Photo

Jordan Hill cleared to play; Available for Game 2 (Pg. 10)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#161 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,846 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 19, 2013 - 01:46 PM

Mda gives Clark 12 minutes against a quicker Houston team. Like we have all those quick wingplayers. He sure will find a way to underuse his "beloved" player J-Hill.

Yeah cause it wasn't like Clark was playing terribly those 12 minutes -_-

Sometimes you gotta sit "athleticism" if it isn't playing well.  Sitting Clark and playing Jamison at the 3 was the right decision.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#162 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,089 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 20, 2013 - 12:22 AM

He, is actually better.

No. Just no. Hill is ok but he is no where close to Faried.

#163 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,458 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted April 20, 2013 - 12:58 AM

He, is actually better.

you must be smoking some bad [expletive]

Posted Image

#164 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,846 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 05:07 AM

No. Just no. Hill is ok but he is no where close to Faried.

you must be smoking some bad [expletive]

Actually you're both wrong. 

Hill is statistically the better rebounder than Faried.   They showed how far the distance between Hill and Faried and it was hilariously one sided. 

Hill IS the better rebounder than Faried.  It's not a debate it's statistical fact.    Faried just gets more minutes, but Hill is by far the better rebounder, actually he was the best one in the league this year in terms of offensive rebounding efficiency as well. 

I remember I believe I posted a statistic earlier in the season showing how far behind Faried was to Hill in rebounding efficiency, but I haven't the time to look it up.  

One thing I will tell you is that Jordan Hill is the BEST offensive rebounder in the league.  That's not opinion that's a fact.   He leaves Faried in the dust in that aspect.

Wouldn't say it if I didn't know it as fact.   Maybe you both should research more, watch ESPN less, and not talk out of your rears ^_^

Edit here's the stat

Jordan HIll NBA LEADING

Offensive Rebound Rate: 20.2 
Defensive Rebound Rate: 19.7

Lets compare to Faried

Kenneth Faried

Offensive Rebound Rate: 13.3
Defensive Rebound Rate: 23.6

Like I said.  It wasn't an opinion. 

Jordan Hill's the best offensive rebounder in the league and a more efficient one than Faried IF he got the same amount of minutes I wonder what he'd accomplish... he's our steal.  Now understand how much not having the NBA's leading offensive rebounder coming off your bench hurts the team ;)

Enjoy kids :)

Edited by Majesty, April 20, 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#165 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,953 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:36 AM

He, is actually better.

better overall with skill level or better for results & playing within themselves filling a specific void?

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#166 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,322 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted April 20, 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hill is statistically the better rebounder than Faried. They showed how far the distance between Hill and Faried and it was hilariously one sided.

Hill IS the better rebounder than Faried. It's not a debate it's statistical fact. Faried just gets more minutes, but Hill is by far the better rebounder, actually he was the best one in the league this year in terms of offensive rebounding efficiency as well.

I remember I believe I posted a statistic earlier in the season showing how far behind Faried was to Hill in rebounding efficiency, but I haven't the time to look it up.

One thing I will tell you is that Jordan Hill is the BEST offensive rebounder in the league. That's not opinion that's a fact. He leaves Faried in the dust in that aspect.

Wouldn't say it if I didn't know it as fact. Maybe you both should research more, watch ESPN less, and not talk out of your rears ^_^

Edit here's the stat

Jordan HIll NBA LEADING

Lets compare to Faried

Kenneth Faried

Like I said. It wasn't an opinion.

Jordan Hill's the best offensive rebounder in the league and a more efficient one than Faried IF he got the same amount of minutes I wonder what he'd accomplish... he's our steal. Now understand how much not having the NBA's leading offensive rebounder coming off your bench hurts the team ;)

Good stat, but we never know if J. Hill would be able to keep his hustle play up in extended minutes.

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#167 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,681 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 20, 2013 - 01:22 PM

Jordan Hill's speedy recovery continues: He went through a full-court practice today

Posted Image

#168 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,698 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 20, 2013 - 02:05 PM

Please, change the title of this thread. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#169 David

David

Superstar

• 8,017 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 02:13 PM

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#170 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,536 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 20, 2013 - 02:18 PM

hill is not better than faried. stop overrating the team so much

#171 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,846 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 02:24 PM

You apparently didn't see the stat I posted -_-  Hill is the best offensive rebounder in the league. Stop it.

#172 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,681 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 20, 2013 - 02:37 PM

he's not, statically 

Posted Image

#173 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 4,521 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 20, 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'm sure Denver would have no problem giving us Faried in exchange for Hill this off-season. Since he is better, after all.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

• 39,352 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 03:11 PM

:laughing:

yo.

#175 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,089 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hill is statistically the better rebounder than Faried.   They showed how far the distance between Hill and Faried and it was hilariously one sided. 

Hill IS the better rebounder than Faried.  It's not a debate it's statistical fact.    Faried just gets more minutes, but Hill is by far the better rebounder, actually he was the best one in the league this year in terms of offensive rebounding efficiency as well. 

One thing I will tell you is that Jordan Hill is the BEST offensive rebounder in the league.  That's not opinion that's a fact.   He leaves Faried in the dust in that aspect.

Wouldn't say it if I didn't know it as fact.   Maybe you both should research more, watch ESPN less, and not talk out of your rears ^_^

Edit here's the stat

Jordan HIll NBA LEADING

Lets compare to Faried

Kenneth Faried

Like I said.  It wasn't an opinion. 

Jordan Hill's the best offensive rebounder in the league and a more efficient one than Faried IF he got the same amount of minutes I wonder what he'd accomplish... he's our steal.  Now understand how much not having the NBA's leading offensive rebounder coming off your bench hurts the team ;)

1 hill is not that great of a defender. He isn not. He's been easily scored on many times and isnt a stopper in any means. He can get a few block maybe but that doesnt make a great defender. Far

2 his offense compared to faried is not even close. Faried scores like crazy at times. He will dominate a game. This is a guy who was dominating dwight at times. Hill coud never do this. Ever. 

3 hill is not a better rebounder. When you play an entire game with starters you will never get a rebounding rate like a decent rebounder on the bench. Bench players less time and playing against other bench players gets there stats inflated. And the offensive rebounding stat. Ar you kidding me. Best int eh league. That just shows how bull[expletive] it is. You really think Hill then is a better rebounder than Dwight for instance. Because apparently to you that stat means dwight is not as good at offensive rebounds as hill is. 

hill gets 6.6 ORB per 36 while dwight only gets 3.3. Wow I guess dwight is only half the rebounder hill is now right.

I can just look at a game between the 2 and they are even close. Faried is an all star. He is amazing player. Hill is also a good player but he's nothing but a bench player. 

Also I like how you wrote a paper but yet only provided one random stat that barely means anything. 

If he was better than why isn't every NBA team going after him. Maybe because he's an extremely injury prone player, which also factors in why Faried is better being that he's barely missed a game in his career, and that Faried can make a much bigger impact on a game than Hill.

The fact that they are even getting compared is a joke.

Edited by bigfetz, April 20, 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#176 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,846 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Dwight and Hill?  Alright here you go

Like I said... Hill is the best offensive rebounder in the league. You'll have to live with it at some point :)

Dwight Howard is a better DEFENSIVE rebounder than Hill. 

Dwight Howard's defensive rebounding is 28.0  While Hill's is 19.7 and Faried's is 23.6.  Which means Dwight trumps them both in defensive rebounding even with all the minutes played which you tried to make into a disadvantage eventhough I just showed you how nonsense that is with Dwight's defensive rebounding numbers lol.

Hill's the best offensive rebounder in the league though no matter how you try to stretch it.   Dwight's prowess and efficiency is mainly his defensive rebounding which has been the case for years.

Nice try though.

Edited by Majesty, April 20, 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#177 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,089 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wow now I heard everything. Apparently jordan hill is the best offensive rebounder in the game. 

You do know Hill only played 29 games this entire season right. Also he only averaged about 16 mins. That inflates your per 36 or any rating stat allot. I am positive if he played 30+ mins a game for an 82 game season he wouldn't even have close to the stats your putting. 

#178 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 20,880 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 20, 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hill's rebounding stats mean nothing when a coach doesn't play him or he's injured. Hill is a role player. not some star rotting on the bench. <br /><br />Stats or not Hill isn't better than Faried.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#179 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,846 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Wow now I heard everything. Apparently jordan hill is the best offensive rebounder in the game. 

You do know Hill only played 29 games this entire season right. Also he only averaged about 16 mins. That inflates your per 36 or any rating stat allot. I am positive if he played 30+ mins a game for an 82 game season he wouldn't even have close to the stats your putting. 

Alright then buddy

Let's look at his averages when he got minutes when he played then :)

Jordan Hill
22-30 mins: Averaged 9.3 Rebounds

10-15 mins: Averaged 6.5 Rebounds

Jordan Hill averages 3 Rebounds per 8 Minutes.
This means over the course of 32 minutes his rebounds would average out to 12 per game theoretically.
Let's see how legit that would be...
Jordan Hill averages 9.3 Rebounds whenever he plays 22-30 MPG, so the number doesn't seem to be far off.
Why isn't he starting again?

Seriously I have no idea why you're trying to sell that somehow with more minutes he'd have been less efficient or productive :laughing:  

You just can't take being wrong about him I guess. Just like you were wrong about his efficiency dropping when his minutes increased.

I hope you're done now and this whole "if he wasn't getting starter minutes he wouldn't be as efficient and blah blah"

quit it.    You're wrong.

Jordan Hill is the best offensive rebounder in the game.
And he did all this dealing with back spasms.
Imagine him at 100 percent...

Live with it.

Edited by Majesty, April 20, 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#180 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 2,810 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 20, 2013 - 06:39 PM

Alright then buddy

Let's look at his averages when he got minutes when he played then :)

Jordan Hill
22-30 mins: Averaged 9.3 Rebounds
10-15 mins: Averaged 6.5 Rebounds

Seriously I have no idea why you're trying to sell that somehow with more minutes he'd have been less efficient or productive :laughing:

You just can't take being wrong about him I guess. Just like you were wrong about his efficiency dropping when his minutes increased.

I hope you're done now and this whole "if he wasn't getting starter minutes he wouldn't be as efficient and blah blah"

quit it. You're wrong.

Jordan Hill is the best offensive rebounder in the game.
And he did all this dealing with back spasms.
Imagine him at 100 percent...

Live with it.

You know, you'd probably have more civil conversations if you quit using that 'you're wrong. Live with it." crap. You used that same crap on me when you were defending Mike Brown the night before he got fired (lol). It didn't look good then and it doesnt look good now when you do it. Learn how to converse without sounding so condescending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users