#41 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,315 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted March 17, 2013 - 04:58 PM

I LOVE JT!!!!!!!

Amazing album just by now I have listened to it 72 hours and now I feel that I am finally getting attached to it!

I love jT :)

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#42 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 17, 2013 - 05:06 PM

i'm not sure what to say to those who don't feel JT... i definitely respect your tastes, but this is nothing like the other bull[expletive] mainstream r&b out nowadays.

to me, JT, frank ocean, and miguel are taking r&b and making it their own. it's not the same cut & paste r&b we're hearing from other mainstream artists like trey songz, biebz, and (i hate to say it but...) usher among other artists

The Weeknd's Trilogy is great as well

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

• 40,395 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Why'd this dude straighten his hair? What's wrong with curly hair? Not that mine is, but just curious.

yo.

#44 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,315 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted March 17, 2013 - 07:39 PM

I ALSO HAVE CURLY HAIR :) :) Like JT !!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#45 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2013 - 12:14 PM

I read it "Justin TImberlake is black"  :laughing:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#46 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,177 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 18, 2013 - 03:02 PM

what's wrong with "pop" rnb? im not even sure what that means. So, if JT was underground, would that make it cooler to listen to him? Idc, yes radio artist/club artist for the most part are cookie cutter and make generic songs, but JT is not generic. I don't like many "pop" artist, but JT is one of the few musicians that are doing it right. Now if you don't like his music, that's just your preference  but i'd listen to the radio more if they had this kind of music on it.

I love his new album

ap1.png

#47 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 04:50 PM

Timberlake music is part of the reason I don't listen to music on the radio.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#48 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,177 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 18, 2013 - 11:25 PM

Why? because its not overly explicit?  because its not cool to listen to justin timberlake? cause he was in Nsync? Maybe because i have my own personal exp. in music which is why i can appreciate how talented JT really is. Its ok not to like the guy or the music, but i think hes brilliant for his genre of music.  I emphasize genre.  He doesn't need autotuned gimmicky vocal effects, and he makes music that fits on an album. Most of the stuff you hear on the radio is trash, and just has a bunch of singles on their cd and for bad reasons. Cannot say the same for Justin.

https://www.youtube....?v=UHOQWAJCAw8

ap1.png

#49 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 19, 2013 - 02:59 AM

It's always the same argument. But I don't like radio RnB either lol. I don't care for overly explicit and auto tune. I'll give his new cd another spin though

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#50 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,393 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 21, 2013 - 06:51 AM

Windu I thought you would support this JT effort cuzz he says:

Stop, let me get a good look at it
Oh, so thick, now I know why they call it a fatty
And aww, [expletive]'s so sick, got a hit and picked up a habit

JT is trying to introduce us white dudes to the thickness man. Ya gotta give it up to him for that.

#51 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,393 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted March 21, 2013 - 03:48 PM

yo, this is ridiculously tight

#52 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,393 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 03:16 PM

JTs album sales are almost double initial projections.

850-900,000 before the weekend started.

"20/20 Experience?" More like "850/900 Experience." Industry sources now forecast that Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" could sell between 850,000 and 900,000 by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, March 24.

To bring you up to speed: On May 11 -- before the RCA Records album came out on March 19 -- Billboard first reported that the album was headed for at least 500,000. Then, once the album did drop, its sales projection jumped to 750,000 on the 20th, 800,000 on the 21st and now 850,000 to 900,000 today.

Could "20/20" go over 900,000? It's quite possible, if the set performs strongly over the weekend. With its massive sales, "20/20" will instantly become the year's top selling album.

http://www.billboard...ing-even-bigger

#53 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 05:55 PM

not listening to frank ocean because he's a bisexual? that is incredibly unenlightened to say the least windu, disappointed.

noone is even on Frank's level right now when it comes to R&B. having said that i enjoyed JTs album. wasn't groundbreaking or special but it was definitely a solid album. 

some great songs, some average songs, some bad songs. 

Posted Image

#54 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Why'd this dude straighten his hair? What's wrong with curly hair? Not that mine is, but just curious.

i wondered if he did that. i also wonder if he did it permanently or just had someone straighten it with a straightener. i have straightened my hair as well. it's just easier to handle TBH though mine wasn't as curly as his

Posted Image

#55 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 08:09 PM

not listening to frank ocean because he's a bisexual? that is incredibly unenlightened to say the least windu, disappointed.

Now that I know he's double-minded, his music wouldn't appeal to me as a heterosexual man.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#56 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 08:20 PM

Now that I know he's double-minded, his music wouldn't appeal to me as a heterosexual man.

thats ridiculous. that's just a cop out. not to mention the amount of songs he sings about men is a small portion of his music. only really 2 songs are about men (thinking bout you and forrest gump) the others are either ambiguous or strictly about women. 

love themes are also universal from both ends. he doesn't sing about blowing dudes. it's all just love, and he's the best at it. grown up music with grown up themes. he's by far the best lyricist in R&B and it's not close.

Posted Image

#57 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm just telling you what I think...it's not a cop-out. He has an affection for men and as you said...he illustrates it in his music.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#58 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm just telling you what I think...it's not a cop-out. He has an affection for men and as you said...he illustrates it in his music.

So by your claim, you will not listen to any songs by women regarding love as well. So no beyonce, or Rihanna
Posted Image

#59 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 09:21 AM

How are you trying to relate the two???

I don't listen to Beyonce nor Rihanna anyway.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#60 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,038 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 09:29 AM

So by your claim, you will not listen to any songs by women regarding love as well. So no beyonce, or Rihanna

I think you're missing his (Windu's) point.

Edited by JEN, March 26, 2013 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users