Photo

One last run

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Poll: One last run (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have faith in the Lakers to make the playoffs?

1. Yes I do have in them to make the playoffs (44 votes [49.44%])

Percentage of vote: 49.44%

2. No they're cooked. Season is over (45 votes [50.56%])

Percentage of vote: 50.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,745 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 07:38 AM

I'm so sorry but in my mind

the season is over even doe I'm still hoping that lakers can win it all :(

33bkfif.jpg

#22 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 579 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 09:18 AM

I believe they can make it in the playoffs. No statistical proof, just blind faith because there is no way in hell I can picture the playoffs without the Lakers. Seriously. It just isn't the playoffs even through the eyes of a laker hater or an average NBA fan without the lakers in the mix.
Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#23 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,385 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted January 12, 2013 - 11:16 AM

I don't see it happening. It's a lot different than just "turning it on"... this team has serious problems everywhere

#24 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 11:39 AM

Don't worry according to Mike D'Antoni,

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
D’Antoni said to the team: “Our season starts Sunday.” Acknowledged there is obviously no more room for error.

We were just trolling the whole league and having our own extended pre-season.
We are gonna go on a 40 game winning streak. We got this. Our season just started.

In other words, fire this piece of [expletive] and then we can go on one "last" run.

Edited by Ham, January 12, 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#25 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 12, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yes I believe.

People need to have some perspective. Oklahoma City is argurably the best team in the league right now and we were playing without two starters in Gasol and Howard.

We got some winnable games on the schedule. Not over yet.
htCCl0m.png

#26 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,865 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:24 PM

The Losing!? You can't handle the Losing!!

Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#27 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,040 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:50 PM

I still believe in this team. I used to believe in MDA, but slowly my trust is eroding.

The coaching staff needs to make adjustments. I cannot believe how obtuse they are. A good coach does not come in forces his team to run his system. A good coach analyzes his team, and create a system that accommodates each player with their skill level.

We need to slow it down and run the offense. No more jacking up threes. We have been getting good looks, but we have to make them in order to give the opposition's defense on their heels. If we keep on missing, teams are going to want us to shoot the three ball.
When we go down low to Dwight, and Dwight kicks it back out when the double comes, swing the ball around. There is NO player in this league that can beat the pass. On top of that, we simply have to play smarter. We keep trying to force the ball inside when it is not there. We keep committing turnovers on simple pass (most of them are due to miscommunication whether it was a scree, cut, or roll). This team needs to wake up and play with heart. Seeing Hill go down was a disaster. He (and maybe you can add Earl & Sacre if you want) was the only player on this team that hustled, rebounded, and dove for lose balls.

We need those type of players. What Jeff Van Gundy said last night was absolutely true. There are too many people on this team that want the ball. We need to get everyone involved. Our stars should consist of Dwight, Nash, and Bryant. That's it. Now we should surround them with players who UNDERSTAND their role. Players who understand that they were brought here to simply defend. Players who understand that they were brought here to play with intensity.

Speaking of Nash, and I know I am going to get flamed for this, but he needs to step up his game. This is not the Steve Nash we traded for. He needs to step up and be more selfish. He is our best shooter. He needs to look to score more. If he is not going to help offensively, then why is he in the game? We all know his defense is atrocious. He was brought here not only to create shots for others, but to score and shoot. Stop making the extra pass to Metta who stands in the corner and shoot the three (if you are open).

Regarding Metta, he should only should mid-range shots and function only on the low block. That's it.

Ohh yeah, trade Pau.

We are like only what, five games behind the 8th seed. Minnesota sadly lost Kevin Love for several weeks, so they may fall behind.

NOTE TO MANAGEMENT: The longer you wait, the more we will fall behind in the standings.

Who knows what offers are out their right now for Pau. Minnesota lost Love, will they try to get Pau? Who knows!

Oh by the way, when D'antoni said, "Our season starts Sunday," I do not think he meant that all the previous games do not count. I think he was trying to say was, "Guys, we all know we are not playing the way we should be. Forget about everything, and lets start over. From now on, no mistake."

I believe and lets go Lakers :judge:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#28 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,156 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 01:24 PM

I still believe in this team. I used to believe in MDA, but slowly my trust is eroding.

The coaching staff needs to make adjustments. I cannot believe how obtuse they are. A good coach does not come in forces his team to run his system. A good coach analyzes his team, and create a system that accommodates each player with their skill level.

We need to slow it down and run the offense. No more jacking up threes. We have been getting good looks, but we have to make them in order to give the opposition's defense on their heels. If we keep on missing, teams are going to want us to shoot the three ball.
When we go down low to Dwight, and Dwight kicks it back out when the double comes, swing the ball around. There is NO player in this league that can beat the pass. On top of that, we simply have to play smarter. We keep trying to force the ball inside when it is not there. We keep committing turnovers on simple pass (most of them are due to miscommunication whether it was a scree, cut, or roll). This team needs to wake up and play with heart. Seeing Hill go down was a disaster. He (and maybe you can add Earl & Sacre if you want) was the only player on this team that hustled, rebounded, and dove for lose balls.

We need those type of players. What Jeff Van Gundy said last night was absolutely true. There are too many people on this team that want the ball. We need to get everyone involved. Our stars should consist of Dwight, Nash, and Bryant. That's it. Now we should surround them with players who UNDERSTAND their role. Players who understand that they were brought here to simply defend. Players who understand that they were brought here to play with intensity.

Speaking of Nash, and I know I am going to get flamed for this, but he needs to step up his game. This is not the Steve Nash we traded for. He needs to step up and be more selfish. He is our best shooter. He needs to look to score more. If he is not going to help offensively, then why is he in the game? We all know his defense is atrocious. He was brought here not only to create shots for others, but to score and shoot. Stop making the extra pass to Metta who stands in the corner and shoot the three (if you are open).

Regarding Metta, he should only should mid-range shots and function only on the low block. That's it.

Ohh yeah, trade Pau.

We are like only what, five games behind the 8th seed. Minnesota sadly lost Kevin Love for several weeks, so they may fall behind.

NOTE TO MANAGEMENT: The longer you wait, the more we will fall behind in the standings.

Who knows what offers are out their right now for Pau. Minnesota lost Love, will they try to get Pau? Who knows!

Oh by the way, when D'antoni said, "Our season starts Sunday," I do not think he meant that all the previous games do not count. I think he was trying to say was, "Guys, we all know we are not playing the way we should be. Forget about everything, and lets start over. From now on, no mistake."

I believe and lets go Lakers :judge:

It's funny to see your little "note to management" section thinking that you are somewhat more intelligent than our management. It's easy to be a keyboard gm.

#29 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,040 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 01:28 PM

It's funny to see your little "note to management" section thinking that you are somewhat more intelligent than our management. It's easy to be a keyboard gm.

I didn't say nor do I think I am smarter than management. I am just voicing my opinion. I am basically saying that the longer we wait and play with this current roster, the more we will fall behind in the standings. That is what I am saying.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#30 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,156 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:10 PM

I didn't say nor do I think I am smarter than management. I am just voicing my opinion. I am basically saying that the longer we wait and play with this current roster, the more we will fall behind in the standings. That is what I am saying.

You don't think management already knows this?

#31 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:14 PM

According to Jim Buss, not really.

#32 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,040 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:36 PM

Well if I was Mitch I would sure know. But no one knows what they are thinking now or their plans. I just hope they do not wait till the deadline. Who knows what's in the market now and what offers they have. Sometimes, patience is the key, and only time will tell. I am worried though that if we wait too long, we are going to dig ourselves into a hole we cannot dig ourselves out of.

According to Jim Buss, not really.

Well according to Jim Buss, we weren't going to make any major moves last off-season. How did that turn out :whistle:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#33 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well if I was Mitch I would sure know. But no one knows what they are thinking now or their plans. I just hope they do not wait till the deadline. Who knows what's in the market now and what offers they have. Sometimes, patience is the key, and only time will tell. I am worried though that if we wait too long, we are going to dig ourselves into a hole we cannot dig ourselves out of.

Well according to Jim Buss, we weren't going to make any major moves last off-season. How did that turn out :whistle:

I'm starting to question the fact that they will even bother to make any moves at the moment. Any trade rumor will make me happy right now. LOL especially revolving around Pau Gasol.

#34 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,040 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'm starting to question the fact that they will even bother to make any moves at the moment. Any trade rumor will make me happy right now. LOL especially revolving around Pau Gasol.

The last thing we want is a trade rumor that will swirl through the player's mind and have them thinking, "Will I still be on this team 3 weeks from now?"

From a fan's stand of view, I understand you. We want some news that can bring SOME hope. We are tired of all this losing.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#35 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:49 PM

The last thing we want is a trade rumor that will swirl through the player's mind and have them thinking, "Will I still be on this team 3 weeks from now?"

From a fan's stand of view, I understand you. We want some news that can bring SOME hope. We are tired of all this losing.

The last thing we need is Pau Gasol and Mike D'Antoni and I'm sure Pau knows he wont be a Laker for too long.

Edited by Ham, January 12, 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#36 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,040 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 02:50 PM

The last thing we need is Pau Gasol and Mike D'Antoni.

You forgot Jamison and maybe World Peace.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#37 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yes I believe.

People need to have some perspective. Oklahoma City is argurably the best team in the league right now and we were playing without two starters in Gasol and Howard.

We got some winnable games on the schedule. Not over yet.

Stop flip flopping jesus [expletive]ing christ. Enough with the damn excuses Dwight and Gasol weren't playing. It's not like anything is gonna change when they come back. We just desperately need to win some games.

#38 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 12, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Why would you type this, given the display name you post with?

#39 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 12, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Don't you just love irony?

#40 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,156 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 03:38 PM

The name is just a joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users