• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 18, 2013 - 09:06 AM

Well if the Earl Clack honeymoon wears off — which yesterday's 6 pt, 7 board, 3 TO performance might be hinting — then Pau might force his way back into the starting lineup.

#22 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,689 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 18, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Regardless os pau's probable or not, we are not winning anything.
And I do believe he should come off the bench.
Posted Image

#23 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:11 PM

If he doesn't want to come off the bench the maybe he can start for another team

#24 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:50 PM

[expletive]ing Pau.

Can't wait until he's traded.

#25 trillionaire

trillionaire

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:15 PM

Man pau ain't goin no where! Jim buss might not tell US that he's concerned about d12 leavin but he is. If we trade gasol n Howard doesn't sign an extension we will be up shiits creek with no paddle. So if he does get traded I don't think it'll be until we see d12 is gonna do

#26 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:19 PM

What pisses me off about Pau is he doesn't seem to think he is playing like [expletive]. For someone with a supposed high IQ you would think he would see that in the teams best interest he needs to come off the bench. Until he can actually play some D which is probably never that's the best spot for him. His ego seems to tell him he's a starter on this team. The fact is we have to many defensive liabilities on our team so it's not all Paus fault. However I don't think his offensive output and passing outweigh his defensive inefficiency. He can still be a starter but not on this team. He needs to be in a team that has great team defense and good individual defenders who can somewhat cover up his weak D.

#27 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,692 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 18, 2013 - 03:40 PM

trade pau for d will and peko. bring peko off the bench

#28 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,818 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 18, 2013 - 03:54 PM

http://www.insidesoc...come-off-bench/

Interesting quote:

“My job is to put the best team on the floor,” D’Antoni said. “If I feel that’s the best way to go, I’ll go that way. If I don’t, then it’s nothing personal. I have to do what I think is right. I think every player has to accept that, whether they like it or not. Does he deserve to start? Yeah he does. He’s been here a long time and that will probably happen. If it doesn’t, you got go on. You got to contribute. You have teammates to think about. You have the Lakers to think about. You have to do whatever you think is best for the Lakers. Whether you agree or not, that’s something else.”

So maybe it will happen after all.
Impossible is nothing.

#29 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 04:10 PM

Do I want him on the Lakers anymore?

Probably not.

bahahah
Laker fan for life.

#30 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,654 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ugh I can't stand this mutha[expletive]a!

MMiRi9s.png

#31 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 18, 2013 - 04:15 PM

Well if the Earl Clack honeymoon wears off — which yesterday's 6 pt, 7 board, 3 TO performance might be hinting — then Pau might force his way back into the starting lineup.

earl hit two threes last night; dont think Antoni didnt love that. 22 mins, 7 rebounds, thats the type of player he is! he has the potential to go and get alot of boards; and he protects the rim GREAT...
Pau's worn out body needs his minutes cut; the less minutes the more effective he will be,and we really need him to lead the 2nd unit..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#32 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 18, 2013 - 04:27 PM

You see from MDAs comments that he prefers Pau on the bench. He sees how better Clark fits his system. I hope he has the balls to keep Pau on the bench. [expletive] what Pau wants, it's whats better for the team that matters. Pau has already been benched before because as MDA put it he actually wants to try to win the game. If Pau
don't like it well trade him. He seems to be acting like he's still a big time player on this team. His play and his numbers suggest otherwise.

#33 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s

Posted January 18, 2013 - 04:33 PM

lol @ Pau's "probably not"... Already looks like it's going like Bynum's "kinda easy" last year

#34 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted January 18, 2013 - 05:00 PM

We're never going to win a championship with Earl Clark as our starting 4. We need to find a way to start Pau alongside Dwight and make it work. It's the only way we can compete at a high level. Our strengths on this team is our size and post play.

Whether Pau keeps playing horrible or steps it up is debatable - but unless we trade him, we have to try to make it work.

#35 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 05:03 PM

We're never going to win a championship with Earl Clark as our starting 4. We need to find a way to start Pau alongside Dwight and make it work. It's the only way we can compete at a high level. Our strengths on this team is our size and post play.

Whether Pau keeps playing horrible or steps it up is debatable - but unless we trade him, we have to try to make it work.

dude. Pau's size adv isnt fricking effective. Earl contests more shots at the rim, Earl goes and gets rebounds - screw big names!!

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 05:06 PM

Do or do not, there is no try.

yo.

#37 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 18, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Don't know why Pau should be open to coming off the bench. Why should he sacrifice for a clearly inferior player in Clark?

He shouldn't. Asking Pau to do that is just an insult to him imo.
htCCl0m.png

#38 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 18, 2013 - 05:22 PM

Don't know why Pau should be open to coming off the bench. Why should he sacrifice for a clearly inferior player in Clark?

He shouldn't. Asking Pau to do that is just an insult to him imo.

Because it's for the good of the team.

Pau Gasol's lack of effort on the floor is an insult to this team.

#39 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 18, 2013 - 05:27 PM

Because it's for the good of the team.

Pau Gasol's lack of effort on the floor is an insult to this team.

How is it good for the team?

Pau is a much better player than Clark. I don't see how that helps us.
htCCl0m.png

#40 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 05:28 PM

How is it good for the team?

Pau is a much better player than Clark. I don't see how that helps us.

Clark is the perfect PF role player for our first unit. of course Pau is the better player.
-this team needs defense - Clark protects the rim better./guards active PFs better(league trend)/guards PnR better(league trend)
-Clark goes and gets rebounds
-Clark runs the floor/cuts for Nash,so the offense wont be stagnant.
-and Antoni also likes Earl because he can stretch the floor

Pau is better suited for the 2nd unit, becuase hes a post player, and Antoni cant get two post players post touches.
Ginobli comes off the bench, Harden last year,,,basketball is about 5 guys meshing;not just the 5 best players on your team playing together and not working well together.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users