33 replies to this topic

#21 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:12 PM

The Celtics were never planning to trade Rondo for Pau. That got blown out of proportion when Pincus wrote an article when Mitch said something about a 25 year old all star PG, and all the article said was there's only one player who fits that description, Rondo. Then a bunch of "sources" turned that into Pau-Rondo rumors. Ainge literally laughed it off when asked about it. Since then Pau's only gotten worse while Rondo has tremendous upside, he dropped over 40 points against the Heat in the playoffs after all. There's no way Boston trades him for anything less than a package around an all-star, at the very least. I assume the Lakers aren't willing to trade Kobe or Howard for Rondo, so no deal.

Edited by bfc1125roy, January 20, 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#22 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:19 AM

My trade they get great pg and great big man throw in draft picks

Boston and rondo have had strained relations for awhile.

I would trade dwight for rondo

#23 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm gonna guarantee now if lakers don't pick up Jennings future star

Then we will one day have rondo as r star player

#24 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 11:23 AM

I also guarantee Kevin love will be a laker

#25 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:50 PM

Looking for a quick fix or truly building for the future? Those are two different concepts and your ideas appear to be geared toward the former. Now swapping some veterans for some picks and young players, that's building for the future.

#26 marbleman

marbleman

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Walter Ordjonikidze
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 25, 2013 - 10:01 AM

With the current situation of the Lakers, Dwigh will most likely leave after the season.Yes. He likes the media attention here and to be on the spotlights all the time, but he also wants to win a title or two.His chances in L.A. are next to zero.So trading him before the deadline will work for both sides.
I would love to see a trade with Minnesota for K.Love, who is a local guy, from Santa Monica and another local, from La Jolla, CA - Chase Budinger, plus first round pic, but Kevin has a broken right hand and that will never heal. The injury has just recently agrivated and he will miss a lots of games this season.That is too unfortunate for us, because K.Love stats this season are 18.3 ppg and 14.0 rpg.Both, better numbers than Dw.Howard's.
Since the Brooklyn Nets renew their interest to trade for Dwight, I think that can happen very soon.They don't need to find a third team.Straigh deal involving 24 y.o.Brook Lopez and first round pic can work.He is 7'0" center from North Hollywood and has an average of 18.6 ppg - 7.4 rpg - 2.1 bpg.He makes $ 13.6 mil. this season and has contract for three more years after that.Brook Lopez is the best thing, we can get for Howard at this moment and M.Kupchak should not miss this opportunity. Aquiring one or two first round pics is very important for the future of this team, since Phoenix Suns will have our pic this year from St.Nash trade.

#27 marbleman

marbleman

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Walter Ordjonikidze

Posted January 25, 2013 - 10:37 AM

I will trade Steve Nash for Brandon Jennings from Milwaukee without any second guess, but I doubt the Bucks would do that.Jose Calderon from Toronto is another better PG than Nash and at 31, he has at least 3 more years of quality NBA career.Nash first choice this summer was to go back to his native Canada and that kind of a trade can fullfil his wish.
Pau Gasol has to be traded too.Though, it won't be that easy. The best case scenario for him is to be shipped to Mineapolis for PF/SF Derrick Williams, Pg J.J.Barea and SF A.Kiririlenko.All three of them makes exactly $ 19.0 mil and that is Gasol's salary for this year.Minnesota wants to get Gasol, so he can team up with his compatriot Ricky Rubio. Their center Pekovic is not what they need from a big man.Kevin Love has broken hand and will be out for month or two.Gasol will be the best fit to their team. In the other hands, the Lakers will get a solid starter and defender at SF, better back-up for Jennings or Calderon and young and athletic combo forward, who can split the time with Earl Clark at PF.
Assuming, that Dw.Howard will be traded to Brooklyn in the next few weeks and we will get Brook Lopez from them, our lineup will looks like this:

PG Br.Jennings ( J.J.Barea) D.Morris
SG K. Bryant ( J.Meeks )
SF A.Kirilenko ( M W P ) D.Ebanks
PF Earl Clark (D.Williams)
C Brook Lopez (Jordan Hill) R.Sacre

Ch.Duhon, St.Blake and A.Jamison has to be traded for second round pick or a box of candy bars.And of course, coach D'Antoni has to be replaced with Bernie Bikerstaff.What do you think Lakers fellas?

#28 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,471 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 26, 2013 - 07:24 AM

Nothing will happen until we know how whether we will make the playoffs - at this point a 4-5 game losing streak with Houston, Dallas and Portland winning a couple basically ends it. If that happens, i think we'll see the Lakers make some moves. I dont think they will risk losing Dwight for nothing.

#29 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 29, 2013 - 04:12 PM

^ They will risk losing him for nothing. And, what if ... he decides to leave? Ever thought it could be a blessing in disguise? Committing max $/ max length contract to the guy right now looks like a shaky proposition to me. Having Kobe as the only viable star on the team is less scary than being financially hamstrung because of Dwight's contract if he cannot produce.

#30 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,471 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 31, 2013 - 10:56 PM

^ They will risk losing him for nothing. And, what if ... he decides to leave? Ever thought it could be a blessing in disguise? Committing max $/ max length contract to the guy right now looks like a shaky proposition to me. Having Kobe as the only viable star on the team is less scary than being financially hamstrung because of Dwight's contract if he cannot produce.

Dwight leaving for nothing - a blessing in disguise? Are you kidding?
If he looks shaky, then wouldn't it be better to move him for someone who doesn't look shaky? Like Al Horford, who is on a very affordable deal. Kobe can't get it done with only Pau and Nash.

#31 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,375 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 19, 2013 - 04:30 AM

I think Nash would accept whatever role he is given. He knows his role now, he's there to be a facilitater and run the offense. You can tell he wants to score sometimes but at this point in his career I think he is all about the success of the team not his individual stats.

I think Nash has more of an ego than you think

#32 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,346 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted February 20, 2013 - 01:34 AM

Don't question me I listen to multiple podcast and check trade rumors all the time

That made me laugh so loud the dogs barked...
I might make that my sig...
Hilarious...

Thank you sir!

#33 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 20, 2013 - 05:04 PM

http://m.bleacherrep...take-trading-pg

A little older if they can get a good pg like Teague and a big man they would be better

Don't question me I listen to multiple podcast and check trade rumors all the time I don't post unless I know my [expletive] and I know rondo is available look at my other post ford from Espn listed rondo in his top 10 to get traded by the trade deadline

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

#34 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,375 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 21, 2013 - 04:50 AM

OK. we made the playoffs; now what??  ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users