Photo

Who is the Lakers' defensive stopper? Who can be the Bruce Bowen of the Lakers?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 17, 2013 - 09:47 AM

clark,but, i like him more at the 4, grabbing boards,protecting the rim.
clark shut ginobli down when he guarded him(im not exaggerating)

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#22 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted January 17, 2013 - 09:53 AM

It was supposed to be Ron Artest, but he changed his name to World Peace.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#23 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 09:56 AM

mwp,i hate u

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#24 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,317 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 17, 2013 - 01:50 PM

No stopper currently on the roster.and no one that I would view as being capable of being developed into one.

Debbie Downer

#25 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 03:05 PM

No stopper currently on the roster.and no one that I would view as being capable of being developed into one.

you obviously didnt see Clark SHUT DOWN Ginobli,then. still, id rather Clark play the 4 and protect the rim like a top tier rim protector

#26 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,317 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 17, 2013 - 04:05 PM

^I'll give you that Earl can move his feet and stay with those lanky 3's pretty well. He played Durant pretty well when he was with Orlando as ai recall. If he does it on a consistent basis, like forcing LeBron/ Durant etc into a 7 for 22 kinda nights, then we can start the Bown comparisons. But he has to do it conssitently. An injured Ginoboli is a start.

*** Edit POST HEAT Game***

Earl Clark on Lebron had no more effect that any one else guarding him. He was a man playing with boys. Realistically, no one was gonna stop him last night but alot of his point were on dunks. Not acceptable.

Edited by LakerGeezer, January 18, 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Debbie Downer

#27 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,808 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 19, 2013 - 10:46 PM

^I'll give you that Earl can move his feet and stay with those lanky 3's pretty well. He played Durant pretty well when he was with Orlando as ai recall. If he does it on a consistent basis, like forcing LeBron/ Durant etc into a 7 for 22 kinda nights, then we can start the Bown comparisons. But he has to do it conssitently. An injured Ginoboli is a start.

*** Edit POST HEAT Game***

Earl Clark on Lebron had no more effect that any one else guarding him. He was a man playing with boys. Realistically, no one was gonna stop him last night but alot of his point were on dunks. Not acceptable.

One thing is having good defenders. I think throwing Earl Clark, Kobe and Metta at Lebron is about the best any team can do, but if he's on fire, there is no stopping him. Good offense can always beat good defense.

What i'm looking for is a bit of a nasty streak. Someone who plays dirty. When Lebron is driving towards the hoop, someone should knock his ass to the ground.
Like when Raja Bell did this to Kobe.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8ZukXsWmk"]]
Or like when Rodman hit Pippen
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQyaKWsQy8"]]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users