#721 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts
  • Name:Hello, My Baby!
  • Fan Since:Hello, My Darlin'!
  • Fav. Laker:Hello, My Ragtime Gal!

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Maybe he'll put Pau back out to the 3 point line just for kicks.

Hell if MDA wants spacing, might as well have Howard hover around the perimeter.

He's 100% from three this season, too, isn't he, lol.

Trade for Austin Rivers, say, Hill & Johnson. 

#722 lildvl10

lildvl10

Rookie

• 647 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:39 PM

clark high again after game lol

#723 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,700 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:40 PM

The only positives I see every game is Earl Clark

#724 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,225 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted Image

#725 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts

Clark has the best post game interviews, lol.

#726 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

I don't want MDA in my mouth.

Sorry. Last time that happened, I got remnants of his mustache.

#727 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,550 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:42 PM

And the struggle still continues.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#728 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,536 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:42 PM

im starting to lose more and more interest in watching the lakers. only watched the last 3 mins of the game.

#729 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 712 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:45 PM

Not according to some gotRings.

I say boycott one came because this team won't show how the fans feel or they won't truly care until it hits them where they live, their bank account.

I know this point just escapes so many, but it works.

Call my points stupid, my opinions laughable, my anger trivial, but sooner rather than later the disrespect this team is showing its fans will hit you too.

Just hit James Worthy, one more waking up from this nightmare some just blindly follow without one thought to what is actually happening here.

Enjoy your dream state all you like. Me, I choose to recognize what this team is right now - a joke, a disrespectful joke that shows no signs of wanting to change for the better.

You are right Fido. Laker management really just wanted/wants this season to be a disaster so they can have a good laugh. The plain fact that you think we should be boycotting and that you think that management is being disrespectful to fans is the real atrocity. There is a difference between running into a short term roster and coaching issue, and running a franchise into the dirt. The latter requires a boycott.

#730 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 892 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Maybe with all these losses we get rid of the bandwagon fans?

#731 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Not according to some gotRings.

I say boycott one came because this team won't show how the fans feel or they won't truly care until it hits them where they live, their bank account.

I know this point just escapes so many, but it works.

Call my points stupid, my opinions laughable, my anger trivial, but sooner rather than later the disrespect this team is showing its fans will hit you too.

Just hit James Worthy, one more waking up from this nightmare some just blindly follow without one thought to what is actually happening here.

Enjoy your dream state all you like. Me, I choose to recognize what this team is right now - a joke, a disrespectful joke that shows no signs of wanting to change for the better.

It is a basketball game, entertainment. Nothing to get upset over. They sucked last year, they made moves to not suck, didn't work. I'm sure they will try again next year.

#732 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,005 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:49 PM

If the front office was interested in winning then they wouldn't have hired Mike Brown, they wouldn't have hired Mike D'Antoni, and they would have traded Pau Gasol.

Don't give me any [expletive] about those [expletive]ers being good coaches either.

Edited by Windu, January 23, 2013 - 07:49 PM.

Pau Gasol is TRASH

#733 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 770 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:52 PM

If the front office was interested in winning then they wouldn't have hired Mike Brown, they wouldn't have hired Mike D'Antoni, and they would have traded Pau Gasol.

Don't give me any [expletive] about those [expletive]ers being good coaches either.

Our payroll shows they wanted to win. They spent the money. If they really didn't give a [expletive] they would have just rolled with the same roster we had and waited for all our contracts to expire.

They just picked the wrong coaches and players to do it.

#734 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,005 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:54 PM

Our payroll shows they wanted to win. They spent the money. If they really didn't give a [expletive] they would have just rolled with the same roster we had and waited for all our contracts to expire.

They just picked the wrong coaches and players to do it.

Why buy a Ferrari and then give it to Helen Keller for a drive?
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#735 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 712 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:56 PM

How narrow minded can you be? Hindsight is 20/20. They took a legit stab at getting coaches they felt were available at the time that would create a system for players to win games. It didn't work out. Will D'Antoni be around next year if we miss the playoffs? Doubt it. Is Mike Brown still around? Nope. Did we sign players and make moves and pay $130m in salaries+taxes to not win? Get real.

Sick and tired of the immature crybaby bull[expletive] that is plaguing these forums. And it comes from moderators which is just the worst.

#736 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,279 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:59 PM

Believe me my life goes on with or without basketball.

A boycott of one game would get the point across. Again, I know you may not think so, but it would.

Several bad decisions in the front office over the last couple of seasons is a justifiable reason to be concerned about and upset at the organization that claims it prizes winning over all.

#737 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 712 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:00 PM

And just to clarify...I have a strong dislike for several of our players on this roster. Unfortunately some of them have terrible contracts and cannot be traded, some of them came in a trade, some are bad draft picks, and some of them are tanking their trade value so we cant move them just yet.

Regardless, Lakers management is the best thing us fans have to hold onto right now. Coaches and players outside of Kobe are up in the air. Is Mitch the best gm of all time? No. Definitely not. He made some bad moves signing FA with our exceptions, like giving Steve Blake & MWP those contracts, but he and the Busses are a great team of managers, always looking to make something happen. They just dont do it haphazardly or reactionary. Which is why they have their lives and careers, and you have yours.

EDIT: Regarding coaching, it is easy for us fans to look in and say, "Hey that guy sucks! Why would you hire him?!" When in reality they don't suck, at least not under the right circumstances. It is a balancing act of who is out and available to hire at the moment, who can give you some long term solutions (PJax could not), and how do they feel about the roster. Clearly D'Antoni is having issues wrapping his hands around the roster, so was Mike Brown. My money goes on the roster rather than coaching. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

Edited by Calisupra2nr, January 23, 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#738 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,700 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Been riding the Laker roller coaster since 95! sure as hell won't stop believing! We will get our [expletive] together whether its tomorrow or next season! all I know is we will be back on top.

#739 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,005 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:01 PM

How narrow minded can you be? Hindsight is 20/20. They took a legit stab at getting coaches they felt were available at the time that would create a system for players to win games. It didn't work out. Will D'Antoni be around next year if we miss the playoffs? Doubt it. Is Mike Brown still around? Nope. Did we sign players and make moves and pay $130m in salaries+taxes to not win? Get real.

Sick and tired of the immature crybaby bull[expletive] that is plaguing these forums. And it comes from moderators which is just the worst.

This has nothing to with hindsight so spare me the bull[expletive] excuses.

The front office KNEW that Mike Brown failed in Cleveland and that he sucked offensively. The front office KNEW that Mike D'Antoni sucked wherever he's coached and yet they still hired both of these bums...that's their [expletive]ing mistake.

Get the [expletive] outta here with your rant against the forums. Get lost if you don't like it.
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#740 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:02 PM

Agreed. Said from the beginning, it's definitely not a lack of trying, it just didn't work. To think they aren't trying with this payroll is just lunacy.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users