#741 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,425 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:03 PM

You don't need hindsight to know that D'Antoni was a terrible choice. Neither do you need it to know they should've chosen Brian Shaw, who paid his dues, over Mike Brown.

The Buss family was trying to show they could win without the triangle, without Phil and his proven system. The ego play didn't work, yet all they make are excuses now.

Their inaction speaks loudest right now.

If you call me or Windu narrow minded then I guess Jmaes Worrhy and Magic Johnson are narrow minded too.

Ill stay in their. Implant and viewpoint any day of the week or year, thanks.

#742 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,268 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

This has nothing to with hindsight so spare me the bull[expletive] excuses.

The front office KNEW that Mike Brown failed in Cleveland and that he sucked offensively. The front office KNEW that Mike D'Antoni sucked wherever he's coached and yet they still hired both of these bums...that's their [expletive]ing mistake.

Get the [expletive] outta here with your rant against the forums. Get lost if you don't like it.

So the front office spends 100 million and hires coaches it knows can't win?

#743 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,309 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

If the front office wont fire D'antoni. how bout fire Eddie Jordan and hire mcmillan. i mean cmon. the guy's not doing anything. hire some defensive asst. coach mindset

#744 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:04 PM

Why buy a Ferrari and then give it to Helen Keller for a drive?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Both Brown and MDA were mistakes.

#745 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:05 PM

So the front office spends 100 million and hires coaches it knows can't win?

What have Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni won exactly? Not a damn thing.

When you hire Mike D'Antoni over PHIL JACKSON there is something really really really wrong with the front office.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#746 fido

fido

• 11,425 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:07 PM

I never said they weren't trying when they got the starters they did.

What I've been saying is they've done zero, nothing, nada, not even the smallest of tweaks or comments to any fan to show that they care to right the ship.

They made coaching decisions based on who and they made a team based in paper. Now that it hasn't worked, I expect action not excuses, blaming and inaction.

It's not being a crybaby, it's called caring about winning. I guess that just isn't so popular with Laker fans any more.

As long as everyone tries, right? Please, it's like being at a kids soccer game the way some fans baby these guys.

I TOTALLY AGREE Windu, I don't know why people defend these terrible choices so much. I think a lot of it is denial about what has happened with team mangement.

#747 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,268 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:09 PM

What have Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni won exactly? Not a damn thing.

When you hire Mike D'Antoni over PHIL JACKSON there is something really really really wrong with the front office.

I don't disagree.

#748 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,826 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:11 PM

Until I see some big changes happen, I'm done with watching full games. I only tuned in for like 10 minutes before I knew the game was going to be out of reach. That Duhon/Morris backcourt is usually a death knell.

It's not worth it to waste so much time just to see horrible defense, terrible coaching, and zero urgency from this team. What a joke.

#749 fido

fido

• 11,425 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Careful, guess you're a bandwagon, entitled fan like me now.

Realism ain't too popular around these parts nowadays. I remember when all Laker fans would be upset about a situation like this. Instead those who care the most about winning are now chastised and called fair weather fans.

Times have changed.

#750 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Fido, why you are a moderator and why it says "Analyst" above your name eludes me. There is nothing analytical about what you are saying. Who is babying anyone? If you are such a genius, go interview for a front office position. I mean seriously, what is laughable is that we have people perusing the forums, pretending to know best. This is a frustrating time for fans, players, coaches, management, Time Warner SportsNet, even the ball boys. For you to think that no one is on top of it is just stupid. Do you have any clue how their TWC deal works? The better they are, the more viewers they get, the more the contract is worth, the longer it extends. They want that money. That money is worth more than ticket sales and merchandise sales combined.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, January 23, 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#751 fido

fido

• 11,425 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the insults, appreciate that, shows you're paying attention.

Yeah I know how TV deals work. This is why I told people to stop watching along with not going to one game, one lousy game. It will speak volumes. The loudest voice is indifference.

One of these people perusing these forums pretending to know best is also yourself, so at least you limped you in with me as far as your insults go, thanks.

Because my opinion differs from yours it's not a reason to attack why I'm a moderator or why I'm allowed to say what I think.

I know different opinions can be frustrating, but it's part of a discussion. If I irk you so much, if what I say is so meaningless, then ignore me.

I'm more than fine with it.

Meanwhile I'm allowed to post my opinion just as much as you are allowed to yours.

Thanks again.

#752 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for the insults, appreciate that, shows you're paying attention.

Yeah I know how TV deals work. This is why I told people to stop watching along with not going to one game, one lousy game. It will speak volumes. The loudest voice is indifference.

One of these people perusing these forums pretending to know best is also yourself, so at least you limped you in with me as far as your insults go, thanks.

Because my opinion differs from yours it's not a reason to attack why I'm a moderator or why I'm allowed to say what I think.

I know different opinions can be frustrating, but it's part of a discussion. If I irk you so much, if what I say is so meaningless, then ignore me.

I'm more than fine with it.

Meanwhile I'm allowed to post my opinion just as much as you are allowed to yours.

Thanks again.

Actually I am not pretending to know everything, hence why I am saying that we should leave "knowing everything" to the people who are qualified to be in that position. If there is anyone I trust right now in the entire organization it is Mitch Kupchak. All I am saying to you is, stop being so high and mighty with what every fan should do. If you want to boycott the team, then go ahead. But don't prance around and tell everyone else that it is the right thing to do, when in reality it is not. It just makes us all look spoiled. You want to boycott? Become a Lions fan. There's ownership and mgmt that deserves a boycott.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, January 23, 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#753 fido

fido

• 11,425 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Im not prancing around.

This really offends you doesn't it? Again, if it annoys you, ignore.

The high and mighty perception is your view on my rants. If you thin that of me so be it, I've been called worse.

Again, I'm allowed to say what iWant, despite what your view is.

#754 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Added Jamison: "Let's just have fun, man, and enjoy this journey and just pull for each other and realize that this is a special team. The first half of this season has been an embarrassment. We've been the laughingstock of the NBA. So, let's turn that embarrassment into one of the best stories in sports history and turn things around."

lol

Yea says the guy who is playing like complete [expletive].

• 40,494 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:39 PM

I don't want MDA in my mouth.

Sorry. Last time that happened, I got remnants of his mustache.

:laughing: So wrong.

yo.

#756 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,325 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:47 PM

We got the Jazz and their secret Laker killer Kanter on Friday, damn this team just can't catch a break. When do we play the Pistons again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users