Photo

Doc Rivers Threatens Major Changes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

• 40,416 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 06:23 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/doc-rivers-threatens-big-changes-celtics-one-week-001857603--nba.html

On Sunday, the Boston Celtics lost 105-88 to the Detroit Pistons, a team playing its first game since Thursday's "home" game in London. Given the circumstances of the loss, the Celtics have reason to worry.

They were just outplayed by what most everyone would identify as an inferior opponent.

Rivers' postgame comments left an unmistakable impression that he has had all he's going to take from this Celtics team that continues to play erratic, inconsistent and underachieving basketball.

"I gotta either find the right combination or the right guys, or we're going to get some guys out of here," said a visibly upset Rivers after the Celtics lost their third straight game. "That's the bottom line. This group right now, they're not playing right. It's in them to play right. But right now they haven't been either because I'm not getting to them, or they're not getting to each other."
Said Kevin Garnett: "I'm pretty sure Doc's upset and frustrated like everybody else here right now. He's mad as me, he thinks in those terms. I'm a player and I have to say, 'what can I do better?' That's where I'm at." [...]
"I'm clearly not doing my job with this team," Rivers said. "I ain't trying to take a bullet for the team. I told them that, 'we gotta find something every night all 12 guys play the same way."' [...]
"I don't think guys are honest with each other," Rivers said. "I just don't think we have committed to being a good basketball team. I think this team wants everything easy; they want the easy way out. They just want to win easy. And I told them, 'the only way you're going to win easy is you're going to have to play hard. The harder you play, the easier the game becomes."'

As Blakely notes in his report, this isn't the first time Rivers has expressed frustration with this season's team after a series of tough losses. In late November, Rivers called the Celtics "soft," and after a particularly awful blowout to the Clippers in December, he implied that only one team on the court was at a championship level. These complaints are now a trend, and it looks like they're only getting worse.

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,979 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 22, 2013 - 11:04 AM

Pierce is on his way out.

Here's to hoping they sell Rondo low and find a way to ship him to the Lakers some way, somehow.

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,401 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 11:05 AM

I have a feeling Pierce ends up with the Clippers.

• 40,416 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:48 PM

There's already been several reports on numerous occasions of Rondo & Doc not exactly seeing eye to eye and every now & then I catch myself watching a few of their games on league pass and I see signs of it as well. Rondo can be very stubborn.

I find it hard to believe that Pierce would be sent out. I mean I know it's certainly possible, but I just find it harder to believe in the sense that he's been there his whole career (which is rare), he's probably a Celtic legend, and to just send him away at the end of his career like that I would think all those factors would weigh into that decision, but I guess maybe not.

yo.

#5 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,979 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:55 PM

I have a feeling Rudy Gay ends up with the Clippers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users