Photo

Earl Clark (Will Start Vs. OKC And Guard Durant)

backup SF

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#81 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:51 PM

Can't wait to see him playing for tomorrow game I wonder if he can keep that, I'm not going to complain if he gets to many misses in long range jumper since those jumper are hard to connect but his rebounding and effort skill must be check or otherwise bench him.

33bkfif.jpg

#82 LakeShowTime

LakeShowTime

16x champs

• 1,435 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted January 10, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hope Earl Clark plays more minutes tomorrow, 22 point game against a good Spurs team shows his potential

1i5mo.gif

#83 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,315 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted January 11, 2013 - 04:41 AM

lmao watch him shut down Durant

#84 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2013 - 05:08 AM

Not that i don't believe he has great potential but seeing the Nation this desperate is killing me. All of a sudden Earl Clark is our Jesus. But at least we can know what to expect from him. He has energy, he hustles and let's see if he actually has that sweet jumper. Even if he doesn't have that jumper, he still deserves to be a part of our rotation(?). Oh btw, he guarded 3 different positions 3,4 and 5 and did a pretty good job.

#85 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kara no Kyoukai

• 8,464 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 06:21 AM

Lol, it's just a nice surprise someone outside of the players we expect to perform by hustling and being active on both ends of the court (Hill) actually does something and steps up.

MMiRi9s.png

#86 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,113 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 06:25 AM

I don't care if he had played only one game. It wasn't against scrubs. It was against Spurs system. Same thing that caused Miami to sweat. You can see he has couple of real quality assets, like his body control in that size (6'10), ability to drive into lane, not hogging the ball, pure unselfish basketball. You give him the confidence, Lakers gain one hell of a player out of nowhere. You can play him together with Hill and Meeks in 2nd lineup and at the very least hold your ground against other teams' bench.

#87 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 1,674 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 11, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Clarksanity begins tonight! :rock:

#88 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:09 AM

RT @LakersReporter: Earl Clark will start tonight against OKC, alongside Nash, Kobe, MWP & Sacre. He’ll start out defending Durant. #DukeofEarl

#89 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,319 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:10 AM

clarksanity ahahahaha!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#90 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,087 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:11 AM

Here we go!

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#91 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Lets see if Clark can stay consistent...hope he does well tonight.

#92 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,315 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:19 AM

Shut down Durant! and I will buy your jersey.

#93 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Fan Since:im just a fan of kobe since he always wows me
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:20 AM

Guarding durant is too much lol, so I dont blame him if he cant stop him, but out of everyone on the team he's the only one who can.

#94 Twenty_Four

Twenty_Four

Rookie

• 246 posts
  • Fav. Laker:black mamba

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:29 AM

if he has a good game tonight then at least he'll give us something to look forward to

Posted Image

#95 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:35 AM

lmao watch him shut down Durant

A player who has been playing limited minutes his whole career?!? shut down durant?!? I hope you don't believe that

#96 Twenty_Four

Twenty_Four

Rookie

• 246 posts
  • Fav. Laker:black mamba

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:38 AM

A player who has been playing limited minutes his whole career?!? shut down durant?!? I hope you don't believe that

I think he may have been joking but he's motivated, has a high motor and is a fairly good defender. He might not be able to shut him down but he can try and make things difficult for durant.

Posted Image

#97 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:42 AM

Statistically, over the last two seasons, I believe Kobe has the best defense against Durant on this team...better than Ron. He also defends Durant better than LeBron, which is surprising, honestly, when you take into consideration the two roles on offense.

Before the last two seasons, I believe Ron was defending Durant better than anyone in the NBA, if I recall correctly (again, by the numbers, but it was obvious when you watched the games). Ron was really the only guy I saw that could hold Durant to under 40% shooting in back-to-back nights, without much help at all. That Ron Artest is long gone.

Athletic, long players have a shot, but Clark will need to play physical defense. He could be in foul trouble early, which would hurt us because we'll need him on the offensive end as well. And we can't stick Kobe on Durant much because, quite frankly, Kobe is the only guy on our team that can dump 25+ points on the Thunder in heavy traffic.

#98 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,315 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:49 AM

I was just joking haha. I don't expect him to do like he did in SAS

#99 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Statistically, over the last two seasons, I believe Kobe has the best defense against Durant on this team...better than Ron. He also defends Durant better than LeBron, which is surprising, honestly, when you take into consideration the two roles on offense.

Before the last two seasons, I believe Ron was defending Durant better than anyone in the NBA, if I recall correctly (again, by the numbers, but it was obvious when you watched the games). Ron was really the only guy I saw that could hold Durant to under 40% shooting in back-to-back nights, without much help at all. That Ron Artest is long gone.

Athletic, long players have a shot, but Clark will need to play physical defense. He could be in foul trouble early, which would hurt us because we'll need him on the offensive end as well. And we can't stick Kobe on Durant much because, quite frankly, Kobe is the only guy on our team that can dump 25+ points on the Thunder in heavy traffic.

This game will say alot about Clark and how we will use him going forward it's kind of messed up he has to guard Durant after having such a great game

#100 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:55 AM

Not that i don't believe he has great potential but seeing the Nation this desperate is killing me. All of a sudden Earl Clark is our Jesus. But at least we can know what to expect from him. He has energy, he hustles and let's see if he actually has that sweet jumper. Even if he doesn't have that jumper, he still deserves to be a part of our rotation(?). Oh btw, he guarded 3 different positions 3,4 and 5 and did a pretty good job.

aaactually he guarded the SG spot ,too.(And he did amazing) shut manu down a few times, stayed in front of him and forced him to pick up his dribble,almost forced turnovers. this is why im confident that he'll play good D on Durant. we may just have the best "durant stopper in the league" ok, i should have said "durant container" but he shut manu DOWN, maybe he can do the same with durant

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, January 11, 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users