43 replies to this topic

#41 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 13, 2013 - 11:27 AM

Like I said somewhere else, when we're depending on Kobe to drop 30+ points and play 40 minutes a night...and Nash isn't taking enough shots, we're jacking up FAR too many threes while shooting average (middle of the league) from downtown, and Ron Artest is taking more shots than Dwight Howard and Nash...our offense isn't fine.

PPG =/= good offense.

Also, offense is most definitely a factor in the way we play defense...not the biggest reason for our bad defense, but long boards off of missed threes spark breaks we just can't defend, and we tire easily in an uptempo offense.

Little to no P&R, offense running through Nash instead of Kobe and Dwight, us launching threes, hardly any inside-out play, Gasol taking 18-foot jumpers...the offense is bad.

#42 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 13, 2013 - 11:35 AM

Like I said somewhere else, when we're depending on Kobe to drop 30+ points and play 40 minutes a night...and Nash isn't taking enough shots, we're jacking up FAR too many threes while shooting average (middle of the league) from downtown, and Ron Artest is taking more shots than Dwight Howard and Nash...our offense isn't fine.

PPG =/= good offense.

Also, offense is most definitely a factor in the way we play defense...not the biggest reason for our bad defense, but long boards off of missed threes spark breaks we just can't defend, and we tire easily in an uptempo offense.

Little to no P&R, offense running through Nash instead of Kobe and Dwight, us launching threes, hardly any inside-out play, Gasol taking 18-foot jumpers...the offense is bad.

The offense is bad for us. We just don't fit the system and we never will. MDA was just a horrible choice and to choose him over Phil Jackson is just stupid...

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#43 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 13, 2013 - 11:42 AM

The offense is bad for us. We just don't fit the system and we never will. MDA was just a horrible choice and to choose him over Phil Jackson is just stupid...

Two superstars NOT at the PG position, no shooters, and two of our five being centers who have to post up (Howard/Gasol)...the MDA/Nash offense was always going to be a bad fit from the start. I didn't support it the day we traded for Nash and I figured we would run it even without MDA, and I'm never going to support it for this squad.

#44 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 13, 2013 - 11:48 AM

Two superstars NOT at the PG position, no shooters, and two of our five being centers who have to post up (Howard/Gasol)...the MDA/Nash offense was always going to be a bad fit from the start. I didn't support it the day we traded for Nash and I figured we would run it even without MDA, and I'm never going to support it for this squad.

What was Jim Buss' and Mitch Kupchak's train of thought when they chose MDA over Phil..? The triangle would fit perfectly for our offense and our team. The only difference from 08-11 was that we have an elite offensive PG and an upgrade in Center from Dwight. Nash and Dwight would have gave us more options with P&R. Our defense would have been better too.

We'd also would have at least a playoff spot at the moment.

Edited by Ham, January 13, 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users