#61 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2013 - 10:27 AM

I was thinking of 66-67 wins :rofl: Ron was talking about breaking Bulls' record :laughing:

Oh boy.. what a season it has been.

However, if we somehow upset the Spurs and we force a Game 6-7 against the Nuggets, this season would end nicely. 

Edited by Nak, April 16, 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#62 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,315 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 16, 2013 - 01:59 PM

I was thinking 60+ wins at the season start, then hoping for 40 during the January dark days.  45 and a playoff spot would be a nice finish given where we were.

Debbie Downer

#63 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 93 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2013 - 02:17 PM

I meant no disrespect to fido on the quote. Meant it playfully. By bringing this up before we actually get win 45 I hope I didn't jinx us. If so, I'll understand if you ban me. Seriously.

hey 

• 40,549 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 02:18 PM

^ :laughing:

Nice recovery. I think Joe Pesci himself would call you a wise guy.

yo.

#65 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,871 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 16, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Majesty you were gloating after the win versus San Antonio the other night in the "Gameday" forum.

Gotta pick a side here.

Wrong, right, doesn't matter to me, I said what I said at the time because that's what I believed.  I'll stand by it every time.  I love that so many of you seemingly live to prove others wrong when so few of the posters are brave enough to post a specific number.  I hear "we'll make the playoffs", that's it.  I gave a number I thought was realistic at that point and I have no problem sticking by it.  I was off, fine, glad I was.

I told everyone a thousand times that I would love to be proven wrong in this case.  Apparently those side comments go unnoticed or unrecognized in favor of jumping on someone when they offer a prediction.  I still stand by the fact that this team is a major disappointment, that fact won't waiver.

Around December I was saying ti would take around 46 wins to make the playoffs, everyone freaked out on me claiming "where do you get that number" and "you don't know what you're talking about".  But that goes by the wayside.  That's cool with me because honestly I'm secure in the fact that I've watched way too much basketball and far too much of a realist top blindly support a team when they're not giving their all.

These last few games, the team has been giving it all they've got.  What I've griped about is where has that been all year?  Where has this sense of "we must win at all costs" and going onto the court to do business been?  I've said it time and time again - I'm tolerant of losing if losses come at the price of leaving everything on the court every second of every game.

If you think this team has done that this year, then I have no idea who you've been watching.

Right now, the Lakers are still one win away from creeping into the playoffs at the last possible moment.  I'm not amazed by this, I'm not excited by this and I'm certainly not going to go back on my opinion of this team as it stands under this terrible, terrible coaching regime.

Being a fan doesn't mean being blinds to reality.  It doesn't mean ignoring the facts that go along with a below par team in favor of smiling your way to a lower seed in the playoffs.  I've never gone anywhere this season.  I've said plenty of things against this team this year because they've been solidly deserved.  When they play up to the level they should be at (injuries aside), then I praise them.

But I'm certainly NEVER going to be the type of fan that just turns the other way when something that affects the legacy, present and the future of this franchise is happening.

#66 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 16, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Majesty you were gloating after the win versus San Antonio the other night in the "Gameday" forum.

Gotta pick a side here.

Oh yes, I gloat the victory :)    Because we match up so well against the Spurs even without all our stars which is why I felt we'd win it, but I watched people doubting and saying we were "done" in our next 2 games without Kobe when the Spurs struggled to beat us all year even when we didn't have Gasol or Dwight.   So that's why I gloat that win :)

But as I have said numerous times.  

I don't want us going into the playoffs on a loss.

How many times have I said we need to be on a roll? 

Basically I don't want to enter the playoffs off of a loss. 

Like I said, even if Utah loses, I don't care.  I want us to beat Houston and enter the playoffs on a win. 

That's how I want the season to end :)   

Why?

Because even if Utah loses, if we go out there and lay an egg against Houston because we ease up, then It isn't a good sign for how far we'll go.

I don't want this team to "exhale" if they make the playoffs, if you get me.

Don't fight this hard to MAKE the playoffs and then take a breath when it's done as if you accomplished what you needed to.  IF that happens we'll let down in the first round.  It has more to do with where I want this team to mentally be when they enter the playoffs.

"exhaling" is not where.   If you know what I mean.

Edited by Majesty, April 16, 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users