#22 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 17, 2013 - 10:57 PM

Metta consistently showed that he couldn't limit LeBron, but he still did better than Earl Clark. The guy was getting beat to the basket almost every time LeBron touched the ball.

#23 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 17, 2013 - 10:57 PM

yea there is.........stupid excuse

If there is how come no one else is able to?
htCCl0m.png

#24 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 17, 2013 - 10:58 PM

He's not the defensive stopper he was. I thought we had established this by now.

Also it's not just Metta. This team, collectively, struggles at the defensive end.

But, this team is still using him as such.

With the Lakers' main defensive wing player needing help, it just makes it harder for everybody else. I think everything else gets easier with a true elite wing defender.

Posted Image

#25 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:01 PM

Pau Gasol for Batum and JJ Hickson.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#26 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 926 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:03 PM

But, this team is still using him as such.

With the Lakers' main defensive wing player needing help, it just makes it harder for everybody else. I think everything else gets easier with a true elite wing defender.

Yeah, because he's our best shot at guarding the ilk of Lebron and Durant. Kobe can't hang with Durant, and can only do his best to limit Lebron, but you're just going to completely wear him out if you do that. The guy is already carrying the offensive load and playing way more minutes than he should at this point in his career.

Bottom line, we don't have a defensive stopper outside of Dwight, but Dwight doesn't fix everything.

#27 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, because he's our best shot at guarding the ilk of Lebron and Durant. Kobe can't hang with Durant, and can only do his best to limit Lebron, but you're just going to completely wear him out if you do that. The guy is already carrying the offensive load and playing way more minutes than he should at this point in his career.

Bottom line, we don't have a defensive stopper outside of Dwight, but Dwight doesn't fix everything.

Agreed. And until the Lakers get a wing defensive stopper, I think it's impossible for the Lakers to solve their defensive issues. It won't fix all of them, but I think it would go a very long way.

Posted Image

#28 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:06 PM

Pau Gasol for Batum and JJ Hickson.

Portland does this why?
htCCl0m.png

#29 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:08 PM

That last play when Lebron hit that Jumper that was a straight up iso no Screens nothing, thats when Metta has got to make a stop iso Defense is his strength and he got killed there too

Posted Image

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#30 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 926 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:10 PM

Agreed. And until the Lakers get a wing defensive stopper, I think it's impossible for the Lakers to solve their defensive issues. It won't fix all of them, but I think it would go a very long way.

It would help quite a bit.

Solving it would mean roster moves in addition to either getting a new head coach and/or a proficient defensive coordinator.

#31 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:25 PM

No... Plain and Simple.. Metta Needs To GO!!!! He is forcing the ball on offense ... and acting as if he is a capable point gaurd. He is also a liability on defense. He now LACKS the foot speed to stay in front of his defender, Nor does he have the ability to funnel his man into Dwight. He used to possesses these things which made him a all star cailaber defender. FOOTSPEED AGILITY VERTICAL REACTION TIME These day are past him weither it is AGE, INJURIES or MEDICATION .... MAYBE JUST MAYBE He could use some orthokine *LOL*, but i serously doubt that he possesses the tenacity nessacary in gaurding some of these up n coming players. He does not live above the rim anymore. He is vanishing on the court

#32 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:26 PM

That last play when Lebron hit that Jumper that was a straight up iso no Screens nothing, thats when Metta has got to make a stop iso Defense is his strength and he got killed there too

Posted Image

Again Newsflash LeBron is the best player in the world. No one can stop him especially in iso situations.
htCCl0m.png

#33 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:32 PM

Again Newsflash LeBron is the best player in the world. No one can stop him especially in iso situations.

It's one thing not to be able to stop him, but it's another to make him play better than he usually does.

Posted Image

#34 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:38 PM

It doesnt matter... I WILL PUT MONEY IF WE BRING IN DEMARCUS COUSINS OR JOSG SMITH THEY COULD BE COACHED TO SHUT DURANT AND LAB-RON DOWN!!!!!!!! IT TAKES A TRAIN TO STOP A TRAIN or a WALL.... SOMEONE NEEDS TO PUT A BIG N FAST BODY ON HIM< GET PHYSICAL!!!..... ITS JUST THAT NOBODY HAS THE CONFIDENCE or TENACITY TO STOP HIM>>> LEBRON IS A SHOULDER DROPPER>>> GET A SOILD BODY ON HIM AND WATCH HIM [expletive] TO THE REF

Edited by DontH8myJumper, January 17, 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#35 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,520 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:29 AM

To be fair lebron got a ton of poins on the fastbreak dunks.

#36 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:29 AM

DOESNT MATTER>>> MWP NEEDS TO GO>>>

#37 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:37 AM

It doesnt matter... I WILL PUT MONEY IF WE BRING IN DEMARCUS COUSINS OR JOSG SMITH THEY COULD BE COACHED TO SHUT DURANT AND LAB-RON DOWN!!!!!!!! IT TAKES A TRAIN TO STOP A TRAIN or a WALL.... SOMEONE NEEDS TO PUT A BIG N FAST BODY ON HIM< GET PHYSICAL!!!..... ITS JUST THAT NOBODY HAS THE CONFIDENCE or TENACITY TO STOP HIM>>> LEBRON IS A SHOULDER DROPPER>>> GET A SOILD BODY ON HIM AND WATCH HIM [expletive] TO THE REF

What?

DeMarcus Cousins defend LeBron James? Maybe someone named Lab-Ron Jaimies, maybe...but not the best player in the league.

#38 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,280 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:46 AM

Hi Drazard.

#39 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:46 AM

UMMMM.... WHO IS DRAZARD???

#40 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 12:47 AM

IM am not saying the current demarcus cousin... if he would dedicate himself to the gym and defence i believe he could be a defensive force on lebron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users