• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,391 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:46 AM

Console gamers frustrated that their Xbox isn’t holding up well compared to high-end gaming PCs can relax a bit, because it looks like the next-generation Xbox is going to be a monster. It seems that website VGleaks has gotten ahold of leaked specifications for the Xbox 720, which it says will include an 8-core 1.6GHz processor, 8GB of RAM, an 800MHz graphics processor, a 50GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive, and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. The leaked specifications are in line with previous rumors that also gave the next-generation Xbox an 8-core processor and 8GB of RAM, so there’s nothing overly surprising about VGleaks‘ report. The Xbox 720 will likely be announced at the E3 gaming convention this June and will be released in the fall.

http://news.yahoo.co...-164025902.html

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,822 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:02 PM

Makes sense since the only knock on console gaming at this point is that comp gaming blows it out of the water just for sheer process power and looks. Wonder how much this is gonna cost though. I read somewhere that its gonna be around 350 I think that is way too cheap if you ask me. I think closer to 500 is what we are looking at here. Gonna get this of course, but probably a few months after launch just because these things are hard as hell to get when they launch.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,921 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 22, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Won't be able to afford it anyway, but I'll be curious to see how the support for the 360 holds up, and how long.

#4 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 02:40 AM

Computers evolve faster than gaming consoles, It will hold for some time, same as always. And it will probably be very expensive
Posted Image

#5 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,163 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted February 06, 2013 - 03:03 PM

New Xbox requires an always-on connection to block used games, says report

With just two weeks to go until we "see the future" of PlayStation, we're starting to hear more details on the future of Xbox. Edge magazine reports that Microsoft's new console will require an internet connection with activation codes for games on 50GB-capacity Blu-ray discs. Citing sources with "first-hand experience" of the new Xbox console, Edge says it's likely that purchased games will not be able to be resold.
We've heard rumors about Microsoft's Blu-ray plans and an anti-used-game system before, but an activation system coupled with an online requirement sounds like a key way to prevent piracy for the next-generation of console games. If Microsoft locks out the second-hand market for its next Xbox console then that will not sit well with a number of gamers, so we'd hope that Microsoft has plans to support game sharing somehow.
Edge also backs up previous rumors that an AMD CPU will power the next Xbox, but doesn't shed light on any further specifications. Microsoft is widely expected to fully detail its next-generation Xbox at E3 in the summer, with a release date later this year.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/3958672/new-xbox-always-online-game-activation-codes-rumor

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#6 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,602 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 06, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Microsoft will alienate its users if it does that^

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#7 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,384 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted February 06, 2013 - 05:01 PM

blocking used games? thats a deal breaker for me
that should be ilegal...
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#8 K. Dot

K. Dot

Spark & Fly

• 3,712 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted February 06, 2013 - 05:06 PM

That's straight bull[expletive] wtf.

#9 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted February 06, 2013 - 05:18 PM

Lol those specs are weak.

Posted Image

#10 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,602 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 06, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Bad business for Microsoft.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#11 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,568 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted February 17, 2013 - 04:03 AM

if you cannot play used games, no way i would get this....

that means you could not take your game over to your friend house, and play it there... so lame..
i hope Microsoft does this, and it ruins them..

#12 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 17, 2013 - 08:00 AM

I ain't buying it if I can't play used games.

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,822 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:34 AM

as far as the specs go I feel that the new 360 is trying to become the center of your entertainment system with the extra ram having it being able to have a lot of different apps running. Also with the rumor that new kinect will be packaged with it hints at this as well. On top of all this they seem to be saving some money on the processing power so it can add kinect in and have it priced the same as the new play station. I am not too happy with microsoft going this route since I buy my gaming system for one reason, gaming not to use a bunch of apps on it. Play station on the other the hand seems to have beefer specs making the console alone more money, but trying to make it purely strong gaming console, which is what a next gen console should be IMO.

The thing about these specs though is that it would lead you to believe that maybe games will seem inferior on one cosole to another, but that just doesnt seem to be the case to me. Hardware is indeed very important, but maxiimazing the hardware is the biggest task. For example you can play skyrim on an orginal release xbox and it would look just as stunning as it does on a brand new 360. This has nothing to do with the hardware, but that as the years go on game developers learn how to get the most out of these machines, and this is something that normally takes a few years. Of course the ceilings will be higher with better specs, but gaming software is just as important if not more important to get the best out of game.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#14 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,893 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 09:16 PM

I don't buy used games so idc... but still.. thats gonna be lame if they do that.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#15 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,384 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted February 24, 2013 - 12:12 PM

if someone buy something like a book, game, movie you own that, should be ilegal to do this kind of things
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#16 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,565 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 05, 2013 - 12:24 AM

And what would that do for people who use Netflix or Gamefly? It would basically sink Gamefly I would think, all those rental companies would take a hit. They can't block used games, that's totally impractical.

#17 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 778 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Assuming the new console games are more expensive than the 360 games. Basically they will be future paper weights or just another display on your shelf after you finish the game as you cannot sell it. BS.

#18 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,527 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:08 PM

I'm a huge 360 fan, like it a lot more than the PS3, especially the online. 

If they don't allow me to play used games, I will not buy the 720. I don't care how much I liked the 360 and original Xbox. That's a terrible idea and if they're smart they won't do it. I already know a ton of people who won't buy it if they pull this idiocy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users