80 replies to this topic

#61 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:02 PM

Thats why i said we need guys to stretch the floor. Tyreke does not stretch the floor. Obviously i know tyreke can penetrate, but remember the will be clogged with Dwight. Read comments from Kings fans. Tyreke needs to be the primary ball handler on the team to be effective. Ever since he's been playing off the ball he has not been as effective. Im not saying hes not a good player, just might not be the right fit for this team...and develop a jump shot huh? How long are we supposed to wait for that?

i agree that we'd have to wait forever on his J. but, dont think so simply about stretching the floor - penetration on late close-outs by a defender is very effective. also , tyreke would lead the 2nd unit, he'd be the primary ball handler.

#62 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:05 PM

Thats why i said we need guys to stretch the floor. Tyreke does not stretch the floor. Obviously i know tyreke can penetrate, but remember the will be clogged with Dwight. Read comments from Kings fans. Tyreke needs to be the primary ball handler on the team to be effective. Ever since he's been playing off the ball he has not been as effective. Im not saying hes not a good player, just might not be the right fit for this team...and develop a jump shot huh? How long are we supposed to wait for that?

He would be probably be the primary ball handler off the bench when dwight and nash are not on the floor. He most likely would not start. He averaged 20 ppg driving 80 percent of the time in his rookie year. If he works on it, his jump shot will improve.

And if we can get Rudy Gay for Pau i'd go crazy.

Edited by Ham, January 10, 2013 - 03:07 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#63 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 446 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Mad Dog

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:07 PM

i agree that we'd have to wait forever on his J. but, dont think so simply about stretching the floor - penetration on late close-outs by a defender is very effective. also , tyreke would lead the 2nd unit, he'd be the primary ball handler.

Yeah I can see him working coming off the bench, but if we are trading Pau, maybe our one and only trade chip, we need to somehow acquire a shooter that can play with Nash. Our team shoots a lot of three's but we havent been converting of late, one of the many reasons for our losing streak
Today I'm a prime minister and Today i passed a bill that gave kittens to life prisoners

#64 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:10 PM

He would be probably be the primary ball handler off the bench when dwight and nash are not on the floor. He most likely would not start. He averaged 20 ppg driving 80 percent of the time in his rookie year. If he works on it, his jump shot will improve.

And if we can get Rudy Gay for Pau i'd go crazy.

you dont think hes been working on his jumper ,for years? cmon man, every player wants to take their game to the next level; especially players on the brink of superstardom

#65 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 446 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:15 PM

you dont think hes been working on his jumper ,for years? cmon man, every player wants to take their game to the next level; especially players on the brink of superstardom

Exactly. If a player is not a good shooter by his 3-5 year in the league, then it is what it is. With some exceptions like Jason Kidd, many guards who are not great shooters wont magically become better over 1 summer. Chances are they work on their jumper a lot, but they are just not game time shooters
Today I'm a prime minister and Today i passed a bill that gave kittens to life prisoners

#66 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Exactly. If a player is not a good shooter by his 3-5 year in the league, then it is what it is. With some exceptions like Jason Kidd, many guards who are not great shooters wont magically become better over 1 summer. Chances are they work on their jumper a lot, but they are just not game time shooters

this is exactly the case with evans. ive seen video after video of him making jumpers in practice/summer league games,,, he doesnt miss a jumper if its not in an nba game. honestly, he just has funky mechanics, he naturally shoots a fadeaway jumper ; thats all bad,every shooter will tell you that you gotta go straight up and down

#67 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:18 PM

I like Tyreke, but I don't see him fitting in this roster. I doubt he will be willing to come of the bench. He's a ball dominant player and with Nash and Kobe around, I just don't see it.

#68 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:21 PM

I like Tyreke, but I don't see him fitting in this roster. I doubt he will be willing to come of the bench. He's a ball dominant player and with Nash and Kobe around, I just don't see it.

he can work. he can play in both units. and in the first unit he can be effective driving to the hoop, by blowing by defenders closing out on him, after nash kicks him the ball

#69 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,548 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:22 PM

I wish they could get this done before trade deadline day. We just don't got the time to wait.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 03:23 PM

Did you guys skip the part where it said he noticeably got thicker? We dont need a fat [expletive] on this team.

That's not even worth concern really. Guarantee you get him to a new change of scenery, especially a place like ours (DESPITE our current situation), he'd be rejuvenated and motivated, especially playing along the likes of such respectable and consumate professional legends in Mamba & Nash as well as Dwight (who isn't exactly a legend, but just someone who might be fun to be around with tis why mentioned).

yo.

#71 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Fan Since:im just a fan of kobe since he always wows me
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 11, 2013 - 12:13 AM

I dont know I feel like this guy has mental problems... he says he has a sore knee and doctorS say he doesnt. From what I heard from my friend that this guy is a ball hog that likes to shoot a lot, kobe and d12 already demand the ball a lot, so if somehow he becomes a laker I dont see him being in the starting line up. One things for sure, he's better than antawn :laughing:

#72 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 14, 2013 - 06:47 AM

I would love to see him in a Laker uniform. You would really see that Rookie performance with LA motivation behind Tyreke but not at the expense of one of the only Big Men we have left. Secondly Tyreke would be great in a Phil Jackson system. Hint Hint.

Edited by lakersince75, January 14, 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#73 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 14, 2013 - 09:09 AM

I would love to see him in a Laker uniform. You would really see that Rookie performance with LA motivation behind Tyreke but not at the expense of one of the only Big Men we have left. Secondly Tyreke would be great in a Phil Jackson system. Hint Hint.

We have 2......Pau and Howard. lol

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#74 Nightmare

Nightmare

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted January 14, 2013 - 09:46 AM

No credible source anywhere about the Lakers being interested in Evans.

#75 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 1,699 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 14, 2013 - 10:10 AM

He can be our James Harden version from last years' Thunder team.

#76 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 752 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 10:28 AM

No credible source anywhere about the Lakers being interested in Evans.

With the Lakers, there almost never is 'til the day a trade happens :cool2:

#77 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted January 16, 2013 - 09:20 AM

He can be our James Harden version from last years' Thunder team.

Sure. If James Harden was an inefficient ballhog.

I would assume a 6'6' PG would be able to guard effectively. Guess not. All I know is that he has crazy handles and drives in for all of his points. I never watched him really play but I heard he's been in decline because of injury and lack of development.

Tyreke is not and never has been a PG. He can't run an offense.

Props for being the only person in this thread who knows what they're talking about.

Tyreke is as bad a fit as any I can imagine on this Laker squad. He has tunnel vision, he can't run an offense, he can't shoot, he needs the ball to be effective, he struggles playing off the ball and he struggles to co-exist with other high-volume scorers (He struggled to play off Marcus Thornton, how do you think he'll react to Kobe, lol)

Trading for him would be a massive risk. Not even a case of "High risk, High reward" more like "Super-mega high risk, good reward". Not to mention I can't think of a realistic trade. Kings don't want Pau (All that'll do is hinder JT and T-Rob's development while creating a logjam at the PF spot) or any scrubs from the end of the bench.

Give up on Tyreke. Rudy Gay would be a much better option.

Posted Image

#78 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 446 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Sure. If James Harden was an inefficient ballhog.

Tyreke is not and never has been a PG. He can't run an offense.

Props for being the only person in this thread who knows what they're talking about.

Tyreke is as bad a fit as any I can imagine on this Laker squad. He has tunnel vision, he can't run an offense, he can't shoot, he needs the ball to be effective, he struggles playing off the ball and he struggles to co-exist with other high-volume scorers (He struggled to play off Marcus Thornton, how do you think he'll react to Kobe, lol)

Trading for him would be a massive risk. Not even a case of "High risk, High reward" more like "Super-mega high risk, good reward". Not to mention I can't think of a realistic trade. Kings don't want Pau (All that'll do is hinder JT and T-Rob's development while creating a logjam at the PF spot) or any scrubs from the end of the bench.

Give up on Tyreke. Rudy Gay would be a much better option.

Agreed. If any player will help this team its a wing player ala Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson, etc that can run the wings with Nash and spread the floor for Dwight, and at the same time complement Kobe on the perimeter. We see flashes of this from Ron, but way too inconsistent for a team that wants to get back to the top

#79 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 01:41 PM

@ShaqWhereUAt
tyreke CAN run an offense,of course he can(he ran one for a year, and he still does at times)youre just a tyreke hater,maybe cuz you dont see him fitting on this team; which is a correct assessment,i think.
i dont see tyreke fitting with the first unit, even tho he'd be GREAT for our 2nd unit(which needs a player who can create O off the dribble)
the first unit needs more of a defender/shooter at the 3rd wing.

#80 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:07 AM

@ShaqWhereUAt
tyreke CAN run an offense,of course he can(he ran one for a year, and he still does at times)youre just a tyreke hater,maybe cuz you dont see him fitting on this team; which is a correct assessment,i think.
i dont see tyreke fitting with the first unit, even tho he'd be GREAT for our 2nd unit(which needs a player who can create O off the dribble)
the first unit needs more of a defender/shooter at the 3rd wing.

I'm a Tyreke hater? Grow up and stop denouncing people as a "Hater" when they criticise something. Especially if it's something they know more about than you (Kings fan and Tyreke is one of my favourite players, has been since draft day)

No, Tyreke can not run an offense. I've seen enough of him play to know this. His "running an offense" constitutes dribbling for a few seconds, putting his head down, lunging himself towards the basket and either attempting to finish, or kicking it out to somebody else. That's why he had an incredible rookie season and hasn't done much since. Tyreke does very very little in terms of "running the offense", mainly when he gets the ball it's some form iso designed for him to score or kick out - DMC and Isaiah are the guys who run the offense. Running the offense through Tyreke was tried last year and only worked for a span of 8 games or so before it all went down the [expletive]ter.

The only offense Tyreke can run is the Mike Brown Cleveland offense. Tyreke is nowhere near as good as LeBron, a Laker team with Kobe, Nash, Dwight and Pau have no business putting the ball in Tyreke's hands that often, and as a result Tyreke would hurt this team more than help. I could see him averaging 11/4/3 on about 42% in LA.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users