• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,618 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 21, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Kobe's age really shows this season. He started the season shooting what? 90 percent from the free throw line and 54 percent from the field? That was without Nash. With Nash, he should be getting even better looks. We're seeing an exhausted Kobe, sadly, midway through the season. His shot selection has been bogus, and his defense is subpar.

At the end of the day, no one player, coach, GM, play style, ref, matchup, or opponent can be blamed for our struggles. It's a mix up of all of these and fixing only one won't be any sort of permanent fix. We need to get younger. We need players who hustle. We need a defensive minded (not Mike Brown, an actual effective) coach or assistant coach. We need to slow down the tempo and be a defensive powerhouse. We didn't get Dwight to be an offensive team, I can promise you that.

#22 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:37 AM

20 footers with a guy in your face make great highlight clips and take little energy to launch. Now a full court break and drive to the basket--that takes energy and your teamates might get a put back.

The guy is two years from retirement, playing 40 minutes plus, and being asked to be the defensive super star. If you've ever played basketball, it takes about 50% more energy to play defense, than offense. The guy is tired.

But thats no excuse--he knows he's tired--and he knows if he is tired, his shot will suffer. So perhaps Kobe should concentrate on getting others off the bench to be involved the play, rather than going it alone. Thats what leaders do--understand the limitations of the game and adapt and delegate.

I do appreciate that Kobe is a man, and man-upped putting the loss on him. But I disagree.

Defense remains the issue--Pao had no blocks and darn few rebounds, Nash looked lost, and Artest looked like he was half asleep out there. 5-10 defensive stops, and the Lakers would have won the game.

Edited by Scooter123, January 21, 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#23 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,107 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 10:54 AM

As long as we have Nash as PG and Pau is our starting PF we will struggle defensively, and Kobe will struggle to find the balance between. D'Antoni chose the easy way by giving Kobe the task to defend the opponent's best perimeter player. That's not the defensive scheme this team should adapt to eliminate the woes. This is not about concentration or other things that we can give as excuses. We have a serious problem. We simply don't have the personnel to play 2-way basketball. Only 2.5 guys can do it in starting lineup. Kobe, Dwight and Artest half assedly. If you look at top teams, they can do it or find a way to it in a game effectively. Whole Princeton, 7 seconds or less etc. arguments did nothing but hide the real problem we had: Defense. You see why Clark and Hill get appreciated by the fans. They try to play in both ends of the floor with giving everything they got. We need guys like them in 1 and 4 positions. Not Nash or Pau.

#24 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:10 AM

Not really. If you give up 108 points when you play a terrible team, blame everyone not only our best player.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#25 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Glad he's taking responsibility, but some of you guys need to get off his nuts about him needing to take shots for us to be in games. It's the opposite - We need better quality, more efficient shots - Nash needs to make more decisions, the bigs need to be fed about 3 times as much as they are currently, and Kobe needs to take good shots in the flow of the offense.

#26 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:30 PM

Durant shot 13/31 and got 21 free throws. James Harden 5/20 today he gets 21 free throws. Kobe cant even buy a trip to Free Throw line

Here are some recent bad shooting games from Harden and yet this mofo gets the respect and calls. Look at the boatload of free throw attempts. For the year Harden shoots 43% from the field, well below Kobe territory and yet he gets 10 free throw attempts a game

http://sports.yahoo....rs/4563/gamelog

Edited by MDI, January 21, 2013 - 02:32 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#27 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:40 PM

Kobe's just saying "It's my team, blame me."

Even he knows like the rest of that it's a collection of things.

#28 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 21, 2013 - 03:21 PM

Kobe had a bad game..

so did the whole team.

they played like they didn't want to be in Canada.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#29 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,710 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 21, 2013 - 03:45 PM

Atleast he knows. Now just move on and get the W.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#30 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted January 21, 2013 - 04:58 PM

Agree with Kobe, Lakers should blame this game to him, not because he takes too many shot it because he miss a lot of shot.

33bkfif.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users