Photo

Bloodsucka Jones (Shameless, Obnoxious Self-Promotion)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,887 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 31, 2014 - 10:31 PM

HA! :laughing:

Nope, it's from these guys in Canada when it played at their film festival.  They've been a big support and help for us in Canada and on the East Coast.  They have a film festival they run about every month called "Horror In The Hammer".

https://www.facebook...rrorinthehammer

• 40,556 posts

Posted March 31, 2014 - 10:35 PM

So where are you at currently right now in your career if you don't mind me asking? Are you still looking to grow to bigger & greater opportunities? Have you drawn enough attention & recognition where you see that as a realistic possibility sometime soon or down the road or are you pretty much at around the highest level you think you'll achieve (which by the looks of it if so, doesn't look too bad one bit to me if you don't mind me saying)?

yo.

#43 fido

fido

• 11,887 posts

Posted March 31, 2014 - 10:42 PM

Jeez, I hope I'm, not on the highest level I'll achieve.  We still make zero cash from this film.  It's a labor of love until it gets picked up or we get major distribution.  We've had a couple places approach us about movie deals, but they have all been crappy so far.  Gotta be patient with it.  We will be distributing the DVD ourselves, but the digital distribution is where most of our hopeful income will come from.  We go to comic-cons and movie cons all the time to hock the film.  We will be in Anaheim and San Diego once again this year handing stuff out and raising awareness - for the fifth year in a row.  Ugh.

The movie, after 5 years of working our tail off is just starting to get recognized and a name around the independent world.  We have finished the script for the second one and have secured some decent B movie people to be in it which is great.  So there's a result of the work we've put into it.  We can say the name and people know it right away now, which is still just amazing to us sometimes.  :)  This movie is something we did because we all don't believe in regrets, or sitting on your death bed wishing you had at least tried something.  We gave the movie world a roll and it seems to be SLOWLY working out.

Would be nice to have some money from it, but that will come.  We get to meet some great people and do some cool things as a result of it, so right now, that will have to do until paychecks become a regular part of the movie routine.

The music, always just a fun side thing for me.  I'm too old, the band is too old, and our style is far too goofy and relaxed to get some money from it.  people want serious from their music, which I still don't get sometimes.  It is more of a release and a fun thing to do when we have the time.  We played the OC Fair last year and will be playing it again this year in July.

The art / drawing stuff, that's gaining heavy steam right now, which is beyond exciting for me.  That is how I make my living right now - logos, flyers, catalogs, brochures, caricatures and such.  It's what I've done since I was a tiny kid, so to see people starting to recognize that is just so great.  I have lots of good news attached to that, but I don't wanna jinx anything so I keep quiet about stuff until it happens.

Thanks, I appreciate the good words and again I truly hope that this isn't the highest level I can reach.  :)

#44 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 01, 2014 - 07:26 AM

One of my favorites qedugama.jpg

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#45 fido

fido

• 11,887 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 09:02 AM

Thanks Busty Bluth!  :)

#46 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 09:58 AM

Thanks Busty Bluth!  :)

Thinking of ordering it for my dad's birthday.

#47 fido

fido

• 11,887 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 09:07 PM

:)

Let me know when.  I have a cleaner print of it I need to get on there.

#48 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 10:14 PM

:)

Let me know when.  I have a cleaner print of it I need to get on there.

Oh cool. Will do fido.

#49 fido

fido

• 11,887 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 02:23 PM

http://www.amazon.co...loodsucka jones

Now available on Amazon!

We are going to be at the C4 Ventura Comic-Con as well this weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users