Justin Timberlake Is Back!

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#81 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,493 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Racism was and is to this day a principle. A principle can be wrong. Just because you have an opinion or principle doesn't absolve you from being wrong.

To think it is just a matter of different opinion is ridiculous and uninformed

It is a principle for militias in africa to put ak47s in the hands of children, it is principle that justifies genocide within the minds of lunatics

Defending your belief based on principle an opinion is dubious at best.

Those are war crimes committed by (as you said above) lunatics. That has nothing to do with a difference of opinion. Theres no argument here. Believe what you wish, I will do the same. I'm not trying to change your point of view. I understand why you think the way you do and I'm content with that. I dont have to call you a "idiot, racist, ignorant  just to make my opinion more prominent and/or believable. Theres no true justification. The proof there isnt is that were in the beginning of having the same long drawn out debate millions of people have already had. The same debate that ends up at the same starting point because it goes no where in changing anothers views. You have your views and I got mine. Why is that so hard for some to deal with.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#82 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:38 AM

You listen to someone's music who is gay. You've watched movies written by gay people and someone may have wrote a song about a man and you didn't know.

Love is love.

Fgrank Ocean is singing about the griity details of homosexual sex. Just about the way two people love one another

Quite possibly...but who? Usher isn't gay, Isley Bros aren't gay, Jigga isn't gay, Nas isn't gay, Eminem isn't gay. These people haven't used gay lyrics afaik so what are you getting at?

Gay movie makers? What does that have to do with this?

Really don't wanna comment on your love is love quote because we're heading towards territory that's been done over and over here.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#83 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,336 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:46 PM

Man, got some sensitive people in today's world. I have a best friend whose brother is gay, which i'm good friends with, and hes a great guy. If he makes a song about a song filled with innuendoes about making love to another man, I see no reason for me listening to that song. I listen to music and play music that I can attach too. I can't see myself relating about or wanting to relate to such a song. Now, is the song good? i'm sure it would be, i can respect a well made song, doesn't mean i'm going to have it on my playlist. Music is universal, no one's opinion is right or wrong. THAT is the beauty of music.

Oh, Frank ocean doesn't sing incredible to me from the few times i've listened to him, don't understand the hype atm.

ap1.png

#84 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,226 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 01:21 PM

there is a huge difference between listening and deciding an artist or musician is not for you, and choosing to not even listen to someone because of their preferences.

one way is choosing to be ignorant, especially arguing against the music without listening to it, another is not liking someone's music. because you listened and didn't like it.

completely different scenarios. arguing that frank ocean sings about men and Is false advertising without even listening to him is ignorant. listening and then making that same accusation (which wouldn't happen because there are a total of 2 songs each with small one word hints in his entire catalogue that even go in that direction) is a different story.

the issue I have here is people choosing not to even listen to him because of his preference not because they know and have heard him use music to express that preference

Posted Image

#85 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 28, 2013 - 01:41 PM

Isn't he a self-admitted bisexual? So its like common knowledge among people that follow music, right? So you can stop repeating the "ignorance" quip. Whether I've listened to him or not is irrelevant to the fact that he likes men...or is that all a rumor?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#86 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,226 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 02:25 PM

Isn't he a self-admitted bisexual? So its like common knowledge among people that follow music, right? So you can stop repeating the "ignorance" quip. Whether I've listened to him or not is irrelevant to the fact that he likes men...or is that all a rumor?

This is my point. If you have 20 frank ocean songs all about women would you listen?
Posted Image

#87 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,336 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 02:32 PM

there is a huge difference between listening and deciding an artist or musician is not for you, and choosing to not even listen to someone because of their preferences.

one way is choosing to be ignorant, especially arguing against the music without listening to it, another is not liking someone's music. because you listened and didn't like it.

completely different scenarios. arguing that frank ocean sings about men and Is false advertising without even listening to him is ignorant. listening and then making that same accusation (which wouldn't happen because there are a total of 2 songs each with small one word hints in his entire catalogue that even go in that direction) is a different story.

the issue I have here is people choosing not to even listen to him because of his preference not because they know and have heard him use music to express that preference

Like i said, music is about preference. Its about choosing something you prefer over the other. A person has a right to not want to listen to someone due to their morals/principals/ideals. That is common sense, not ignorance. If you do not agree with someone else's principals then you have every right to not want to listen to their art form.  If that person comes around to eventually trying out to listen to their music that is their choice. It is ignorant to try to impose your opinions as a fact of the matter and tell people you are stupid for having a belief as it relates to music that hurts no body except that artist pocket since that person isn't prob going to see them in concert or buy their merch. We are not talking about rather we support gay marriage or anything of that secular point in this thread, we are talking about personal preferences in regards to music.

Edited by RobBlake, March 28, 2013 - 02:33 PM.

ap1.png

#88 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,226 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 03:00 PM

Like i said, music is about preference. Its about choosing something you prefer over the other. A person has a right to not want to listen to someone due to their morals/principals/ideals. That is common sense, not ignorance. If you do not agree with someone else's principals then you have every right to not want to listen to their art form. If that person comes around to eventually trying out to listen to their music that is their choice. It is ignorant to try to impose your opinions as a fact of the matter and tell people you are stupid for having a belief as it relates to music that hurts no body except that artist pocket since that person isn't prob going to see them in concert or buy their merch. We are not talking about rather we support gay marriage or anything of that secular point in this thread, we are talking about personal preferences in regards to music.

What I am doing isn't ignorant in the least. I actually know what the oppositions points are as I've been reading them

On the other hand they don't know anything about frank ocean or his music. Yet they are on here arguing what his music is, what it portrays, what it's lyrics stand for without any knowledge

Aka ignorance
Posted Image

#89 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,493 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted March 28, 2013 - 03:19 PM

lol. no theres not. Theres no diff at all. I dont listen to Justin Bieber. Wanna know why? Cuzz hes a weak ass teenage mark I dont relate to. I dont listen to Beyonce cuzz shes singing about Girl Power. I dont relate. I dont listen to Hannah Montana. She appeals to 12 year old girls in puberty. I dont relate. I dont listen to Frank Ocean. He sings love songs to brohams. I dont relate. All the same thing.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 28, 2013 - 03:20 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#90 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,226 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 03:45 PM

lol. no theres not. Theres no diff at all. I dont listen to Justin Bieber. Wanna know why? Cuzz hes a weak ass teenage mark I dont relate to. I dont listen to Beyonce cuzz shes singing about Girl Power. I dont relate. I dont listen to Hannah Montana. She appeals to 12 year old girls in puberty. I dont relate. I dont listen to Frank Ocean. He sings love songs to brohams. I dont relate. All the same thing.

do you go places and argue against justin bieber, hannah montana, beyonce? if you don't listen don't argue against, 

"he sings love songs to brohams" how would you know? have you listened to him? no. 

Posted Image

#91 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,493 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 04:32 PM

do you go places and argue against justin bieber, hannah montana, beyonce? if you don't listen don't argue against, 

"he sings love songs to brohams" how would you know? have you listened to him? no. 

no I dont argue over them. they exist cuzz theres a market for them. different strokes for different folks.
 And I'm not arguing against this Ocean guy either. I just said my honest opinion. No need to argue it. Its music. theres a variety of different artists because theres a variety of different consumers.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#92 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,731 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 28, 2013 - 04:49 PM

lets try to keep this thread about JT and his new album

Posted Image

#93 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,336 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 05:13 PM

I love JT new album

What I am doing isn't ignorant in the least. I actually know what the oppositions points are as I've been reading them

On the other hand they don't know anything about frank ocean or his music. Yet they are on here arguing what his music is, what it portrays, what it's lyrics stand for without any knowledge

Aka ignorance

I'm not necessarily going at you sorry if it sounded that way, i'm just talking.  I do think anyone is free to listen to who they want.

ap1.png

#94 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,792 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 29, 2013 - 07:59 PM

GA, if you're feeling JTs album, I promise you that you would love Frank Ocean's album

If you're scared about hearing anything homosexual, skip thinking bout you and Forrest Gump

The rest of his album talks about the latest [expletive]ed drugged up generation, prostitution, etc. Dude sings about all types of [expletive] that's both rea/relevant and incredibly tasteful (musically)

2div

#95 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,226 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 08:28 PM

GA, if you're feeling JTs album, I promise you that you would love Frank Ocean's album

If you're scared about hearing anything homosexual, skip thinking bout you and Forrest Gump

The rest of his album talks about the latest [expletive]ed drugged up generation, prostitution, etc. Dude sings about all types of [expletive] that's both rea/relevant and incredibly tasteful (musically)

even thinkin bout you is only hinted. Forrest gump on the other hand while metaphorical still pretty blatant. also i don't even think channel orange and 20/20 are similar. channel orange is an art piece, one of the best albums ever put together IMO

it's realism is incredible, the lyrics are genius (bad religion is one of the greatest R&B songs i have ever heard, Pink matter is genius)

lyrically he is just superior to any R&B artist. while others sing about fluff and generic content Frank actually tells stories and discusses real issues with love, drugs, poverty, wealth, pain

he's the best in the business right now, there is a reason many people believe he should have won the grammy for album of the year, and why he has a top 50 rated album of all time on metacritic. there is a reason why he got a 9.5 on pitchfork which for anyone who knows, something that high is only given to certified classics.

there may be better voices, there may be better guys at singing about nothing, but there is noone in R&B right now carrying the genius of frank ocean. there is a reason guys like Jay-Z, Kanye, Andre 3000 consider this guy the best. 

Posted Image

#96 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,792 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 30, 2013 - 09:43 PM

i'm not saying they're similar at all, but i feel if you're musical palate can stomach JT, you can definitely handle Frank Ocean.

in thinking bout you he says, "my eyes don't shed tears, but boy, they bawl"

before he came out, i thought that was suspect already, but after he came out, i definitely think that song is about a dude

regardless, it's a great song.

and yes i'm straight.

haha

2div

#97 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,905 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 01, 2013 - 10:58 PM

Someone should hook me up in a PM.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#98 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,336 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 12:12 AM

even thinkin bout you is only hinted. Forrest gump on the other hand while metaphorical still pretty blatant. also i don't even think channel orange and 20/20 are similar. channel orange is an art piece, one of the best albums ever put together IMO

it's realism is incredible, the lyrics are genius (bad religion is one of the greatest R&B songs i have ever heard, Pink matter is genius)

lyrically he is just superior to any R&B artist. while others sing about fluff and generic content Frank actually tells stories and discusses real issues with love, drugs, poverty, wealth, pain

he's the best in the business right now, there is a reason many people believe he should have won the grammy for album of the year, and why he has a top 50 rated album of all time on metacritic. there is a reason why he got a 9.5 on pitchfork which for anyone who knows, something that high is only given to certified classics.

there may be better voices, there may be better guys at singing about nothing, but there is noone in R&B right now carrying the genius of frank ocean. there is a reason guys like Jay-Z, Kanye, Andre 3000 consider this guy the best. 

We can tell you love the guy, but he's cool one of the better artist today... won't attach the genius label quite yet however

ap1.png

#99 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,226 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 07:59 AM

We can tell you love the guy, but he's cool one of the better artist today... won't attach the genius label quite yet however

he's not even my favorite artist. i'd put him 5th or 6th right now. but I easily attach the genius label to him just like I would to taylor swift. some people are born with the ability to put meaningful thought to page and have it be entertaining for the masses.

Christopher Nolan is another example. someone who makes art films make billions of dollars. that's rare. most of the time its one or the other. entertaining  or menaningful.

those select few, very select few who can do both at such an elite level are geniuses

Posted Image

#100 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,336 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 08:38 AM

he's not even my favorite artist. i'd put him 5th or 6th right now. but I easily attach the genius label to him just like I would to taylor swift. some people are born with the ability to put meaningful thought to page and have it be entertaining for the masses.

Christopher Nolan is another example. someone who makes art films make billions of dollars. that's rare. most of the time its one or the other. entertaining  or menaningful.

those select few, very select few who can do both at such an elite level are geniuses

You just said Taylor Swift is a genius? lol I feel like im having a deja vu for whatever reason. There's nothing genius about Taylor Swift (you'll find another person pop up like her sooner than later), can't really say Frank Ocean is as well. He has an above average voice at times, and good lyrics.

ap1.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users