Photo

One last run

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Poll: One last run (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have faith in the Lakers to make the playoffs?

1. Yes I do have in them to make the playoffs (44 votes [49.44%])

Percentage of vote: 49.44%

2. No they're cooked. Season is over (45 votes [50.56%])

Percentage of vote: 50.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:48 PM

Kobe, Nash, Metta and Nash are still battling and maybe the time off is exactly what the big boys Gasol and Howard needed I feel they'll be rejuvenated when they return. Clark and Sacre have brought some life into the team we're hustling now, theres the extra effort to contest shots at the rim or perimeter that we've been sorely missing. Im not saying there weren't lapses on defense, Im not saying we didnt miss wide open shots or turnovers but we showed a lot more fight this week than we did all year (Excpet during last week of Xmas). We just got beat by better teams but Im satisfied with how they played.

I think as long as Kobe is believing we gotta support him and continue believing too, you know Mitch and Jimmy Buss gave lip service last night if they had come out and said those guys are gonna get traded nobody around the league would want them, I think theres trades to be made, I think we're at rock bottom right now and we can turn this around. 3 of the next 4 are against scrub teams ...Cleveland, Milwaukee and Toronto i fully believe we beat these guys and we'll be only 2-3 games out of the 7th and 8th spot again.

Very little indication that this team is gonna be improving any time soon especially with the injuries piling up but I dont feel like we're out of it yet. Check in here if you still have faith in this team because I still do. Hope Im not the only one.

Edited by MDI, January 11, 2013 - 11:49 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:49 PM

They can lose about 15 games the rest of the season. Good luck to them.

#3 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:55 PM

We will end up somewere above 500
Posted Image

#4 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:03 AM

Got to start a big run.

Posted Image

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:04 AM

Denver, Houston and Portland have all lost 16 games. They are the 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds.

We've lost 21.

Is it possible for us to trade Gasol, change up the offense a bit, get back a healthy Dwight by February, and win 7-8 games in a row...while one of the three teams above lose 4-5 straight? Yes.

If that happens, suddenly, we are right there with March and April to go.

As it stands...those three (DEN, HOU, POR) can win 45 games and make the playoffs (right now, their winning percentage resembles that of a 45-win team). That means that WE can win 45 and make it.

#6 lildvl10

lildvl10

Rookie

• 1,396 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:11 AM

i gotta agree with you MDI, some people say a lot of bad things about this team, how they play and etc etc.. but sometimes you have to give credit to the opposing team like the okc and spurs.. in the 2 two games that we lost,i think the lakers showed effort and energy, its just that spurs and okc are a much better team than us.. thats it.
bit at the same time, we need to improve a lot defensively.. if you noticed tonight after the game, james worthy didnt blast the team coz he knew they played hard, but against okc its gonna be real hard. all in all im satisfied with the last 2 games even if we lost.. im still hoping for a playoff spot, and they better start going on a BIG run to accomplish that... whatever happens this season, win or lose, i will always support the lakers.

#7 KB24BlackMamba

KB24BlackMamba

Rookie

• 397 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:2008

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:14 AM

Denver, Houston and Portland have all lost 16 games. They are the 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds.

We've lost 21.

Is it possible for us to trade Gasol, change up the offense a bit, get back a healthy Dwight by February, and win 7-8 games in a row...while one of the three teams above lose 4-5 straight? Yes.

If that happens, suddenly, we are right there with March and April to go.

As it stands...those three (DEN, HOU, POR) can win 45 games and make the playoffs (right now, their winning percentage resembles that of a 45-win team). That means that WE can win 45 and make it.

BOLD: That´s what I am most worried about that. I don´t think that´s gonna change. We will probably win 3-4 in a row now maybe and Mike will belive in his system again. Thats my guess
Posted Image

#8 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,618 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:23 AM

We can, but we won't. This is just my opinion, but I haven't seen a single thing which proves to me this team deserves to be in the playoffs. It's a bad team with great individual players, I don't know how they're going to improve that drastically in that short amount of time.

I'm still going to watch every single game though. I'm going to cheer every made basket, every offensive rebound, every blocked shot, chant "MVP" every time Kobe steps up to shoot his free throws. Despite the awful record, the nonexistent defense, etc, there are still 4 future hall of famers out there, and one of them is the second best guard to ever play the game. Can't take that for granted. I know Dwight doesn't look like himself and Pau is breaking down and Nash could conceivably be old enough to have a son playing in the NBA, but there's more talent on this team than most teams have had in the last decade.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope they turn it around and storm into the playoffs on a wave of momentum, tearing through the Clippers in the first round, then OKC and San Antonio on their way to Miami to dethrone the fraudulent "King" James and then Magic Johnson would make Bill Simmons kiss all five of his rings on NBA Tonight. Unfortunately I don't see that happening anywhere but in my dreams, and even those are short-lived because they're usually interrupted by Kate Upton...

#9 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:27 AM

According to ESPN our Metta/Nash/Kobe/Howard/Gasol has played only 117 mins together all year. They've barely played

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#10 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,824 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:38 AM

its over

13z8pc6.jpg

#11 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,253 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 12:41 AM

Times like these make me say... [expletive] stern.

#12 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 12, 2013 - 01:04 AM

Hill is out and nobody is healthy this season is over

#13 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,888 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 12, 2013 - 01:06 AM

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 12 minutes ago

Only two teams have ever finished a season with at least 45 wins after starting 15-21 or worse, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

#14 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,895 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 12, 2013 - 01:15 AM

Even with some kind of great deal there won't be enough time to get things together.

You're also talking about them getting rolling with this infantile system and no defensive effort

Gotta go 31-15 at least to make the 8th seed. Yeah, ain't gonna happen.

#15 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,222 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 03:20 AM

Jazz
Nuggets
Rockets
Wolves x3
Blazers x2

8 games against teams that are in playoff race.We need to go at least 7-1 in those games and 23-15 from the rest featuring some tough games against OKC, Clippers, Warriors... But there are also some 'relatively easy' games..

Cavs
Raptors x2
Kings x2
Suns x2
Bobcats

If we find the balance within, it's possible but :censored: we are so unlucky that all these injuries are piling up.

#16 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,818 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted January 12, 2013 - 04:11 AM

46 games left.

23 of those (half) against teams we should beat (teams behind us record-wise).

Lots of games against lower tier West teams, as well (Portland, Houston, Minnesota, Dallas, Denver, Utah). Those are the games we have to win because eventually we are going to be in a situation where it's out of our hands and we'll need to root for other teams to lose.

Also have to take care of the mid-tier East teams. Chicago x2 (1 without Rose), Atlanta x2, Boston x2, Indiana, Brooklyn. 17 games total against the East, including our next 5. We need to go 4-1 in this upcoming stretch. 3-2 at WORST.

So a run is possible. We need to win trap games most importantly since that's what most of our schedule is looking like. Lots of winnable games against the East coming up, as well, including Miami next Thursday.

If we're not at 20 wins by the end of the month (10 games), then we're [expletive]ed because we start off February with a 5 game road trip and play Miami and the whack ass Clippers right before All-star weekend.

Edited by Massacre, January 12, 2013 - 04:12 AM.

iyjywo.jpg

#17 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 12, 2013 - 05:17 AM

their hearts are broken. their spirits are whipped. their confidence is dead.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#18 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,082 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 12, 2013 - 06:04 AM

They can't give away any more games. That starts Sunday. Win the next two and then we can talk.

Edited by UKUGA, January 12, 2013 - 08:48 AM.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 12, 2013 - 06:40 AM

Too many problems with this team and the head coach.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#20 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 12, 2013 - 07:05 AM

Too many problems with this team and the head coach.

yep. 1 or 2 moves doesnt fix this hard drive. we need a complete anti-virus scan.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users