Lillard and Aldridge

#43 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:23 AM

Sure. I still believe in both. Nash is still a terrific point guard. He's obviously a big liability on defense, but offensively still very effective and efficient. The problem for Nash and really MDT is the personel. We don't have many consistent shooters on this team. Too many liabilities on defense. Having one in Nash is fine, but besides him we have 3-4 guys who can't play defense. Bottom line is we need to get more athletic, get guys who can defend and shoot the basketball. Do that and we can still win with the current core of Kobe, Dwight, and Nash.

I will admit I don't like seeing our starters play so many minutes, but Mike doesn't have much of a choice because we have no depth. Bench is no better than last year. As for Dwight he's complaining about touches, but even when gets the ball he frequently turns it over or is fouled and misses free throws.

In the other topic, you talk about one-dimensional players. Most shooters ARE just that...and a great deal of shooters are also poor defenders (Novak, Korver, Morrow, Gibson, Allen, Dunleavy, Martin, Fredette, Lamb, Calderon, Mason, Gordon, Douglas, Mills, Miller, Telfair...the list goes on). It's tougher to find a Jared Dudley, or a Shane Battier or Raja Bell (who are now over the hill and aren't great defensively).

The fact is, both Nash and D'Antoni are also one-dimensional...Nash in regards to the type of system he can play in, and D'Antoni in regards to the type of system he can coach.

When we got Nash, I made it clear that we could not run this offense. He would have to adjust...to throw less assists, BUT learn to play off of our two superstars as our absolute best shooter (50/40/90). He didn't stay healthy...and by the time he found his way back on the court, Mike D'Antoni was waiting on the bench, big grin and all, ready to run an offense that forced THREE of our best players (Kobe, Dwight and Gasol) to change for ONE of ours...who is also the oldest of the bunch.

Big mistake, that we made, and it will continue to cripple us.

#44 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,177 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Black Ginger

LMAO!!

#45 Rad

Rad

• 1,628 posts

lol how many times have i heard that before

Not sure bro, guessing at least two dozen times? :laughing:

• 40,396 posts

lol how many times have i heard that before

Yeah, absolutely sick of that cliche vehemently as well. Smh.

yo.

#47 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:26 AM

im pretty sure he was joking though. At least i hope :cool2:
Posted Image

#48 Rad

Rad

• 1,628 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:29 AM

Yeah, absolutely sick of that cliche vehemently as well. Smh.

Please forgive me, I know not what I do..

• 40,396 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:32 AM

^ Yes yes I know, because you can't stop loving me and it's pain you're going through. Okay Bryan Adams.

yo.

#50 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Dwight won't commit to us, anybody that would let Dwight walk is insane.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#51 Rad

Rad

• 1,628 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:35 AM

^ Yes yes I know, because you can't stop loving me and it's pain you're going through. Okay Bryan Adams.

Aren't we all? I mean.. just look at our team.

• 40,396 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:38 AM

^ Since you love your cliches, it's only fitting, no pain, no gain. There's a look on the brightside for ya'. It's true though. Sometimes you gotta' suffer & go through the fire to eventually climb, see progress, and ultimately find success again. As great a franchise as we are, it was bound to happen to us at some point again. Unfortunately, that time just seems to be now.

yo.

#53 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,190 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:52 AM

I'm with Real Deal and West Coast... I wouldn't mind if the Lakers traded Dwight.... If he stayed it would be great... But, I'm for whats best or the team. It's really unfortunate that the coach doesn't know how to utilize big men.... When I heard his excuse for starting Clark over Gasol, I scratched my head. He said he was trying to find a quicker line up to run with Chicago? Did you forget about Kobe, Nash and Artest? Please dump this dude in. Las Vegas ditch with the other Mike. Bernie B needs to back hand slap this dude.... My bad, o drifted off topic
Posted Image

#54 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:57 AM

Dwight won't commit to us, anybody that would let Dwight walk is insane.

Letting him walk is infinitely better than trading him. Look around the league. No one is giving us a star for Dwight. Noone who has a potential #1 pick is going to trade for Dwight

Taking the gamble is the only sensible option. Trading him makes no sense. None whatsoever

Unless the kings want to give us tyreke and Demarcus cousins but oh wait, those two have sure been able to win a ton in sacramento
Posted Image

#55 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:07 AM

Trading Dwight is obviously a last resort. Just something to consider for the future.

I'm worried about this 2014 plan turning out like the Mavs plan.

This

If I'm the GM I'm going to search for a player which has the same desire energy to WIN like Faried, Clark and Jordan Hill, the rest of the Lakers are exhausted, their souls are gone

No HUNGER, No Effort, No Hustle and the worst part NO TEAM WORK and I'm SICK instead of tired of this.

Edited by Drazard, January 22, 2013 - 01:08 AM.

33bkfif.jpg

#56 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:13 AM

Why would you want to trade Dwight for picks or whatever? The point of trading him for picks is to get a piece you can build your franchise around.

Oh wait. Take a look at the roster. We already have one.

#57 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:16 AM

Letting him walk is infinitely better than trading him. Look around the league. No one is giving us a star for Dwight. Noone who has a potential #1 pick is going to trade for Dwight

Taking the gamble is the only sensible option. Trading him makes no sense. None whatsoever

Unless the kings want to give us tyreke and Demarcus cousins but oh wait, those two have sure been able to win a ton in sacramento

Of course they won't, he is a diva and has to play in certain cities. He could have played in CHI, OKC, etc, but no.

I would take that supersonics trade.

If Pau was Dwight age, I'm trading Dwight.

Edited by Chad, January 22, 2013 - 01:25 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#58 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:19 AM

You don't trade Dwight unless you get offered one of the following:

Lebron
Kd
Cp3
Rondo
Rose
Wb
Paul George and hibbert
DMC, tyreke, and Aaron brooks
Klove
Melo
Kyrie
Lillard and Aldridge

I love the Paul George Hibbert idea - George and David West would also be very good.

#59 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:21 AM

In regards to Kerr, it's nice to hear that he's at least suggesting what could help the team, rather than poke fun at us, which is what most other people/analysts are doing right now. I'm a sports radio junkie, so I really had to cut back on what I have been listening to lately, just because I'm tired of hearing our team endlessly ridiculed.

And yeah, he's right - I've been in a strange daze after Lakers losses - it really does suck the life out of you.

Edited by leor_77, January 22, 2013 - 01:35 AM.

#60 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,320 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 22, 2013 - 02:21 AM

DONT TRADE D-12!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users