116 replies to this topic

#101 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 842 posts
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted April 02, 2013 - 05:41 PM

Someone should hook me up in a PM.

It's 2013.  You don't know how to download music?

#102 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:54 PM

You just said Taylor Swift is a genius? lol I feel like im having a deja vu for whatever reason. There's nothing genius about Taylor Swift (you'll find another person pop up like her sooner than later), can't really say Frank Ocean is as well. He has an above average voice at times, and good lyrics.

taylor swift is absolutely a musical genius. people like her don't pop up. it's why rolling stone called her one of the last true rock stars. yes she has some meaningless music, but have you actually listened to the other stuff on the albums. it's not exactly my favorite type of music at all but her ability to put meaningful thought to page and make it musically beautiful. i don't think you understand what it means to write your own lyrics, have them be meaningful, on top of writing the musical portion of a track. something taylor swift does on the bulk of her songs.

Frank ocean wrote every record on his album except for "fertilizer" which isn't really a song anyways. and his lyrical ability is incredible better than anyone in R&B (especially considering most R&B artists don't even write their own songs)

average voice? lol that's ridiculous. average in comparison to who

Edited by last stand 2.0, April 02, 2013 - 06:55 PM.

Posted Image

#103 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,198 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 02, 2013 - 08:36 PM

haha. taylor swift a rockstar? please don't reference Rolling Stone. Their credibility has lessened throughout the years.  Taylor swift is not a musical genius by any stretch of the imagination. Probably because you are a listener you think that, but to musicians shes nothing special. Obviously, shes talented, she makes catchy songs... some songs that i even can enjoy with my girl, but that doesn't make her a genius.  You are talking to someone that is in a band, that is a main component in constructing songs musically, that has helped write multiple songs and has toured to various places on the west coast.  I help maintain a studio that is starting from nothing. I'm not saying  this to pound my chest or to say i'm superior to anyone or that i'm great or anything. I'm saying this because I understand music and I understand what goes into it is not easy, but hard work.  

Let me correct all this by saying, music is all about personal taste, so its already wrong of me to judge YOUR opinion.  For that I apologize.  Who you think is a musical genius will differ from me.  Thats why i love music.  I'm not even going to list who i think has better voices than Frank, cause it doesn't matter. His sounds doesn't resonance so greatly to ears as it does to yours and thats great.  Music is great.  I respect your opinion, and i hope you respect mine.

taylor swift is absolutely a musical genius. people like her don't pop up. it's why rolling stone called her one of the last true rock stars. yes she has some meaningless music, but have you actually listened to the other stuff on the albums. it's not exactly my favorite type of music at all but her ability to put meaningful thought to page and make it musically beautiful. i don't think you understand what it means to write your own lyrics, have them be meaningful, on top of writing the musical portion of a track. something taylor swift does on the bulk of her songs.

Frank ocean wrote every record on his album except for "fertilizer" which isn't really a song anyways. and his lyrical ability is incredible better than anyone in R&B (especially considering most R&B artists don't even write their own songs)

average voice? lol that's ridiculous. average in comparison to who

ap1.png

#104 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,044 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Taylor Swift? A genius?

ebbeok.jpg

#105 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,237 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 02, 2013 - 08:47 PM

Taylor Swift? A genius?

ebbeok.jpg

Lol Jen going in now!

#106 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 02, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Taylor Swift needs to eat too

But uh not sure what's going on with laststand

Pau Gasol is GONE

#107 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,198 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Taylor Swift needs to eat too

But uh not sure what's going on with laststand

either hes trollin or confused or enjoys his hanna montana hilary duff  and alike lol

ap1.png

• 40,396 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 09:16 PM

Damn really? Six pages for Justin Timberlake? This music section hardly gets much activity to begin with, & of all people Justin Timberlake gets it? Didn't know we had that many Female members here, hah.

yo.

#109 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 02, 2013 - 09:41 PM

It's 2013.  You don't know how to download music?

You're cool.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#110 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,198 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 10:50 PM

Damn really? Six pages for Justin Timberlake? This music section hardly gets much activity to begin with, & of all people Justin Timberlake gets it? Didn't know we had that many Female members here, hah.

Jt is the shiz, Prince is more feminine than JT will ever be and i'm sure you wouldn't put that comment lol

ap1.png

#111 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:31 AM

either hes trollin or confused or enjoys his hanna montana hilary duff  and alike lol

never listened to either of those people

Posted Image

#112 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Taylor Swift? A genius?

ebbeok.jpg

musical genius? yes

genius? no

difference? yes

Posted Image

#113 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:33 AM

and for the record Justin timberlake is an average musician, but an incredible entertainer, one of the most talented individuals on earth.

Posted Image

#114 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,198 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 10:58 AM

musical genius? yes

genius? no

difference? yes

she's still not a musical genius in any sense of the word... Jimi Hendrix was a musical genius,  led zeppelin, Michael Jackson.. beatles, pink floyd... those are musical geniuses

JT is an above average musician, he has a great voice, but his main thing is his etertainment value.

ap1.png

#115 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 11:51 AM

she's still not a musical genius in any sense of the word... Jimi Hendrix was a musical genius, led zeppelin, Michael Jackson.. beatles, pink floyd... those are musical geniuses

JT is an above average musician, he has a great voice, but his main thing is his etertainment value.

I agree all of those people are musical geniuses, but I believe there are different degrees of genius (because there is)

Is she a genius up there with the greatest musical geniuses of all time? No

But as of right now, in this era I absolutely believe she is.
Posted Image

#116 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,044 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Listening to JT's "The 20/20 Experience" album right now. Halfway through at the moment and so far it's pretty good stuff.

Esp like the following songs so far:

-Tunnel Vision

-Strawberry Bubblegum

-Don't Hold the Wall

#117 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 05, 2013 - 09:37 AM

target has 2 extra songs. 1 that is really tight. dancey salsa kinda.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 05, 2013 - 09:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users