hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:17 PM

Yup, our season is over.

Essentially.

Wouldn't mind just prepping for next season. Fire MDA, let Bernie finish the season as head coach, hire a legitimate defensive coach, trade Pau (possibly wait until offseason? idk) and make other smaller roster moves, get rid of dead weight, and put a hard limit Kobe/Nash/Dwights' minutes the rest of the season. Sounds good to me anyway.

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 12, 2013 - 01:10 AM

Jalen Rose saying exactly what I've been saying for a month now.

46 - 48 wins needed for the 8th seed. And some here called me stupid, idiotic and crazy.

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,623 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 12, 2013 - 01:44 AM

lol I Wilbon dude theres no one on this team who can play defense.

kobe,metta,dwight. Those are the only legit defensive players.

nash,pau,duhon,blake,jamison all horrible on defense.

The rest of the team is horrible but they aren't anything special. This team never had a chance with all these player. Only guy in that can get away with bad defense is nash cuz he works hard and contributes allot on offense.There isnt a coach who could do [expletive] with this team. Even phil with a whole off season may get us to the playoffs but most likely a 1st round exit. All we can do is deal with this season and try to trade pau and metta who will be expiring contracts with metta at 7 and pau at 19.Fill the bench with athletes hope clark turns out to be a great player(Im thinking he might be) hope nash comes back another season get a legit back up pg and trade hill. Hill is way to injury prone. He is a athlete and is great but is way to risky. Gotta move on.

#6 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 12, 2013 - 06:13 AM

Jalen got pot belly now
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#7 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 12, 2013 - 10:22 AM

@fetz

Thing is on our 'legit players', Dwight hasn't been 100% healthy and therefore not quite the defensive black hole that he was, Kobe is still a capable defender but can't guard the top scorers in the league well and gets lost floating around sometimes and often doesn't get back in transition, and Metta while still decent, is no longer the defensive stopper he was.

Combine that with the rest of defensive ability of our team, and lack of a defensive scheme and defensive mindset, you've got a Lakers team that absolutely can't get it done on defense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users