#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,702 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:46 AM

Dwight gets touches. He turns them over or is fouled. This whole Dwight only gets 5 touches is BS to begin with and as a player he should know that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:51 AM

There is no reason why he shouldnt get the ball thrown to him without a player in the corner making it easy for the double team to occur! He should get that post option with no1 in the same corner 3 area he is posted up on at least 5 times a quarter! (just dump ball in a get the hell out the way)
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#43 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,702 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:57 AM

This is the thing. The players shouldn't be trying to find Dwight. It should be the other way around. It shouldn't be Kobe and Nash drawing 2 defenders and searching for Dwight, it should be Dwight looking for Kobe and Nash while being double teamed. They are doing the opposite and that's not what Dwight is best at. HE should know that above all else.

Edited by Majesty, January 22, 2013 - 07:58 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#44 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:47 AM

This is the thing. The players shouldn't be trying to find Dwight. It should be the other way around. It shouldn't be Kobe and Nash drawing 2 defenders and searching for Dwight, it should be Dwight looking for Kobe and Nash while being double teamed. They are doing the opposite and that's not what Dwight is best at. HE should know that above all else.

This....but Dwight doesn't get as many oppurtinities to create out of the post.

#45 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 22, 2013 - 11:04 AM

After the game he brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts.

:laughing:

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 40,396 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:51 PM

^ It's beyond absurd isn't it? Gosh and I thought we had a greater professional than Bynum, but maybe Dwight isn't so advanced in his maturity either apparently. Extremely disappointing to say the least.

yo.

#47 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:58 PM

1) It gets stripped because there is no damn spacing.
2) We have no shooters, how do you play inside-out?
3) Dwight needs a lot of space since he has no post moves
4) Mike D'Antoni is horrible
5) Steve Nash is too old to run the offense. We build around a 39 year old. Very smart!!
6) Pau Gasol needs to go bye bye for Dwight to play better in the post = more spacing
7) We need a stretch four. Earl Clark will suffice, I guess. But if we play Earl at 4 might as well get Josh Smith (yeah I know we can't)

And Gasol doesn't help the spacing because teams are daring him to shoot jumpers, laying off him, and packing the paint. Since the paint "is the space we need", according to MDA, that is exactly what teams are taking away. Gasol can't make them pay with the jumper, which is part of the reason why we are so poor when Dwight & Gasol are on the court together.

Gasol's best strength in the high post is his passing ability. He is highly skilled. But, if you lay off him and take away the passing lanes, it ruins him, and hurts Dwight, because Dwight needs more space.

It's bad, folks.

We need a healthy Dwight, and we aren't going to have that in time to for it to really matter.

I still don't think you trade him, because we've already seen strong flashes from him and several good games this season. He'll be 98% next season. Unless you know he's not going to be, or unless you know he is going to take less money to sign elsewhere, then you hold onto him and trust that he's healthy next year.

Meanwhile, I'd trade Gasol and try to acquire talent and picks. Sure, Brooklyn wants Dwight, so how about Gasol instead? Anybody who wants Dwight, try to flip Gasol to them. I'd even trade him to Miami, if I could. Definitely to Cleveland and try to get a pick. Charlotte? Absolutely!

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#48 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 22, 2013 - 02:06 PM

He needed a few more touches. Because Kobe should not have BEEN IN THE GAME THAT MANY MINUTES.

D'Antoni is playing the guy much harder than Mike Brown did.

• 40,396 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
Just went through every LA off possession on Synergy. Dwight had 17 touches, 2 other attempts to get him ball were TO's. 11 touches..

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
..ended in something negative, not including missed FT possessions. He said "look at the stat sheet" I did. He's delusional.

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
He also had 5 fouls, couldn't set screens last night. It's not that he had a bad game, it's that he takes 0 responsibility for his poor play

Good stuff.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users