Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 28, 2013 - 04:32 PM

awesome choice man.

Can't wait for these 32v32 Rush matches :rock:

I know its gonna be great. It is gonna be pretty crazy online, and I didnt think BF could get much more hetic online with all the crap that already goes on lol.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#222 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,286 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 28, 2013 - 08:11 PM

I know its gonna be great. It is gonna be pretty crazy online, and I didnt think BF could get much more hetic online with all the crap that already goes on lol.

Tell me about it.

You barely clear an area of 5-6 dudes and get out alive, go find a spot to throw down a med pack and heal, and boom, a support dude parachuting in is dropping C4 all over the map and you just happen to get blown up lol

or a tank blows you up.

or some engineer RPG's a building and the rubble falls on you and takes out your whole squad :laughing:

there's never any quiet moments where you can just relax. Always something happening.

But yeah. It's going to be awesome. Frostbite 3 on next gen should give us an awesome game.

#223 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 08:20 PM

Tell me about it.

You barely clear an area of 5-6 dudes and get out alive, go find a spot to throw down a med pack and heal, and boom, a support dude parachuting in is dropping C4 all over the map and you just happen to get blown up lol

or a tank blows you up.

or some engineer RPG's a building and the rubble falls on you and takes out your whole squad :laughing:

there's never any quiet moments where you can just relax. Always something happening.

But yeah. It's going to be awesome. Frostbite 3 on next gen should give us an awesome game.

Yea, Battle field is always a crazy online experience. At times when your on top of the game its amazing, but when your on the team that cant breathe it can get very frustrating very fast.

Also since Im getting a ps4 this time around we should run a few games together online. I get to see the boards battlefield faithful in action lol

#224 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,286 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yea, Battle field is always a crazy online experience. At times when your on top of the game its amazing, but when your on the team that cant breathe it can get very frustrating very fast.

Also since Im getting a ps4 this time around we should run a few games together online. I get to see the boards battlefield faithful in action lol

TDM is fun, but it's the Rush games that are the most frustrating at times but the most rewarding when you do right. Being on a bad Rush team is the worst. Whether you're attacking or defending.

over time i've met some ppl while gaming online that are really good players and even better team mates and it makes playing rush really fun. Makes spending $125 on the Sony PS3 headset worth while lol.

but yeah, once we get our PS4's, we'll try to see what we can do out on the battlefield. can't wait to put the F2000 back in action :rock:

#225 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 08:38 PM

TDM is fun, but it's the Rush games that are the most frustrating at times but the most rewarding when you do right. Being on a bad Rush team is the worst. Whether you're attacking or defending.

over time i've met some ppl while gaming online that are really good players and even better team mates and it makes playing rush really fun. Makes spending $125 on the Sony PS3 headset worth while lol.

but yeah, once we get our PS4's, we'll try to see what we can do out on the battlefield. can't wait to put the F2000 back in action :rock:

I know what you mean, TDM games are a lot easier to be lone wolf and the fastest way to level up weapons or at least for me they were. I could easily get a k/d of 2 or more in TDM. Your right though Rush games are really fun with a squad I enjoy conquest games as well. Both are pretty hard to do a good job at though if your not in an organized squad. 

You play any other games online? Killzone fan? I normally only ever saw you talk about battle field.

#226 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,286 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 09:25 PM

I know what you mean, TDM games are a lot easier to be lone wolf and the fastest way to level up weapons or at least for me they were. I could easily get a k/d of 2 or more in TDM. Your right though Rush games are really fun with a squad I enjoy conquest games as well. Both are pretty hard to do a good job at though if your not in an organized squad.

You play any other games online? Killzone fan? I normally only ever saw you talk about battle field.

Yeah TDM is the main reason why my kills per minute is over 2 lol

I usually dominate close quarter to mid range engaments. K/D is usually at least 1.5 every match. I try to get a K/D of 2 every time tho. That's my goal.

I used to play Modern Warfare 2 some. Played Black Ops A LOT when it came out. Gave Modern Warfare 3 a shot and didn't like it. I've played Medal Of Honor, Max Payne 3, GTA 4, Spec Ops: The Line all online but it was just meh.

Haven't played Killzone online yet tho. I played the demo for KZ3 when it came out but that was just single player. But not a fan of futuristic shooters or sci fi shooters tbh. Although the multi player gameplay for Titan Fall on the new X Box did catch my eye tho. Looked like extreme fun. Too bad it'll be exclusive to the xbox one.

I'll look into the new PS4 KZ when it comes out. But something tells me BF4 will dominate my online gaming time lol

#227 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Yeah TDM is the main reason why my kills per minute is over 2 lol

I usually dominate close quarter to mid range engaments. K/D is usually at least 1.5 every match. I try to get a K/D of 2 every time tho. That's my goal.

I used to play Modern Warfare 2 some. Played Black Ops A LOT when it came out. Gave Modern Warfare 3 a shot and didn't like it. I've played Medal Of Honor, Max Payne 3, GTA 4, Spec Ops: The Line all online but it was just meh.

Haven't played Killzone online yet tho. I played the demo for KZ3 when it came out but that was just single player. But not a fan of futuristic shooters or sci fi shooters tbh. Although the multi player gameplay for Titan Fall on the new X Box did catch my eye tho. Looked like extreme fun. Too bad it'll be exclusive to the xbox one.

I'll look into the new PS4 KZ when it comes out. But something tells me BF4 will dominate my online gaming time lol

I understand your concerns about KZ, I was the same way and actually never played it until a few months ago when I was over my friends house who had a PS3. I was never one for games with lasers or plasma guns (reason I never could get into Halo) but online the game seemed very close to a regular old fashion FPS. There were of course some futuristic things bots and what not but that exist in BF as well. However, I was quite surprised when the majority of the action was just with assault weapons and basically normal guns. I would say you should give it a look when you get a chance it was pretty fun online.

I know what you mean BF4 is the only game I pre ordered because other than that the only other game I will probably get at launch is 2k. I hate picking up a lot of games at the same time because I always feel rushed to beat one and get to the other. I hate jumping around from game to game as well. I know BF4 will be my online game that will eat up hours at a time, while 2k is more to play with my friends and make a Lakers association of course.

Even though I made my choice of PS4 already it seems as if the internet has disapproved of my choice this time. Every site I go on I run into an article comparing the one and ps4 and all of them have apparently changed their mind that the computing power of the ps4 over the one is no big difference and that the one has a better opening day line up. I do agree of the one having a better first day line up (just because of ryse love games based in that period and it looked hella fun) However, a lot of the writers of those articles must be stupid, unless it is just me I think the ps4 is clearly the more powerful machine. I just read one that said the ps4 is gonna required 3.5 gigs of its ram to run its OS and the one only needs 3. I was like so? 4.5 gigs of DDR5 ram still blows 5 gigs of ddr3 ram out of the water. On top of that the PS4 just has more raw computing power. With some of the recent articles I read I feel as if Microsoft has been spreading some money around in order to level the playing field with ps4.

#228 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,036 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted July 29, 2013 - 02:49 PM

Some new tidbits here. A limit of 2,000 friends.

One thing I am glad that is returning is the changeable hard drive!

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, July 29, 2013 - 02:50 PM.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#229 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,286 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 05:59 PM

I understand your concerns about KZ, I was the same way and actually never played it until a few months ago when I was over my friends house who had a PS3. I was never one for games with lasers or plasma guns (reason I never could get into Halo) but online the game seemed very close to a regular old fashion FPS. There were of course some futuristic things bots and what not but that exist in BF as well. However, I was quite surprised when the majority of the action was just with assault weapons and basically normal guns. I would say you should give it a look when you get a chance it was pretty fun online.

I know what you mean BF4 is the only game I pre ordered because other than that the only other game I will probably get at launch is 2k. I hate picking up a lot of games at the same time because I always feel rushed to beat one and get to the other. I hate jumping around from game to game as well. I know BF4 will be my online game that will eat up hours at a time, while 2k is more to play with my friends and make a Lakers association of course.

Even though I made my choice of PS4 already it seems as if the internet has disapproved of my choice this time. Every site I go on I run into an article comparing the one and ps4 and all of them have apparently changed their mind that the computing power of the ps4 over the one is no big difference and that the one has a better opening day line up. I do agree of the one having a better first day line up (just because of ryse love games based in that period and it looked hella fun) However, a lot of the writers of those articles must be stupid, unless it is just me I think the ps4 is clearly the more powerful machine. I just read one that said the ps4 is gonna required 3.5 gigs of its ram to run its OS and the one only needs 3. I was like so? 4.5 gigs of DDR5 ram still blows 5 gigs of ddr3 ram out of the water. On top of that the PS4 just has more raw computing power. With some of the recent articles I read I feel as if Microsoft has been spreading some money around in order to level the playing field with ps4.

Yeah, I read on some tech websites how the PS4 OS is going to take up 3.5 GB of the DDR5 memory. Idc really, not a big deal for me. 

The PS4 will be a beast gaming console with a bigger focus on gaming, where as the One will be more of an entertainment center with focus in other areas as well.

Ryse looked amazing from the E3 gameplay I saw. just didn't like the quick time aspect of it. I don't like games telling me to press X now, then press O. With a game like that, i'd like more of a hack and slash at will approach,

#230 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:15 AM

Yeah, I read on some tech websites how the PS4 OS is going to take up 3.5 GB of the DDR5 memory. Idc really, not a big deal for me. 

The PS4 will be a beast gaming console with a bigger focus on gaming, where as the One will be more of an entertainment center with focus in other areas as well.

Ryse looked amazing from the E3 gameplay I saw. just didn't like the quick time aspect of it. I don't like games telling me to press X now, then press O. With a game like that, i'd like more of a hack and slash at will approach,

Yea, I think the websites though are trying to make it sounds as if because of this the ps4 really isnt a the better computing machine because of this, which just isnt true. Even with a chunk of its ram being used for the OS it still holds more power under the hood and games will look better on it than the one.

#231 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 31, 2013 - 03:43 AM

Some new tidbits here. A limit of 2,000 friends.

One thing I am glad that is returning is the changeable hard drive!

2000!!!

as in

TWO

THOUSAND!!!!

that's a lot more then the 100 on XBL

#232 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,020 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:21 AM

2000!!!

as in

TWO

THOUSAND!!!!

that's a lot more then the 100 on XBL

True, I believe the one is only gonna have a 1000 so PS4 wins again lol

#233 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 15, 2013 - 08:23 AM

Who has 2000 friends anyway? Do you even know 2000 people? Its like the same thing when people have 300 friends on facebook and they only keep in touch with 5 of them the most.  

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#234 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,036 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 02:28 PM

Who has 2000 friends anyway? Do you even know 2000 people? Its like the same thing when people have 300 friends on facebook and they only keep in touch with 5 of them the most.

This probably for YouTubers playing "Call of Duty" and have a big subscribing fan base. This is pretty much give them a better friend:subscriber ratio.

A 2,000 friends list doesn't really do anything for the average joe who only has approximately 10-12 friends and a select few of random people they met online.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, August 15, 2013 - 02:30 PM.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

#235 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,380 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 16, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Picked up a playstation plus year membership for 35$ for the switch over. Thinking of getting CoD once again. Something about B4 is putting me off. Really wish GTA was coming to this. I have the feeling it will brick my PS3.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#236 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,036 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 03:05 PM

http://www.forbes.co...g-news-for-ps4/

Sony makes a deal with Viacom.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, August 16, 2013 - 03:06 PM.

"You watch anime?"

#237 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,286 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 05:03 PM

Picked up a playstation plus year membership for 35$ for the switch over. Thinking of getting CoD once again. Something about B4 is putting me off. Really wish GTA was coming to this. I have the feeling it will brick my PS3.

Do you mean Battlefield 4? What is it about it that's bothering you? 

It's looking like an amazing game from the pre-alpha footage i've seen. Looks much smoother with improved physics and mechanics due to the new Frostbite 3 engine. It'll be a beautiful looking game imo like BF3 was.

From the CoD Ghosts online footage i've seen, I didn't see a big enough improvement over the last couple CoD installments. Looks too similar. Final product should be better but i'm done with the CoD franchise. Battlefield has won me over. 

#238 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,083 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2013 - 08:08 PM

Final product should be better but i'm done with the CoD franchise. Battlefield has won me over.

This. I stopped playing after MW3. They just keep re-hashing the game with new guns... it is old.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#239 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,286 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 08:40 PM

This. I stopped playing after MW3. They just keep re-hashing the game with new guns... it is old.

They've recycled the same engine a few games in a row now, just slightly "modified" it for each new installment. They've milked the [expletive] out of the franchise for like 3-4 years now, coming out with a "new" game that looks like DLC from the previous game. After Modern Warfare and possibly Modern Warfare 2 they stopped innovating. 

Been a while since I stopped playing COD regularly(about a year after Black Ops) and I don't plan on going back anytime soon. The few times i've played it since(the BF3 release) I get frustrated. Game play feels sluggish. Best way I can describe it. It just feels clunky. From the running around for 2 seconds(because this "elite" soldier gets tired right after) to the gun play. Too basic.

But of course, the Apple iPhone of the video game world will sell millions and millions of copies and generate stupid amounts of money for Activision.

DICE with their Frostbite 2 engine and upcoming Frostbite 3 engine has spoiled me. Best FPS IMHO. It's a shame I didn't start playing it years ago starting with Bad Company 1 and 2.

The campaign footage for Ghosts looked solid though. I'll give them that. I was more impressed by that than the multiplayer video they released this week.

#240 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,083 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2013 - 09:31 PM

The one thing that has bugged me about most FPS games are the magazines.

Let's say you have 90 rounds, the gun can shoot 30 before you need to reload.

You can fire one shot, reload, and the character inserts a completely new magazine and it takes off -1 from your ammo.

You can fire one shot, reload, and the character inserts a completely new magazine and it takes off -1 from your ammo.

You can do this 90 times, putting 90 mags through your firearm. This is not realistic at all. I understand there has to be a tradeoff to keep the gameplay interesting, but I wish a developer would figure out a way to combat this and make it more realistic in this fashion.

My solution: if you fire off 1 round and re-load a completely new magazine, you lose all the other ammo from that other magazine, so -30, not -1. If you wish to re-fill a magazine, you should be able to find a spot to hideout and put the bullets in the magazine (1 bullet per second)

Edited by -Wade-, August 16, 2013 - 09:33 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users