122 replies to this topic

#41 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 21, 2013 - 08:09 PM

Nothing is wrong with him. He's a good energy player to have off the BENCH, but with all due respect he's not a championship caliber starting 4.

we're not a championship caliber team.

#42 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 21, 2013 - 08:10 PM

Lol are you really defending this system for our personnel? We don't have shooters, we have size. That's it, size. We have to use our SIZE to win. Not some system that only work in Phoenix. However, we're stuck with D'Antoni. Trade Pau for bench players or role players? Yeah sureeeee that'll do much.. D'Antoni is just a cancer.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#43 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 21, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Lol are you really defending this system for our personnel? We don't have shooters, we have size. That's it, size. We have to use our SIZE to win. Not some system that only work in Phoenix. However, we're stuck with D'Antoni. Trade Pau for bench players or role players? Yeah sureeeee that'll do much.. D'Antoni is just a cancer.

Posted Image

#44 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:35 PM

\D'Antoni is just a cancer.

Starting to believe this more and more
The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:37 PM

This was sad:

yo.

#46 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,626 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:46 PM

http://lakernation.c...t/#entry1216349

Freaking said this 2 months ago and a lot of you thought it was crazy. Now you're all saying it's genius.

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:50 PM

^ I was with you all the way Bro', don't you forget about me.

yo.

#48 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,626 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:52 PM

^ I was with you all the way Bro', don't you forget about me.

Thank you. I haven't heard this song in forever.

#49 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:54 PM

http://lakernation.c...t/#entry1216349

Freaking said this 2 months ago and a lot of you thought it was crazy. Now you're all saying it's genius.

dude. thousands of laker fans have said to bring Pau off the bench. ive literally heard hundreds.....

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#50 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:28 AM

Bout time. But now here is the problem.

Hill is gone. Clark is starting.

This means that unless metta plays 45 mins a game there is no other defender on our bench that can make up for Pau's inefficiencies. Gasol and Jamison will be our 4 5 defense in the paint when Dwight a Clark sit..help...

Gasol playing the bench 5 with Clark or Hill behind him worked because we have a hustle guy to make up for his lack of it, we'd also have someone other than Dwight that would try to clean up his defensive efficiencies.

Hill is gone. There is only Clark. So unless they BOTH are on the bench our defense wll suffer leaps and bounds if we face a team trying to pound us there.

This is why the Lakers are looking at Cunningham. He gives us that with our bench which we sorely miss without Zill. Expect Hill's tpe along with duhon and ebanks to be shipped out if we get Cunningham. We need him for our bench if Gasaol will remain there and Hill is gone for the season.

Now for what I don't like about Pau right now. This came out and Pau went to the media whining about how unhappy he is and how he feels like itKs likely to lead to a trade. And then after the game he says he isn't gonna complain cause he won't be selfish and it would hurt the team and what they want to do. Yet this was AFTER the fact he already complained about it. But if we aren't trading Pau(which we are) we'll need Cunningham or a player like him on the court with him. Otherwise iot won't matter what Pau averages off the bench because we'll be giving up drive and dishes for wide open 3s and interior cuts all day.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#51 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:42 AM

dude. thousands of laker fans have said to bring Pau off the bench. ive literally heard hundreds.....

And they were all wrong. He needs to get the [expletive] outta LA!

Pau Gasol is GONE

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:49 AM

And they were all wrong. He needs to get the [expletive] outta LA!

Bringing Pau off the bench was needed...but.. So was Jordan Hill being healthy. If we had Hill playing beside Dwight and Clark playing beside Pau or vice versa then it would work. But with Hill injured and Clark starting, the only 4 5 pairing is jamison and pau.. That only changes if Jamison starts or Metta is moved back to the bench and Clark becomes the 3 and Jamison would STILL have to start.

Does a lineup with

Nash
Kobe
Clark
Jamison
Dwight

And a bench of

Blake
Meeks
Ebanks or Morris
Metta
Gasol

Work? Not really.. Hill is Needed for this to work in that aspect. We have no Hill, that's why the Lakers are pursuing Cunningham.

Losing Hill eliminated any advantage Pau coming off the bench gives us cause Jamison isn't gonna cover his defensive efficiencies and vice versa sadly.

So unless we get Cunningham or experience Devin-sanity then Pau's days are numbered here.

#53 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:57 AM

If Pau is in the game, then that means to me that LA does not want to win

Pau Gasol is GONE

#54 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts
  • Fan Since:85
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Superman,Big Shot Rob

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:57 AM

I doubt trading Pau will solve the teams problems. What if we trade him for 'role' players you guys ask for and we still lose? What excuse are you guys going to give next?

#55 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:58 AM

God, if Pau was not already loosing his confidence this is going to kill him. Would not suprise me in the slightest if he tried to sabotage this team....meeting with Calderon his spanish friend before the game Toronto for dinner....bull****, more like telling him what the game plan is.

#56 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:59 AM

I doubt trading Pau will solve the teams problems. What if we trade him for 'role' players you guys ask for and we still lose? What excuse are you guys going to give next?

No one ever said trading Pau would solve all of the teams problems. But, it will solve one BIG problem: PAU GASOL

He's a [expletive]ing problem and has been for years. The other problem is Mike D'Antoni and obviously getting rid of Pau won't fix that but no one ever claimed to have some magic elixir to all of our problems. One step at a time.

Get that 20 mil thief outta here

Pau Gasol is GONE

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:17 AM

No one ever said trading Pau would solve all of the teams problems. But, it will solve one BIG problem: PAU GASOL

He's a [expletive]ing problem and has been for years. The other problem is Mike D'Antoni and obviously getting rid of Pau won't fix that but no one ever claimed to have some magic elixir to all of our problems. One step at a time.

Also fixes our rotations too.

If you get rid of Pau for say a Josh Smith. You have a defensive hustler and rebounder in Smith for the starting lineup and then you can move Clark to the bench and have him be the hustle defensive guy for that unit. Fixes the forwards rotation of ours.

Pau throws off rotations because he's no longer a starting caliber PF, is best as a bench center, yet Jordan Hill is injured so we can't reap all the benefits.

Pau as I said, unless Ebanks i emerges. Is gone. We lost a LOT with Hill. We either will be getting Cunningham and keeping Pau or losing ZPau and getting Smith. My dad keeps saying it's gonna be Aldridge if Portland keeps losing. But we'll see.

#58 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,177 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:22 AM

Blazers are not gonna help us but if they would give us LaMArcus & Matthews for Pau & Mwp = things would change for the better
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#59 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts
  • Fan Since:85
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Superman,Big Shot Rob

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:42 AM

Oh trust me more than half this site said trading Pau would solve all of the teams problems. So whats are next excuse if we trade Pau and we still lose?

#60 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:50 AM

Oh trust me more than half this site said trading Pau would solve all of the teams problems. So whats are next excuse if we trade Pau and we still lose?

That the other problems not caused by Pau still need to be addressed?

If you're standing in a room of open windows and you close the biggest one, there's still open windows but the breeze isn't as intense.

When Gasol is gone, that's the big window closed, then we start closing all the smaller ones and by the time they are all closed we hope we're in the 6-8th seed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users