121 replies to this topic

#81 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,137 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:21 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#82 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:28 PM

What a load of BS. He put 4 hall of fame players together. 3 of them have underperformed due to injuries or whatever mental reason (Pau) Not his fault

Mitch will be one of the last people to leave the Lakers. He aint going nowhere

#83 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:48 PM

Bob Finnan should be on the hot seat for a poorly written piece.

#84 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 10:49 PM

I think the drafting needs to be better but theres only like 2-3 teams better than us in those things...Spurs, Rockets and OKC IMO..Mitch has a great relationship with Phil and Phil loves vets so Mitch got vets that could help you through the grind of the season that Phil wants (like in early 2000s we had slow oldass vets like Richmond, Salley, Horace Grant, Harper, etc remember??). The league has changed. Wee cant win with guys like that anymore. He built a team in 2011 adding vets like Barnes and Blake who should supposedly help our team but they couldn't come through, we had 2-3 all star caliber players but they Kobe was the only HOF level guy competing night in and night out and the other all stars weren't. This was a team put together for Phil and the CP3 veto and Gasol's decline has pretty much shackled our hands.

The way the league is moving right now has fundamentally changed how basketball used to be played...this is what D'Antoni evisioned a bunch of 3 point shooters and athletes multi diminesional guards and forwards with a PG running the show thats how the league is built now, the Lakers caught up to it a little too late and aren't really fully integrating themselves into that style either. Technically when the game slows down the team with the Bigs should have great success but Memphis and our own team has shown thats no longer the case.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#85 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,850 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:02 AM

Jerry made the final call for MDA. We went over this already.

Jerry Buss is dying .. He doesn't have power now, even at that time i really believe his(jerry) opinion was asked but decision was already made.

#86 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 21, 2013 - 12:39 AM

Not suprising if he is let go. Because 1 jerry isnt going to fire himself. Jim buss sure as hell isnt going anywhere that only leaves Mitch. But he would be the last person I would fire.
Posted Image

#87 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 21, 2013 - 01:38 AM

I think the drafting needs to be better but theres only like 2-3 teams better than us in those things...Spurs, Rockets and OKC IMO..Mitch has a great relationship with Phil and Phil loves vets so Mitch got vets that could help you through the grind of the season that Phil wants (like in early 2000s we had slow oldass vets like Richmond, Salley, Horace Grant, Harper, etc remember??). The league has changed. Wee cant win with guys like that anymore. He built a team in 2011 adding vets like Barnes and Blake who should supposedly help our team but they couldn't come through, we had 2-3 all star caliber players but they Kobe was the only HOF level guy competing night in and night out and the other all stars weren't. This was a team put together for Phil and the CP3 veto and Gasol's decline has pretty much shackled our hands.

The way the league is moving right now has fundamentally changed how basketball used to be played...this is what D'Antoni evisioned a bunch of 3 point shooters and athletes multi diminesional guards and forwards with a PG running the show thats how the league is built now, the Lakers caught up to it a little too late and aren't really fully integrating themselves into that style either. Technically when the game slows down the team with the Bigs should have great success but Memphis and our own team has shown thats no longer the case.

Young is good, but old can be better. The Mavs in 2011 played smart basketball and were able to stop a very athletic Heat team.

Right now the roster is mostly ok. D'Antoni just isn't using the personnel in a smart way, instead he's relying on a 39 year old Nash to run the offense like he did in the Sun's glory days. It just won't work.

#88 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,834 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 21, 2013 - 01:43 AM

something has to happen...

it has to be big

#89 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,320 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted January 21, 2013 - 01:50 AM

Oh man .. this nightmare season gets worse and worse. We need Mitch ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#90 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 389 posts
  • Name:Besnik
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 21, 2013 - 01:54 AM

SOOOO

We want to fire a dude that turned 2 1st round picks into Nash, and Bynum + picks for Howard. Also got 16 ppgplayer in Jamison, And a good spot up shooter in Meeks.

Go for it Lakers nation, these were all awful off season moves, I remember in the summer all you creaming your pants over the moves that Kupchak pulled saying this was our best off season ever, and now all of a sudden its Mitchs fault that we got a retard as a coach.

#91 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:15 AM

The front office's mistake is they changed course this off season and went the super team route instead of doing what they did that got us two titles a few seasons ago.

Obviously we thought having a super team was great but that wasn't the case looking back on it.

During our last two titles, Mitch did a good job of bringing in players that were young but serviceable players like Ariza, Brown, etc. This time around they went for it all because Kobe's age and they pissed away draft picks in the process.

In hindsight, the front office panicked and went all in for the present, not accounting for the future, all while not planning for injuries and other problems.

This isn't all on Mitch though. This is also on Jim Buss and Jerry Buss, who still signs off on decisions. Collectively our front office screwed up by not planning head. They rolled the dice on the present and lost.

We got shannon Brown in a trade probably centered around Adam Morrison and we got Shannon just to make the money even out to trade away rodmonovic

The Ariza Trade was more to get rid of some bad contracts not to bring him on as a contributor.. he didn't get any playing time until Luke Walton decided to give up his starting spot so let's not act like he brought him here because he saw potential in him..

Ariza and Brown are very much like Earl Clark players that were thrown around to make the trades work and pretty much looking to get them off the team...

I think that Kupchak is more lucky when we stumble upon a serviceable young player

I'm just throwing out the facts with the results I think we sometimes give Mitch too much credit than what he deserves...

#92 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:17 AM

SOOOO

We want to fire a dude that turned 2 1st round picks into Nash, and Bynum + picks for Howard. Also got 16 ppgplayer in Jamison, And a good spot up shooter in Meeks.

Go for it Lakers nation, these were all awful off season moves, I remember in the summer all you creaming your pants over the moves that Kupchak pulled saying this was our best off season ever, and now all of a sudden its Mitchs fault that we got a retard as a coach.

He took part in hiring Mike Brown and Dantoni and we had another second round exit and now we are a lottery team with no picks a little to no flexibility.

Great Job Mitch!!

#93 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:20 AM

Young is good, but old can be better. The Mavs in 2011 played smart basketball and were able to stop a very athletic Heat team.

Right now the roster is mostly ok. D'Antoni just isn't using the personnel in a smart way, instead he's relying on a 39 year old Nash to run the offense like he did in the Sun's glory days. It just won't work.

The only reason that mavs team won was because of Tyson Chandlers defensive presence and Shawn Marions defense..... the only defensive player on our team who can actually play it is Dwight...

#94 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:40 AM

SOOOO

We were jizzing all over these moves because we are fans. We look at stats, individual performances. We don't envision how team might look on the court. We can't. Front office doesn't have that luxury. They should look to improve this team in areas they lack . Gathering bunch of ball demanding players was not a smart decision, while this team gets much older and slow. Our competition for the last 3 years is OKC. Mitch & co. should have banked on moves to compete with them. And they are? Athleticism and speed. Not playmaking (Nash) , not bunch of shooters (Jamison, Meeks) I've said it at that time. This team needed a defensive minded PG like Chalmers. We didn't need someone like Nash. This team never had a pure PG for 14 years and we won 5 titles in that span. Why bring someone like Nash, now ? while giving up future draft picks? It was a mistake we'll look back at the end of the season and curse. I'll give Mitch credit for bringing Howard. That was the move that should have been done. And it did happen. Bynum was a cancer in the team and getting rid of him was a good move, while getting the best big in the league. However, Mitch & co. still did a mistake, not seeing the problem that our supposed length in frontcourt shouldn't have caused: Pau. It's over a year now we traded for CP3 and it got nixed. Pau should have been dealt this summer. Why do we still keep him? He's making tons of money and he's not even worth the quarter of it. Luxury of spending with the new TV deal caused them to act illogically. And the team is paying for it. They did not think about the basketball aspect when they gathered this team. Clearly, if they did this team and our record would look much different.

#95 ALL CAPS

ALL CAPS

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 21, 2013 - 02:55 AM

mitch should be the last person in the hot seat

#96 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 688 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted January 21, 2013 - 03:28 AM

I doubt he's on the hot seat, but who knows. I will say that this man almost made a CP3-Kobe backcourt a reality. I think it's safe to say we've been recovering from veto-gate ever since. We lost our reigning sixth man of the year to depression and candy, and Pau to himself. Can't really blame Mitch for trying to super-team Kobe and the Lakers to another title. Unfortunately, as WC said earlier, he gambled on a big 4 that didn't pan out.

Let's not forget that, in Laker land, "we're not planning on making moves" usually translates to "we're getting ready to rob another team, just sit tight, nation." Maybe that's this season. Maybe we wait till the summer. Who knows what happens behind closed doors.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#97 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 21, 2013 - 06:42 AM

The only reason that mavs team won was because of Tyson Chandlers defensive presence and Shawn Marions defense..... the only defensive player on our team who can actually play it is Dwight...

Don't forget that the hoop looked at big as the ocean to their shooters. Something that can't be said about this Laker team.

#98 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted January 21, 2013 - 07:25 AM

The only reason that mavs team won was because of Tyson Chandlers defensive presence and Shawn Marions defense.....

it was more than that:

Pau sucked (surprise surprise)

Dirk demolished Pau

Jason Terry

JJ Barea

Pau Gasol is GONE

#99 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 07:59 AM

Don't forget that the hoop looked at big as the ocean to their shooters. Something that can't be said about this Laker team.

The Mavericks always had great shooters but with that defense they were able to get over the hump

#100 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 09:03 AM

THat roster also had some prolific 3 point shooters and jumpshooters. We dont. You either gotta be super athletic or have deadly 3 point shooters, Miami has both now, so does OKC, San Antonio and Clippers (I think they're the weakest out of the elite bunch)

Thats why I was hoping towards our team collecting a bunch of 3 point shooters to support the Big 4 and keeping guys like Goudelock. The 3 ball is a very powerful weapon and you're never out of games. Our 2008 season comes to mind I don tthink we were good at all on Defense and Pau wasn't playing at HOF level but we still won games because of our 3 point shooting, Fisher, Radman, Farmar, Sasha, Kobe all shot the 3 ball well. We didnt have may athletes running up and down the floor but we spaced it well to open it up for the 3 ball

Edited by MDI, January 21, 2013 - 09:06 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users