#41 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted January 20, 2013 - 01:23 PM

As long as there are games to be played, its 100% possible, the chances become slimmer when you play like we are playing. Not a fan of the attitude we have right now, I think thats key

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#42 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 20, 2013 - 01:24 PM

thanks!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#43 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,050 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 20, 2013 - 01:25 PM

^Sounds like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber ... "so you're telling me there's a chance".

Debbie Downer

#44 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 20, 2013 - 02:02 PM

???

When will reality hit laker fans...

#45 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 92 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2013 - 10:27 PM

If we continue to play as we are now our record will end at 45-37.

I posted this when we were 17-22. Tomorrow we can wrap-up at 45-37 and get a first round match-up that avoids OKC. I know we don't have Kobe, Nash is falling apart, and everyone hates our Coach... but if nothing else, making the playoffs and realizing this turnaround despite all the turmoil and injuries is pretty impressive. And if Dwight is able to dominate San Antonio if we make it in and feel what it's like to be the man in LA, I think the guy sticks around.

Not in yours or the Lakers wildest dreams. If this team gets 40, I'll be amazed.

This team will finish with around 35 wins.

Are you amazed?

hey 

#46 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted April 15, 2013 - 10:40 PM

I posted this when we were 17-22. Tomorrow we can wrap-up at 45-37 and get a first round match-up that avoids OKC. I know we don't have Kobe, Nash is falling apart, and everyone hates our Coach... but if nothing else, making the playoffs and realizing this turnaround despite all the turmoil and injuries is pretty impressive. And if Dwight is able to dominate San Antonio if we make it in and feel what it's like to be the man in LA, I think the guy sticks around.

Are you amazed?

Not bad. And yes, with a Houston loss tonight, the Lakers can get a 7th seed (ideally) by beating Houston and if Golden State wins I believe. A 6th seed wouldn't be good, as it will probably draw the Clippers/Nuggets, or Grizzlies which can be better, but will go to 7 exhausting games.

#47 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,588 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted April 15, 2013 - 10:42 PM

^ Good call, really hope we win. Such a huge game. Either the 7th seed and avoided the Thunder, or possibly missing the playoffs altogether. Hollywood drama.

I still don't like our odds against SAS, but maybe Dwight and Pau can step up, hopefully Nash will be healthier, and guys like Meeks and Blake and Clark and Metta HAVE to make open shots. If everything goes right, they can give themselves a slim chance at upsetting the Spurs. Very slim, but still a chance. #WinItForMamba

#48 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,301 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 15, 2013 - 10:43 PM

Not bad. And yes, with a Houston loss tonight, the Lakers can get a 7th seed (ideally) by beating Houston and if Golden State wins I believe. A 6th seed wouldn't be good, as it will probably draw the Clippers/Nuggets, or Grizzlies which can be better, but will go to 7 exhausting games.

All we'll have to do basically is beat Houston.

of course whenever you say "All we have to do is" with the Lakers, it's never that simple =p

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 10:44 PM

Are you amazed?

Damn, you gonna' blast a MOD like that? Good luck bro'.

yo.

#50 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,607 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Gotta give wvlaker credit. That was a pretty good call on what our record would be and reading your post on page 2 about how the season is always evolving was neat too.

It's very easy to get lost in the moment, especially when you're not doing well.

#51 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted April 15, 2013 - 11:56 PM

The team was 17-22 when Fido made his prediction, with 43 games left (January 18th).

He basically gave them an 18-25 finish to the season, at that point.

Hard to say that's a stretch, because I doubt any of us would have guessed that Kobe Bryant would have to play 40+ minutes a night just to get us into the playoffs.

It was also around the time Dwight was still struggling, not showing much improvement on his elevation...and on January 7th, he was diagnosed with that torn labrum.

Those that said they believed we could win 50 games did it as super-fans...basically, because they believed.  Realistically, at that point, on January 18th, we were slated to win 40, at the most.

Truth be told, had I posted in here (guess I did, but not concerning our record, because that's something I don't like to do when we're up in the air with injuries), I would have given us an end result of 42-40, no worse than our 2006-07 season (I actually stated this somewhere, that we would not perform worse than that year).

Unwritten rule, really...ultimate bragging rights go to those who make these kind of predictions in October, before the bus crashes and the team adjusts.

If you gave us a solid reason, aside from listing the opponents...then that's a different story.  But I'll take the W/L list and judge your post by it...

@Toronto W

@Chicago L
@Memphis L
vs Utah W
vs Oklahoma City L
vs New Orleans W
@Phoenix W
@Minnesota W
@Detroit W
@Brooklyn L
@Boston L
@Charlotte W
@Miami L
vsPhoenix W
vsLos Angeles L
vsBoston W
vsPortland W
@Dallas L
@Denver L
vs Minnesota W
vsAtlanta W
@Oklahoma City L
@New Orleans W
vs Toronto W
vs Chicago W
@Orlando W
@Atlanta L
@Indiana L
vsSacramento W
@Phoenix W
vs Washington W
@Golden State L
@Minnesota W
@Milwaukee W
@Sacramento W
vs Dallas W
vs Memphis W
@Los Angeles L
vs New Orleans W
@Portland L
vsGolden State W
vs San Antonio W (Pop will be resting his core at this point, we're at home and season on the line.)
vs Houston W

Not bad.   :clap2:

You basically gave us wins for all the games we should win, minus the following games:

Memphis in LA

Boston in LA

Chicago in LA

Atlanta in LA

Golden State in LA

All at home.  Every other W was against a non-playoff team (well, you gave us a W against Milwaukee, but I don't consider them a playoff team...let's be honest, don't even know why we let that game go).

I doubt Fido put in that much effort, really, because at 17-22 and a Dwight Howard labrum tear, 75% of this site was depressed.

Let me put it this way: something tells me that these factors would have changed your prediction:

Pau Gasol injured and misses all games from 2/7 to 3/18 (month and a half)

Dwight Howard only missing 3 games with that labrum tear

Kobe tearing his Achilles and missing the final 2 games of the season + end of GSW game

Popovich not resting Parker and Duncan

Nash missing the last 8 games of the season

Simply put, I would have disregarded any prediction, regarding our record, I could have made throughout the season...all because of those factors (and Jordan Hill going down, but that happened before this topic).  Analysis of our offensive and defensive struggles, though?  That's different, because we had to ditch our offense 2-3 times for a new one, and we never did install a defensive system to begin with...had nothing to do with injuries, everything to do with personnel.

Like I said, good job predicting the 45 wins, but there's no reason to quote someone else about it.

#52 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,132 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 12:22 AM

Fido was dead wrong. Many of us were right about us making the playoffs with 45 games or so. There is nothing shameful about quoting him. At the end, though, does it matter? No, because we will all watch the Lakers and support them passionately. That's all it matters.

#53 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 16, 2013 - 01:41 AM

Didn't hit 50 and didn't pass golden state

But we gave it shot

#54 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,301 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 16, 2013 - 02:48 AM

I dunno how I must stress this.

Let's win on Wednesday BEFORE we gloat.  Otherwise it will be a huge letdown.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#55 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,971 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 16, 2013 - 06:23 AM

I generally thought 45 games.

I was most down-trodden when we get run by the Clippers on Valentine's Day. Looking back, I think the team was in a bit of a funk that night because they knew Dr. buss was about to die.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#56 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,484 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 16, 2013 - 06:49 AM

If we continue to play as we are now our record will end at 45-37.

Shoulda put money on that prediction bro

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#57 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted April 16, 2013 - 06:55 AM

I thought they would have around 42 wins, but that's because based on some rough math (and confirmed by others on this board) regarding how many wins the 8th seed in the West would have. This was back in January, so I can't say I was too far off. But honestly, could anyone really have predicted anything this season? Yes, the offensive and defensive failures have been there for the most part, but things have twisted and turned so much it's been a goddamn mess.

Kudos to wvlaker for the accurate prediction, though. I've only ever gotten the Laker's season record exactly right once (this was prior to the year though) in 2008-2009, when things were far less turbulent. My preseason prediction this time though, like everyone else's, was completely off. 

#58 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,484 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 16, 2013 - 07:32 AM

When the season started we all were thinking 50 wins was a fail. We were all in 60-65 win range. I was thinking 60 spot on. Dont say otherwise or your lying.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#59 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 16, 2013 - 07:41 AM

When the season started we all were thinking 50 wins was a fail. We were all in 60-65 win range. I was thinking 60 spot on. Dont say otherwise or your lying.

I thought mid 50's.

And then they started playing...

#60 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,132 posts

Posted April 16, 2013 - 07:58 AM

I was thinking of 66-67 wins :rofl: Ron was talking about breaking Bulls' record :laughing:

Oh boy.. what a season it has been.

Edited by Goku, April 16, 2013 - 07:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users