Photo

Jordan Hill cleared to play; Available for Game 2 (Pg. 10)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#181 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,344 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 20, 2013 - 06:45 PM

You know, you'd probably have more civil conversations if you quit using that 'you're wrong. Live with it." crap. You used that same crap on me when you were defending Mike Brown the night before he got fired (lol). It didn't look good then and it doesnt look good now when you do it. Learn how to converse without sounding so condescending.

this is true 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#182 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,965 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 20, 2013 - 06:45 PM

You know, you'd probably have more civil conversations if you quit using that 'you're wrong. Live with it." crap. You used that same crap on me when you were defending Mike Brown the night before he got fired (lol). It didn't look good then and it doesnt look good now when you do it. Learn how to converse without sounding so condescending.

Alright from now On I'll just post this

32183-Lakers-bro-deal-with-it-gif-phtM.g

:)

Edited by Majesty, April 20, 2013 - 06:45 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#183 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,956 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:10 PM

Alright then buddy

Let's look at his averages when he got minutes when he played then :)

Jordan Hill
22-30 mins: Averaged 9.3 Rebounds

10-15 mins: Averaged 6.5 Rebounds

Seriously I have no idea why you're trying to sell that somehow with more minutes he'd have been less efficient or productive :laughing:  

You just can't take being wrong about him I guess. Just like you were wrong about his efficiency dropping when his minutes increased.

I hope you're done now and this whole "if he wasn't getting starter minutes he wouldn't be as efficient and blah blah"

quit it.    You're wrong.

Jordan Hill is the best offensive rebounder in the game.
And he did all this dealing with back spasms.
Imagine him at 100 percent...

Live with it.

He played 4 games [expletive]ing games over 22 minutes. 4 games means [expletive]. And lets see the teams he did it too. 

utah twice -14th in rebounding 12, 9 (the second game here favors was out and gasol was out so he better have gotten that many rebounds) oh and btw he score 4 on 1/5 in the first one and he did score 17 but that was again in 30 mins (the highest of any game he has played) and that was with favors out.

Cleveland -22th in rebounding 10 scored 2 points on 1/6

portland -24th in rebounding 8 score 8 points 4-8

Your manipulating data to prove your point and yes more minutes does lower your per 32 stats. When you only play about 13 mins you can go all out when your out there. When your out there for 30 mins you get tired. Especially over a 82 game season. You can keep trying to manipulate stats to prove your point and I can see it. 

Edited by bigfetz, April 20, 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#184 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,244 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:13 PM

:snack:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#185 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,965 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:29 PM

He played 4 games [expletive]ing games over 22 minutes. 4 games means [expletive]. And lets see the teams he did it too. 

utah twice -14th in rebounding 12, 9 (the second game here favors was out and gasol was out so he better have gotten that many rebounds) oh and btw he score 4 on 1/5 in the first one and he did score 17 but that was again in 30 mins (the highest of any game he has played) and that was with favors out.

Cleveland -22th in rebounding 10 scored 2 points on 1/6

portland -24th in rebounding 8 score 8 points 4-8

Your manipulating data to prove your point and yes more minutes does lower your per 32 stats. When you only play about 13 mins you can go all out when your out there. When your out there for 30 mins you get tired. Especially over a 82 game season. You can keep trying to manipulate stats to prove your point and I can see it. 

manipulating data :laughing:    The numbers are exactly what I said they were.

You said that he wouldn't do as well if he played more than 16 minutes he was averaging so I gave you his averages from 22-30 minutes I didn't manipulate that, THAT is what he averaged :)

Want me to break it down more?

22-30 mins: Averaged 9.3 Rebounds
10-15 mins: Averaged 6.5 Rebounds

Funny thing is they'd all average out to about the same at the 32 minute mark.  Why?  Because he was consistent.

You can say I'm manipulating the numbers but I just gave you the numbers he put up when he played extended minutes.  That was your argument and I just gave you the numbers. 

You on the other hand are trying to turn it into now "You're right about his averages.. but the teams were nobodies!"

That wasn't the question was it?  

See, I say what he is, you try to say that if his minutes increased he wouldn't put up numbers close, I put up the times he played extended minutes and they were better than what you thought they'd be so now you are going "Well those teams sucked!"   Which you obviously weren't thinking when you made your statement and only tried to add it to your argument after being wrong again.

I suppose if I gave you a 14 rebound game he had against a top tier rebounding team you'd come back with "yeah but it was just one game!"

The fact is you were wrong that he wouldn't produce in extended minutes.  Doesn't matter if he played the Heat or the generals, when he got 22-30 minutes he produced at nearly 10 rebounds in those opportunities.

You can try to speculate that he wouldn't have still rebounded well as the season went on but you have absolutely no proof that he wouldn't.  While I'll have proof that he produced in extended minutes and have no reason to think he won't.  You on the other hand see he produced well in extended minutes and you think or hope he wouldn't over the course of the season. 

When you were wrong about him producing with minutes increased, then you tried to add another layer to your statement saying "well now it matters what team he faces"

you're like a kid playing 4 square that makes up his own rules and then when you lose the game you add an additional rule to keep the game going till you win :)

This is how it went

I said
"Hill is better"

And then clarified
"Hill is the best offensive rebounder in the league"

You said
"no he isn't"

I said
"Here's the stats that show he is"

You said
"He wouldn't do that in increased minutes."

I said
"Here's his stats in increased minutes."

You said
"Well.. he wouldn't do that in increased minutes against the top rebounding teams in the league! Ha!"

The argument wasn't about what teams he did it against it was about his production dropping in increased minutes.  It didn't.  End of discussion.  Good day sir :)   

If you want to start a separate discussion about What he would have averaged over 82 games against the top 5 rebounding teams in the league on the east and west over the course of those 82 games singularly.  Feel free.  But I already proved my point about his production not dropping, while you continue to try to add layers to your argument till you find a way to be right.  Good day sir  :)   I hope your evening is filled with happiness and green tea. :cool2:

Edited by Majesty, April 20, 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#186 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,956 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:39 PM

I said If he played a whole season at 30+ mins a game he would never get stats like faried. So you gave me a average of 4 games against bad teams in which he did good. Yes that is manipulating data. 

#187 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,956 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Oh and you wanna know why we will never get to see how well he would do 30+ mins in an 82 games season (forgetting the fact that he wouldn't even be able to do that being that he gets injured so much) because he's not that good. And its not like he hasnt been given chances. Every team has seen what he can do and still they know not to have him as a starter. 

#188 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,965 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:47 PM

I said If he played a whole season at 30+ mins a game he would never get stats like faried. So you gave me a average of 4 games against bad teams in which he did good. Yes that is manipulating data. 

I gave you his averages for whenever he played between 22-30 minutes.

I didn't choose the teams he did it against those are the actual stats of him playing 22-30 minutes.

Which was over his averages you said he did play.

Those are the games he played extended minutes.

So how can I manipulate the data if I couldn't manipulate which teams he did it for?  :laughing:   

I didn't reach out to give you "4 bad teams".   I gave you his numbers in extended minutes, no more no less.  

The teams he did it against weren't a choice of mine.  So I can't manipulate that, sorry :)

It's not manipulating the data.  

I gave you his extended minutes stats, which you were contesting he wouldn't produce under. 

That's not "manipulating", you said extended minutes, I gave you his extended minutes stats.   Simple as that really.

If i wanted to manipulate the data I'd have specifically chosen the teams, but I didn't, I gave you his numbers 22-30 mins.  What team he did it against is irrelevant to the point.  The point was extended minutes, not "teams he did it against as well as extended minutes" :)

IF you made the statement

"If (this player) plays 35 minutes he's garbage!"

And I say

"Here's his averages when he plays 35 minutes. They are good numbers, so looks like you're wrong."

It's not manipulating the data, it's responding to your opinion with data with the data relevant.

:smh:

If you'd said "he sucks if he plays more than 10 minutes"  I'd have given you his stats if he played over 10 minutes as they are the ones that would prove your point right or wrong.

I did the same here, and you were wrong.  It's just what it was.

When I'd argue that LeBron wasn't a closer someone would bring up his fourth quarter statistics in the final moments to prove my point right or wrong. 

It's no different.

Edited by Majesty, April 20, 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#189 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,956 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 08:00 PM

IF you made the statement

"If (this player) plays 35 minutes he's garbage!"

And I say

"Here's his averages when he plays 35 minutes. They are good numbers, so looks like you're wrong."

Again 4 games is not a season. A season of 30 + minutes of a whole season is not the same as 4 games. Going full out for 15 minutes can easily get you 6 rebound a game if your an ok rebounder. Thats what hill is an ok rebounder. He's no dwight or no Faried. 

When you play 30+ mins a game you can do what hill gets to do. You have to pace your self. Hill is great at going out there for 5-7 minutes against tired players and get rebounds because he goes all out (a big reason why he's so injury prone). If he were to for instance take paus spot at the 4 he couldnt sustain the effort he give off the bench. Especially having to do it for 82 games. 

#190 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,965 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Again 4 games is not a season. A season of 30 + minutes of a whole season is not the same as 4 games. Going full out for 15 minutes can easily get you 6 rebound a game if your an ok rebounder. Thats what hill is an ok rebounder. He's no dwight or no Faried. 

When you play 30+ mins a game you can do what hill gets to do. You have to pace your self. Hill is great at going out there for 5-7 minutes against tired players and get rebounds because he goes all out (a big reason why he's so injury prone). If he were to for instance take paus spot at the 4 he couldnt sustain the effort he give off the bench. Especially having to do it for 82 games. 

You're aware one of his best rebounding games was a game where he started and played 30+ minutes right?

My main point is, when his minutes increased his numbers rose and he produced extremely well still at almost 10 rebounds. 

You can assume that he would get tired as the season goes along and that his production would drop significantly but that's grasping at "could" and "should".

The thing is, Hill's stamina is pretty good and it discredits him to assume that if he played starter minutes that his production and rebounding would drop.  That's pretty much not wanting to concede that he may produce that well if not better if starting.

What you have is a barometer of the kind of numbers he can produce when playing starter minutes which shows he CAN produce at a higher rate when his minutes are increased. 

Arguing whether or not he'd get tired down the stretch of a season and his production dropping significantly because of it is an entirely different discussion altogether.  

But I will say I don't think that would be the factor at all and I'd think he would continue to produce at an extremely high level, not just his conditioning but his stamina and the fact he plays with that kind of intensity every night I don't think "getting tired" or wearing himself down would be the worry, this is what he's done his entire career and has shown when he plays minutes he produces at high levels.

If you would like to go into whether or not he'd get tired and stop producing I'd ask what proof you'd have in terms of him that such a thing would happen.

Edited by Majesty, April 20, 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#191 KSig

KSig

Rookie

• 202 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean

Posted April 20, 2013 - 08:34 PM

tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif

My two cents, I can't believe this is even being argued.  Hill is not better than Faried, period.

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 08:45 PM

yo.

#193 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,035 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted April 21, 2013 - 01:09 AM

... So I hear Jordan Hill was doing full 5v5 practice.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#194 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,965 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 02:30 AM

... So I hear Jordan Hill was doing full 5v5 practice.

He seems to be beating the timetable rather fast.

Within the span of a week it  went something like this.

Report:
Jordan Hill could start running within a week.

The Next Day:
Jordan Hill ran today. 

Report:

Jordan Hill ran at 70% body weight, he should be amping it up to 100% in another week or two.

The Next Day:
Jordan Hill ran at 100% body weight today, no complications.

Report:
Jordan Hill now running at 100% body weight.  Another 2 to 3 weeks before he can resume basketball activities.

Two Days Later:
Jordan Hill did a full practice today, no complications.

Seems like he's blowing past the times tables.

All about getting in shape and getting his cardio and timing up and not re-injuring his hips. 

I'm glad it wasn't his back, but your hips can be vital especially when fighting for position on rebounds like he does.    So it may take time to get his timing down and his stamina down but he's more than welcome.

Edited by Majesty, April 21, 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#195 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,379 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 21, 2013 - 09:44 AM

If faried came off the bench his numbers would be better than hill.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#196 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,894 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 21, 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'm sure Denver would have no problem giving us Faried in exchange for Hill this off-season. Since he is better, after all.

iyjywo.jpg

#197 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,965 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 11:30 AM

Jordan Hill doing pre-game warmups with the team and is dressed in warmups.

#198 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,965 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 05:24 PM

@LakersReporter 22 Apr

I'm told that Jordan Hill, while progressing, and practicing with the team, has not been cleared for 5 on 5 or contact drills.

#199 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2013 - 09:40 AM

NICE

https://twitter.com/...114351607685121

Three months after hip surgery, Lakers forward Jordan Hill is available and could play in Game 2 against Spurs on Wednesday, sources tell Y!

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#200 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,344 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 24, 2013 - 09:45 AM

YES SIR 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg