Steve Kerr Says Trade Dwight

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:55 PM

exactly. what are we going to get. lopez, brooks, and a pick.

nothing we can get worth trading him for or that will help the future.
Posted Image

#22 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:56 PM

Everyone should be on the block MINUS Kobe and Howard. That includes Nash, and even though it's unlikely, it also means we get rid of Mike D'Antoni's ass, and let Bernie Bickerstaff coach this team the rest of the way.

Howard doesn't look happy on the court simply because he's not being used the right way. Meanwhile, because he's not being used correctly, Kobe is having to play 40 minutes and score 30 points.

Do we still have any Nash/MDA supporters here, by any chance? I'm interested to know how they feel halfway through the season. I'm still posting the same things I did back in September and October.

#23 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:57 PM

I would rather see Dwight walk.

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:58 PM

for me it's

dwight stay
dwight walk

thats it. a trade is useless IMO. not going to get anything worth getting even for the future.
Posted Image

• 40,603 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:59 PM

Do we still have any Nash/MDA supporters here, by any chance? I'm interested to know how they feel halfway through the season.

Here's one:

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60278-fire-mike-dantoni/page__st__220#entry1273182

Still think D'Antoni is a good coach.

& maybe Majesty would be a decent guess, but he hasn't been around for a while so I'm not fully sure of his stance.

yo.

#26 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:59 PM

Everyone should be on the block MINUS Kobe and Howard. That includes Nash, and even though it's unlikely, it also means we get rid of Mike D'Antoni's ass, and let Bernie Bickerstaff coach this team the rest of the way.

Howard doesn't look happy on the court simply because he's not being used the right way. Meanwhile, because he's not being used correctly, Kobe is having to play 40 minutes and score 30 points.

Do we still have any Nash/MDA supporters here, by any chance? I'm interested to know how they feel halfway through the season. I'm still posting the same things I did back in September and October.

don't think anyone will take nash tbh. old making 12 million a year. they do have to trade pau now. if not for this season at least prepare for next
Posted Image

#27 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:01 AM

Here's one:

http://lakernation.c...20#entry1273182

& maybe Majesty would be a decent guess, but he hasn't been around for a while so I'm not fully sure of his stance.

majesty is incapable of seeing flaws in the lakers so since they are filled with flaws he probably can't see them. it probably looks like a blank screen to him
Posted Image

#28 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,285 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

I wouldn't trade Dwight either.

Plus, it's virtually impossible to get back equal value when trading a superstar in this league.

• 40,603 posts

don't think anyone will take nash tbh. old making 12 million a year.

I could see Toronto taking him, Canada & all, national hero. They're not winning anything anytime soon might as well sell more tickets.

yo.

#30 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:02 AM

Unlike some here on this site and in our fan base outside of the internet, I'm a Lakers fan. There are many that say they are Lakers fans, but in reality they are Kobe fans.

Kobe is legendary and I consider him one of the best of all time. But I want what's best for this team moving forward. If that means trading Dwight for young talent and draft picks, get it done.

I hope we can build something soon to give Kobe one last shot, but if that doesn't happen, tough [expletive] that's how sports works. Some players get one shot at a title, some none. Kobe has had 7 chances and came out victorious 5 times.

In five years, we more than likely wont have Kobe. But when that time comes, I want my team to continue moving forward with a talented squad. If that means trading Dwight now so we set ourselves up for successful seasons down the line? Do it. If that means keeping Dwight, then keep him.

No one wants to make the tough decision, but sometimes it's necessary. I'm not saying we should definitely trade Dwight but I wouldn't close the door on that possibility either. It's whats ever best for the Los Angeles Lakers

#31 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,956 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:04 AM

Dwight is a long term plan. He will be a top player in the league for another 5-6 years. People be patient.

Trading dwight would do nothing but prolong us from doing anything in the nba for years. Sad thing to say is we may not even be contenders till 2014 when kobe's, pau's, and metta's contract is up.

We have no tradable players except pau and even as a huge expiring contract that can probablly only net us 2 good bench players at best right now. We need cap room and potential.

Trade pau in the offseason for young bench players then focus on clark getting more involved into this team. I have a feeling this guy will become more than just a 5th player out there on the starting squad.

One of the players though if not a bench player in a pau trade needs to be a pg. If even get 2 point guards one starter and another back up. I am gonna guess that nash will retire after this season. Just doubt he will want to come back after this season.

Trading dwight is the worst thing we can do. Even if we got a ton of draft picks and young players it would set us back at least 5 years and we would be lucky is any of those players would amount to anything.

Idk about hill. Personally I think we should trade him as well. I think his injurys are going to be recurring and he will be out more than not.

All in all be patient. This season sucks yes. Next season may suck as well. We will get better.It may take a few season but we will. We have owners willing to pay the extra buck to get the best players. Thats why we are usually a contender.

#32 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:05 AM

The only way for Dwight to be productive is to surround him with jump shooters. Lakers will pretty much be the Los Angeles Magic.
I do not want to see that. Ship his ass off please, even if he wants to stay or not.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:05 AM

Unlike some here on this site and in our fan base outside of the internet, I'm a Lakers fan. There are many that say they are Lakers fans, but in reality they are Kobe fans.

Kobe is legendary and I consider him one of the best of all time. But I want what's best for this team moving forward. If that means trading Dwight for young talent and draft picks, get it done.

I hope we can build something soon to give Kobe one last shot, but if that doesn't happen, tough [expletive] that's how sports works. Some players get one shot at a title, some none. Kobe has had 7 chances and came out victorious 5 times.

In five years, we more than likely wont have Kobe. But when that time comes, I want my team to continue moving forward with a talented squad. If that means trading Dwight now so we set ourselves up for successful seasons down the line? Do it. If that means keeping Dwight, then keep him.

No one wants to make the tough decision, but sometimes it's necessary. I'm not saying we should definitely trade Dwight but I wouldn't close the door on that possibility either. It's whats ever best for the Los Angeles Lakers

the offers orlando was receiving will not give us young talent. trading dwight doesn't help the future. the better bet for the future is to hope he stays and if he doesn't he walks and we clear all of the cap room
Posted Image

#34 Rad

Rad

• 1,644 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:06 AM

Rome wasn't built in a day.

#35 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,487 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:06 AM

The only way for Dwight to be productive is to surround him with jump shooters. Lakers will pretty much be the Los Angeles Magic.
I do not want to see that. Ship his ass off please, even if he wants to stay or not.

lol this statement could not be more wrong
Posted Image

#36 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:08 AM

People on this forum are so quick to trade players. The Lakers won't get anything worthwhile for Dwight. Not many teams are willing to trade lottery picks or young talent for a possible rental player. The best option is to let him finish the season and let him make his own decision. If he walks, the Lakers have a ton of cap space for 2014. If he stays, we have a somebody to build around.

#37 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:08 AM

Sure. I still believe in both. Nash is still a terrific point guard. He's obviously a big liability on defense, but offensively still very effective and efficient. The problem for Nash and really MDT is the personel. We don't have many consistent shooters on this team. Too many liabilities on defense. Having one in Nash is fine, but besides him we have 3-4 guys who can't play defense. Bottom line is we need to get more athletic, get guys who can defend and shoot the basketball. Do that and we can still win with the current core of Kobe, Dwight, and Nash.

I will admit I don't like seeing our starters play so many minutes, but Mike doesn't have much of a choice because we have no depth. Bench is no better than last year. As for Dwight he's complaining about touches, but even when gets the ball he frequently turns it over or is fouled and misses free throws.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, January 22, 2013 - 12:10 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#38 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:09 AM

the offers orlando was receiving will not give us young talent. trading dwight doesn't help the future. the better bet for the future is to hope he stays and if he doesn't he walks and we clear all of the cap room

Like I said, whatever is best for the Los Angeles Lakers.

If that means Dwight as the star, great. If Dwight is traded, then I'm more okay with that now then before this season.

The Lakers will go with Dwight moving forward though. He's the younger player that you commit to, there's no denying that.

#39 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,043 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:11 AM

All-star break would be the last chance for MDA(though i think is late) , let bernie coach the rest of the season , lets see how it will work ,, start working for next season from now .. I'm not high for this team anymore, ill prepare for next year from now..

#40 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:14 AM

The best bet for the future is for Dwight to learn how to not get stripped so damn much, develop a soft touch around the rim, and he also needs to learn how to shoot free throws at >=65%. Black Ginger is a better shooter than this guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users