38 replies to this topic

#21 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 12, 2013 - 06:14 AM

The really good GMs are getting a good laugh out of all this right now.

You can't trade and sign deals the way the Lakers have for the past few years and avoid the day of reckoning. I thought it would be a year or two more away, but here we are.

The aging superstar, volume shooter whose numbers are good but is clearly in decline and appears to have chosen to play no defense this year, sucking up half the cap space.

The very quickly over the hill PF who was soft in his prime (but skilled) and now is afriad of his onw shadow, making 20m.

The defensive specialt who was a head case in his prime but now cant gaurd anyone loves to take and miss 3p, making 8m.

The classy but aged PG that you traded 4 picks for making 9m and who inevitably will be hurt alot.

The center with a bad back that, at best needs a year to recover and at worst wont be the same player he was 3 years ago, making 19m, headed for more.

A completely ragtag useless bench.

Committed to 2 lousy coaches for 22m.

No draft picks for the forseeable future.

#22 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 12, 2013 - 06:22 AM

If Ozzie Guillen can be traded, then Mike D'Antoni can be too.

#23 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 06:33 AM

^Even the Knicks were smart enough to run him out of town, so I dont see any takers. I am not sure the Buss clan will swallow hard twice and pay fired two coaches.

#24 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 12, 2013 - 10:11 AM

Howard will come back, I still don't think he'll go elsewhere. Simply because of the money and marketing opportunities.

Also Clark, if he continues to grow (but under D'Antoni who knows) makes Pau very expendable.

I think he will too. We'll see how things unfold in the offseason, but we make the most sense. Management probably told Howard once Kobe is gone we want you to be the superstar we build around. Combine that with being in LA... c'mon. You're staying.

Clark is like last year's Hill. I love that we found something in him. Pau is very expendable, but if we consider this season over we might get more for him in the offseason with teams planning for the following years FA.

#25 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 12, 2013 - 10:57 PM

there are no words to describe how bad we are. Dysfunctional is all that comes to mind.
Its like watching a hodgepodge of 2 or 3 teams thrown into one. And everyone is playing their own game. The ships dont sail together theyre sailing apart, crashing into one another and against the wind.
It goes beyond the players. past the depth or the coach or his game plans (or lack there of). Its disgusting. It truly is. Theres no way to sugar coat it. What we all witnessed last night believes me to think we could be one of the worst teams in the NBA. And I dont understand how. With KB+Nash I would assume competitiveness in that duo alone. I understand D12+Pau are out. But I truly cant see how they would have contributed at all in a win vs the Thunder. We played with no heart. It looked like we didnt even want to be there. Durant didnt even look like he was sweating. Its as if we have become child's play. We need so many changes to this roster its not worth typing. But theyre done. Trigger gots no heart. Were just dead ducks floating by the hunter whos pissed off because he wants to shoot something alive.

damn dog..... that's painfully poetic.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#26 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,374 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 14, 2013 - 07:33 AM

Everyone needs to calm the eff down. It's just a matter of time before other teams in the West hit their bumps in the road, losing streaks and rookie walls. We will continue to get better, especially after the trade deadline and we will make the playoffs. The Clippers and OKC will beat the hell out of us in the first round but we will make the playoffs :laughing:

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,855 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 14, 2013 - 09:35 AM

Get to around .500 by the All Star Break and then win most of your games after the ASb...It sounds so tough when you say it other ways. But we're 5 games under and have a couple weeks( I think 3) to get to the All Star Break.

Lets be 22-24 by then or so...

After the All Star Break win 8 out of 10 at some point and get a few above .500 and stay there. You should be able to do that and if not, then we know how many changes will be required next season

#28 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted January 16, 2013 - 01:16 PM

How about we sign iverson to the vet minimum

#29 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 16, 2013 - 02:01 PM

How about we sign iverson to the vet minimum

he is black balled out of the NBA. No team has a shot at sigining him
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#30 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,336 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 16, 2013 - 05:22 PM

he is black balled out of the NBA. No team has a shot at sigining him

Im pretty sure if any team wanted AI, they could get him

#31 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 16, 2013 - 06:48 PM

No storm coming... a trade or 2? Maybe.

The only person that is almost guaranteed to be trade at this point is Pau...Metta, Blake or Duhon with him? Sure...if we're lucky.

#32 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 17, 2013 - 09:10 AM

Im pretty sure if any team wanted AI, they could get him

there are plenty of bums on rosters in NBA that are not currently better than A.I. if A.I was able to be in NBA he'd much rather be there than playing with And 1 guys!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#33 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 01:44 PM

A W tonight against the Heat might start to change some views including mine. I dont see wins against Cleveland and Milwaukee as being very meanigful. A couple of wins against elite teams, now we have something to talk about.

#34 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 17, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Definitely catching the heat at a good time. Still Lebron in a nationality televised game, I expect them to get up for the game.

#35 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 04:00 PM

^ Yeah, no unrealistic expectations here, just hopeful that the last 2 games are somehting to build on. A win against a quality tema is still probably pie in he sky at this point.

#36 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 17, 2013 - 06:31 PM

No storm coming... a trade or 2? Maybe.

The only person that is almost guaranteed to be trade at this point is Pau...Metta, Blake or Duhon with him? Sure...if we're lucky.

ha getting rid of Pau AND Metta/Duhon would be insane.

#37 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:49 PM

I WOULD SHIP METTA AND DUHON WITH EBANKS FOR SOME [expletive]ING FODDER>>> GIMMIE A MID LEVEL PLAYER FOR METTA AND SOME TALL PHYSICAL FODDER.....

#38 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 18, 2013 - 04:48 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=afxu4vp
Do it Mitch!!! LOL

Edited by Cj2008nw, January 18, 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#39 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Only good things that came out of last night is that they didnt get blown out, Lebron scored less than 40, and Pau looked ...ok. Otherwise just another L in a lousy season. And watching Lebron move made me realize just how "mature" Kobe looks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users