6 replies to this topic

#1 Armenian24

Armenian24

Rookie

• 123 posts
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Before the start of the season ALL of us expected this team to challenge the defending champs for the title, and we thought theyd have an easy road to the finals.

Remember these quotes that all of us said at one point, "OKC is not going to have an answer for D12 and Pau."
"There is no way Duncan is going to be able to gaurd Dwight for a whole series."

Fast forward to now where we have "moral victories" over losing to Miami by only 8 and hanging in the game until the end. Also, we have our coach praising a loss just because we made a late run only to lose by a few points.

This isnt what any of us expected, this isnt what the Lakers culture is all about and something really needs to be done!

I am getting restless from getting my hopes up everytime they play 2-3 good games against mediocore teams, then being exposed when they play an actual contender.

As a Laker fan of over 15 years all im asking/hoping is that something gets done because we cant keep hoping that things are going to change when in reality nobody is doing anything to change it.

#2 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:07 PM

There's two main problems right now. The first is that at the beginning of the year we thought we'd be running the Princeton, which makes better use of the players on our roster than D'Antoni system, which relies too much on Steve Nash to facilitate rather than shoot. We don't need to use the Princeton offense per say, but there are two superstars on this roster and the Lakers need to start playing more through them. Look what happened when Bernie coached. No exact system in place but even then they won a couple of games.

Defensively, I imagined there would be some sort of coordinator in place. D'Antoni never ended up hiring anyone and as a result even though we have one of the best defensive players to ever play we're not making use of him, and team's, like the Heat last night, are taking advantage of that big time.

At minimum, the offense needs to change so the Lakers can make the playoffs and go on a run.

Edited by bfc1125roy, January 18, 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#3 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:11 PM

First mistake was not amnestying either MWP or Blake. My vote would have been for Blake because we needed a back up PG or even a servicable PG. Second mistake hiring D Antoni. The guy plays no D and this team was not a good fit for him.
Posted Image

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,180 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:26 PM

It seems to me that the front office expected "fun" basketball which is why Mike D'Antoni was chosen over PJ (Fun > Winning).

Now, this situation isn't even fun.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:28 PM

That and Jim probably threw an FU to phil by cutting his time limmit even thought he was about to accept.
Posted Image

#6 Armenian24

Armenian24

Rookie

• 123 posts
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Honestly i was super excited when we got D'Antoni cause i thought the offense is going to explode, it hasnt. also, when reports came in that mcmillan was going to come in as a defensive coordinator i thought things would turn around really fast. Nothing has happened.

i think we should've amnestied Blake and tried to resign Sessions, it seems like right when we traded for Nash the FO just basically cut off all talks with his agent.

#7 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 18, 2013 - 03:09 PM

I expected much more from this team even with MB at the start of the season then stuff happened and mistake after mistake kept occurring.

We are in a deep hole and my last bit of hope rests with how we have been playing in this "new season" sure we made some mistakes that ultimately cost us the game vs Miami but we are trying to get better and you don't get better by beating the best teams to start, we have to focus on beating the average teams first and then we'll worry about the really good teams.

This is it though if we go back to losing we will be out of the playoff picture for sure, we now have what should be a winnable week coming up, the tougher teams will be Chicago and Memphis but we should able to beat both. For the rest of the month we should only lose to OKC and if we do that then that will have to be due to improvement let's just hope we do improve and get better.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users