• Please log in to reply
706 replies to this topic

#301 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,189 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 08:50 AM

7lQhOeE.jpg

Everyone that gets a launch console gets 1 month of ps+, 30days of music unlimited, + $10 psn credit.  :stu2:

hR3rI.png

#302 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 08, 2013 - 09:09 AM

7lQhOeE.jpg

Everyone that gets a launch console gets 1 month of ps+, 30days of music unlimited, + $10 psn credit. :stu2:

Sweet!

#303 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,174 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted November 08, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Lucky bastards.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#304 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,826 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 08, 2013 - 01:20 PM

^^ That is a pretty sweet deal, Sony is doing its best to keep the customers happy. That is great to see. My friend who went to pay off his pre order ps4 at gamestop the other day, the sales lady there said on Black friday a year of PSN is gonna be on sale for 30 bucks I believe. So you can get this free 30 days and then pick up a year on black friday for 30 dollars.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#305 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,153 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted November 08, 2013 - 04:03 PM

The PS4/BF4 Amazon bundle I pre-ordered comes with a year of PS+(not free of course) but i'll use the free month and then get my 12 month subscription going.

the $10 credit is much appreciated. The music thing is whatever, I've never used the service on my PS3, but I might check it out on the PS4.

#306 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,189 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 04:14 PM

1 week away  :woot:

and heads up starting Sunday(11/10-11/16) Target is doing a buy 2 get 1 free on all games including ps4 games. Some games will be available on tuesday the rest on friday. CODGhost is instore now. 

hR3rI.png

#307 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,153 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 04:39 PM

1 week away  :woot:

and heads up starting Sunday(11/10-11/16) Target is doing a buy 2 get 1 free on all games including ps4 games. Some games will be available on tuesday the rest on friday. CODGhost is instore now. 

you pre-ordered the BF4 bundle too right? did you order it only because it was your only option or will you actually play the game(not just casually)? 

If there was better launch day tittles available i'd do the Target deal but it's not a strong list imo. NBA 2K14 is the only other game that interests me a bit.

#308 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,920 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 08, 2013 - 05:28 PM

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#309 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,189 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 07:15 PM

you pre-ordered the BF4 bundle too right? did you order it only because it was your only option or will you actually play the game(not just casually)? 

If there was better launch day tittles available i'd do the Target deal but it's not a strong list imo. NBA 2K14 is the only other game that interests me a bit.

Yeah i got that bundle. I was going to pick up bf4 regardless so yea. 

For the target deal i'm probably doing 2k14, FIFA14, and Killzone

I only really want 2k14 and fifa from the target deal. Never really liked Killzone but some of the vids i've seen look pretty sweet. 

Edited by Marc Maron, November 08, 2013 - 07:17 PM.

hR3rI.png

#310 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,806 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 07:19 PM

7lQhOeE.jpg

Everyone that gets a launch console gets 1 month of ps+, 30days of music unlimited, + $10 psn credit.  :stu2:

i wish they did that when they launched the ps3, we didnt have [expletive] for like a year...looks like they learned their lesson

13z8pc6.jpg

#311 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,534 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted November 08, 2013 - 08:02 PM

Trying to get this before Christmas, I don't have a pre order or the money yet but I'm hoping I can actually find the system in December when I get the cash

#312 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,153 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 08:32 PM

I only really want 2k14 and fifa from the target deal. Never really liked Killzone but some of the vids i've seen look pretty sweet.

Dope brah.

BF4 should be epic. Just hope the launch goes smoother than on PC, and last gen to some extent and if there are major issue that we get a quick patch.

I'm sticking with only BF4 for the time being, next year when better games come out I'll jump on those. If Ryse were coming out on PS4 I'd get it for sure. Or if Watch Dogs wasn't delayed I'd go for it too.

#313 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,288 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted November 08, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Been trying to find a pre order. 

#314 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,189 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 09:05 PM

Been trying to find a pre order. 

Too late now. Your best bet is to go camp out somewhere. 

hR3rI.png

#315 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 399 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 08, 2013 - 10:58 PM

What you can do is keep those two and sell the third on craigslist or ebay for like 50+ dollars. So basically you're getting 2 games for about $70

#316 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,628 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 09, 2013 - 12:56 PM

Everyone that gets a launch console gets 1 month of ps+, 30days of music unlimited, + $10 psn credit. :stu2:i wish they did that when they launched the ps3, we didnt have [expletive] for like a year...looks like they learned their lesson

The free blurays were nice.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#317 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,826 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hey can any of you tech guys explain something that has been baffleing me? There have been multiple videos on youtube of xbone vs ps4 graphics and for the life of me I can't really understand why, but the xbone just seems to look better in most cases of the same game. Doesn't make much sense to me at all, considering that raw computing power, plus games are actually run at 1080p yet they still dont look better, hell sometimes it looks worst.

So, whats up with that? Is it likely that videos uploaded to youtube in the way they are uploaded and rendered isnt the true hd that they would be when you look at your tv? Or how about its the capture of the gameplay that some how changes the true look of it? I mean it seems like the hues and saturation are better on the xbone, and some people on you tube say this is because of the settings the person is playing the game on Xbone, but wouldnt they play it on the same settings when recording on the ps4?

I'm not trying to overreact and say xbone looks better, just wondering why the videos dont match up to how I would think they would. Im sure once the ps4 gets its exclusives built exactly for its architecture and hardware that it will look much better then anything on the xbone. The thing that has me is that normally the same games looked better on the ps3, but this time around it seems as xbone looks better, or at least you tube makes it look that way.

#318 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,153 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 01:17 PM

^not sure about that one. from what I read most games have looked better on PS4, and some will output at a higher resolution as well like COD Ghosts(native 1080p on PS4 and 720p/upscaled to 1080p on xbox) and BF4(native 900p upscaled to 1080p on PS4, 720p and upscaled to full HD on Xbone). most probably won't notice the difference tho, but I don't mind those numbers.

I remember reading months ago how the PS4 had more raw gaming power due to better internal specs, and how the xbox was going to dedicate less of the insides to gaming and use some of that for all the other things it does, as Microsoft was going for more of a media center/console. some websites broke it down, but then ish got too technical and I didn't fully comprehend, lol

Anyway, Amazon is doing that buy 2 get one free deal like Target, and since my BF4/PS4 bundle technically counts as one of those games, I can add any other 2 games to my cart and get them both for about $65. getting 2K14 and idk about the other... maybe COD( :laughing: ) but there's not just enough time for me to play 2 multiplayers, not a FIFA guy, Killzone looks great visually but naa, Assassins Creed Black Flag is my only other option i guess.  have until next saturday to decide.

BTW, the amazon promo only applies to customers who pre-ordered a PS4 game or one of the PS4 bundles, they sent me an email with a promo code that you apply at checkout.

any suggestions or ideas for that free second game are much appreciated  :D  

#319 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,826 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 01:21 PM

^not sure about that one. from what I read most games have looked better on PS4, and some will output at a higher resolution as well like COD Ghosts(native 1080p on PS4 and 720p/upscaled to 1080p on xbox) and BF4(native 900p upscaled to 1080p on PS4, 720p and upscaled to full HD on Xbone). most probably won't notice the difference tho, but I don't mind those numbers.

Yea but from what I have seen xbone looks better. Just wondering why that is the case.

#320 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,153 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 01:28 PM

Yea but from what I have seen xbone looks better. Just wondering why that is the case.

idk how to answer that  :eh:  lol

there's a Killzone multiplayer gameplay video available for download from the playstation blog. it's like a minute long and its about 540MB, but the developers wanted to release it as a download because videos lose quality when streamed. maybe that's one of the reasons vids lose quality?? idk, maybe the xbone is just the better gaming machine  :laughing:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users