#101 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:00 AM

The only reason Pau "has to start" is if you want this franchise to keep circling down the [expletive]ter.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#102 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:03 AM

The only reason Pau "has to start" is if you want this franchise to keep circling down the [expletive]ter.

Pau has to start. That being said, I would love to trade him if we could get Smoove or Iggy. But as long as he's here, we have to put our 5 best players on the floor.

#103 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Pau has to start.

our 5 best players on the floor.

Kobe
Dwight
Nash
Metta
Hill (when not injured)
Clark

ALL superior to Pau Gasol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#104 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:12 AM

I'm not even going to engage in an argument about Pau and Clark.

We're 2-4 with Clark as a starter - it's not like were' lighting it up with Big Earl in there.

#105 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:14 AM

Even if you disregard Clark, there's still 5 players on that list superior to that trash Pau Gasol.

Pau Gasol is a cancer. He's superior to no one.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#106 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,455 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:16 AM

LMAO Ron over Pau.

Welcome to the darkside.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#107 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,844 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:17 AM

To start the season Pau was worse than those players.. I think Now he is back to his Top 4 spot, with his health seeming to stabilize.

He could pass Nash, if Nash keeps playing the way he has the past 2 weeks

#108 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:18 AM

LMAO Ron over Pau.

Welcome to the darkside.

You know it's the truth...you've seen the light.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#109 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:20 AM

To start the season Pau was worse than those players.. I think Now he is back to his Top 4 spot, with his health seeming to stabilize.

He could pass Nash, if Nash keeps playing the way he has the past 2 weeks

Pau has been trash every month this season

Pau Gasol is GONE

#110 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,844 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:25 AM

well this week, he is better than Metta and it's not that close.

#111 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts
  • Fan Since:85
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Superman,Big Shot Rob

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:35 AM

You lose a soft player
You don't have to pay 20 mil for trash
You lose a no defense player
You lose a mentally fragile player
You lose a zero-accountability player

win-win

I'm gonna start assuming some of you are only remembering what you want to remember. Pau Gasol's ineffectiveness (my nicest word for him) has been going on for a LONG time. This is not something new where you can say "oh oh what about kobe...what about DH" blah blah blah.

ALL of you Pau Gasol apologists were [expletive]ing SILENT when he failed in the playoffs repeatedly.

"Everyone" was not raving about Nash coming back; not those of us who realized the idiocy in hiring Mike D'Antoni and retaining Pau Gasol.

You say your not interested in assumptions now you assume. You still fail to see our actual problem with the lakers. Trading Pau aint gonna solve all issues. You talk like hes the game changer once traded. I would rather find something that works with the whole team versus trade one player and gamble on it as of this point. BTW it was the lakers TEAM that failed in the playoffs repeatedly. I was silent for sure, and if you were the one who was crying no one wants to hear that sh1t.

I would rather have:

Good System+current roster=Championship

than

You lose a soft player

win-no championship

Everyone was raving about Nash coming back

#112 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,592 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 24, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Trading Pau DOES work for the whole team.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#113 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,844 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 12:30 PM

Ireland and others on radio suggesting that maybe we keep Gasol and trade Dwight.

Talking about gasol is BACK, after two and half good performances.

Maybe he confused Marc with Pau.

#114 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Trading Pau DOES work for the whole team.

So a sh1tty system and trading PAU makes the team better?

#115 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,844 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 01:53 PM

The system and Pau are different issues.

Pau on decline

#116 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,194 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 24, 2013 - 02:38 PM

if you watched pau during the olymics over the summer, you know that pau is still one of the best players in the world, with the potential to be the best player on the court at anytime...

Pau needs to be in the low post...

Period...

Even when he plays PF and his brother at C, pau still works out of low post, and has Marc work in the high post.

#117 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 02:57 PM

You say your not interested in assumptions now you assume. You still fail to see our actual problem with the lakers. Trading Pau aint gonna solve all issues. You talk like hes the game changer once traded. I would rather find something that works with the whole team versus trade one player and gamble on it as of this point. BTW it was the lakers TEAM that failed in the playoffs repeatedly. I was silent for sure, and if you were the one who was crying no one wants to hear that sh1t.

I would rather have:

Good System+current roster=Championship

than

You lose a soft player

win-no championship

Everyone was raving about Nash coming back

I'm not assuming anything. It's simple logic: Get rid of Pau Gasol and that's one less headache remaining on your team, that's 20 mil you don't have to waste, that means Gasol's teammates aren't always responsible for taking up his slack.

I NEVER once said trading Pau Gasol would solve "all" of our issues. I said:

Having him gone from LA AUTOMATICALLY improves the team. We won't miss his poor production and matador defense

Trading Gasol doesn't fix our [expletive]ty coaching, doesn't fix our front office's [expletive]ty decisions, doesn't fix our [expletive]ty PG defense, etc. What it fixes is having Gasol on this team. That's a problem unto itself. Don't put words in my mouth.

You never "gamble" when you're taking out the trash

You know why you were silent? It's because you believed the lie that is Pau Gasol. He bamboozled you and many gullible LA fans. I wasn't crying, I was saying get this piece of [expletive] outta LA while you were saying give him another chance.

You can't have a good system because you don't have a good head coach. However, Pau Gasol has faltered under Phil Jackson, Mike Brown, and Mike D'Antoni; that's 3 different systems...3 different coaches and you're gonna blame Pau Gasol's shortcomings on that?

This franchise has a "To-Do-List" and it begins with firing Mike D'Antoni and trading Pau Gasol.

No, again...everyone was NOT "raving" about Nash coming back. What the [expletive] for? You still have Pau Gasol, you still have Mike D'Antoni and a bull[expletive] system. Not even prime Nash could fix this mess.

Edited by Windu, January 24, 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#118 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,592 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 25, 2013 - 05:43 AM

So a sh1tty system and trading PAU makes the team better?

System of the last 3 seasons hasn't attributed to Pau's crappiness. He has. In the triangle, in the 4 out 1 in, and in this system.

It's never been the system. It's been Pau. Clark contributes more than Gasol and Gasol LOST the start to him because Clark is willing to play a double post BUT can also stretch the floor. Pau has ONE job now, to school bench centers..and the first shot he took as our center off the bench was a 3... With Jamison at the 4.

How long are u gonna start acting like it isn't Gasol's fault? Does it take 3 or 4 seasons in a row before you realize Pau will only be that 'good' one game in every 10? And will constantly suck defensively? Let it go. Pau contributes nothing of merit anymore that effects the game because he sucks so much on the defensive end. This is a problem. Aside from the lack of desire ans passiveness but I digress, its a broken record by now.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#119 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:28 AM

How long are u gonna start acting like the system isnt first priority? Seriously let it go about Pau, his time will come. Lets worry about the bigger issue first.

Edited by Trilapino, January 25, 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#120 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm not assuming anything. It's simple logic: Get rid of Pau Gasol and that's one less headache remaining on your team, that's 20 mil you don't have to waste, that means Gasol's teammates aren't always responsible for taking up his slack.

I NEVER once said trading Pau Gasol would solve "all" of our issues. I said:

Trading Gasol doesn't fix our [expletive]ty coaching, doesn't fix our front office's [expletive]ty decisions, doesn't fix our [expletive]ty PG defense, etc. What it fixes is having Gasol on this team. That's a problem unto itself. Don't put words in my mouth.

You never "gamble" when you're taking out the trash

You know why you were silent? It's because you believed the lie that is Pau Gasol. He bamboozled you and many gullible LA fans. I wasn't crying, I was saying get this piece of [expletive] outta LA while you were saying give him another chance.

You can't have a good system because you don't have a good head coach. However, Pau Gasol has faltered under Phil Jackson, Mike Brown, and Mike D'Antoni; that's 3 different systems...3 different coaches and you're gonna blame Pau Gasol's shortcomings on that?

This franchise has a "To-Do-List" and it begins with firing Mike D'Antoni and trading Pau Gasol.

No, again...everyone was NOT "raving" about Nash coming back. What the [expletive] for? You still have Pau Gasol, you still have Mike D'Antoni and a bull[expletive] system. Not even prime Nash could fix this mess.

Dang you got some issues with Pau. Let it go. Everyone raved about Nash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users