#1 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,172 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted January 18, 2013 - 05:25 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=auzkka7

We all know Calderon can't play D but he's one of the best ball distributing point guards in the league with an above average mid-range jump shot. Alan Anderson is a very useful bench player at the SF position, decent defender and decent 3pt shooter. Bargnani is included because they want him gone, they take our garbage in Pau & company, it's only fair we take theirs. If Pau and Duhon don't work out for them, they'll be expiring the next season. Both teams eventually cut down on salary within the next 2 years.

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 19, 2013 - 10:09 PM

I think this deal have been proposed and declined by the Lakers, but it's probably still on the table for the taking.

The problem is Bargnani! He is simply too expensive for what he brings to the table, which is ZERO defense and a lot of offense for a center, so i think for the Lakers to even consider this deal, Toronto would have to sweeten it a lot - either by throwing in Amir Johnson or Ed Davis or replacing Calderon with Kyle Lowry. In addition, they should take on at least 1 contract (Duhon, Ebanks, Blake, ??)

The one thing that does intrigue me a bit is the fact that we have Dwight Howard, who can cover up a lot of the defensive shortcomings of Bargnani, who actually does fit nicely into the D'Antoni system.

#3 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 193 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:40 AM

Kyle Lowry instead of Calderon Lowry is one of the better defenders at pg, bargani,Barbosa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users