Photo

Earl Clark (Will Start Vs. OKC And Guard Durant)

backup SF

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#181 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 15, 2013 - 02:15 PM

I wonder if this guy really knows how popular he is now.

#182 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2013 - 03:29 PM

Earl "The Pearl" Clark = the next Paul George you heard it here first guyz

#183 Rad

Rad

• 1,632 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hopefully the FO doesn't trade him.

#184 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:24 PM

Earl "The Pearl" Clark = the next Paul George you heard it here first guyz

george is a Sf. i think Clark thrives at Pf, so no, not close actually. earl is josh smith-like

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, January 15, 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#185 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:47 PM

george is a Sf. i think Clark thrives at Pf, so no, not close actually. earl is josh smith-like

Actually he is a SG for the Pacers and has moved to the Small Forward in Grangers Absence but Earl Clark is a combo forward who can play the Small Forward and Power Forward... and he seems to be smart enough to pass the ball so he can definitely get time at the small forward position

as long as he can defend and hit jump shots and rebound he will have a place for this team

#186 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Actually he is a SG for the Pacers and has moved to the Small Forward in Grangers Absence but Earl Clark is a combo forward who can play the Small Forward and Power Forward... and he seems to be smart enough to pass the ball so he can definitely get time at the small forward position

as long as he can defend and hit jump shots and rebound he will have a place for this team

i said earl thrives at Pf, i made this thread(before the Spurs game) saying that Earl should be our backup SF, i know he can play both positions. from what ive seen, id like him at Pf, he has more of an advantage on O at PF, and he contests hella shots at the rim.

and btw,earl has a place on this team without him hitting Jumpers.at the 4 ala jordan hill, or at the 3 ala matt barnes(who didnt shoot well for us). (read the OP of why i think he can help this team without a jumper) with a jumper tho, he can be our starting Pf,and we can trade pau for wings.

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, January 15, 2013 - 05:29 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#187 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:02 PM

decent game. didn't score much but got 9 boards.

#188 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:10 PM

Stuffing the stat sheet like crazy, 5th straight game with at least 9rebs and 3 assists. Keep it up :rock:

On his birthday Thursday hes gonna be asked to guard Lebron. Good luck :laughing:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#189 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,214 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Stuffing the stat sheet like crazy, 5th straight game with at least 9rebs and 3 assists. Keep it up :rock:

On his birthday Thursday hes gonna be asked to guard Lebron. Good luck :laughing:

That is going to be very fun to watch. I think he has a decent chance of containing lebron. With that said, I think Lebum will drop 35/9/8

#190 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,717 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:28 PM

I think Clark will stay with the lakers in the future.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#191 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,214 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:44 PM

I thought that about sessions. I miss him on our team. I thought he would get some all star votes this year.

#192 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:55 PM

At what point does Kupchak say "Screw it" and just coach the team himself? He keeps finding guys who can play -- not necessarily All-Stars mind you, but useful NBA players -- and it practically requires a court order to get them unstuck from the end of the bench.

#193 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 11:12 PM

decent game. didn't score much but got 9 boards.

considering his minutes,he had a good game,bro,not decent. you cant expect this kid to score, hes not a good shooter..
he didnt score,but he had some great assist,got our team points. he grabbed some GREAT rebounds,i mean Jordan HIll-esq rebounds where he outjumps people in traffic. you could say it was just a decent game for Earl,because he didnt have a great impact on D,like he has in recent games,,but, you cant say it was only a decent game for him because he didnt score much.
(HES A HUSTLE PLAYER PEOPLE)

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, January 15, 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#194 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,710 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 15, 2013 - 11:53 PM

Honestly, I think Clark is looking so good for Laker fans because he's doing exactly what Pau should be doing. I'm not asking an 18 and 10 average from the guy, but his hustle really shows why younger teams with many players in their primes are striving.

Part of me can't wait for the day we revamp the roster with youth and athleticism to partner up with Dwight. Of course, I want Kobe and Nash to win a couple before leaving us :cry:

#195 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 01:13 AM

Let's stop comparing earl clark to anyone. If anything he's just a role player. A glue guy. An Ariza, haslem type. Guy who doesn't disrupt things (pau and Ron) and allows stars to be stars by knowing to play off of them and hustle

Honestly it's refreshing to have an athlete that actually understands his place. This reminds me of when Shannon brown first got playing time here. Was running all over the place and taking leftovers. Then he thought he was Kobe and started chucking

This also reminds me of when mike d'antoni inserted Jared Jeffries in new York and everything flowed smoother

Every elite team has a glue guy or two in the starting lineup

Heat have chalmers and battier
Thunder have thabo and Perkins
Spurs are one big blob of glue

Honestly with Clark just being an athlete and unselfish he's allowed everything else to fall into place. Less screwed up rotations less ball stoppage has done wonders

It's sad that we had so many players submarining this by just not understanding who they are (artest) or just not being able to move (pau)

I guess there is a reason big 3s and duos work but big 4s don't. Too much ball stoppage, not enough movement

Just trade pau for some starting defensive guard who plays off the ball and 2 bench players( big and wing) and I'm happy
Posted Image

#196 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson

Posted January 16, 2013 - 02:49 AM

poor man's Lamar Odom before he got traded and cried

#197 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,941 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 16, 2013 - 06:03 AM

D'Antoni said after the game that Pau was still a starter. Boooo!

He kind of hemmed and hawed a bit, but it was still his point that when Pau returns, Clark goes back to the bench. Sadly, I don't think Clark gives us what we need off the bench, especially if he's playing with the likes of Jamison/Sacre/Duhon/etc.

Let Pau back up Dwight and play in the post, where he is most useful. He's out of shape. Slow-footed. Doesn't defend/get back on defense, and he misses open jumpers.

The Lakers are 2-0 when Kobe/Nash/Dwight are in the starting line-up and Pau doesn't play. That is our best combination as I see it.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#198 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,036 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 16, 2013 - 06:17 AM

He kind of hemmed and hawed a bit, but it was still his point that when Pau returns, Clark goes back to the bench. Sadly, I don't think Clark gives us what we need off the bench, especially if he's playing with the likes of Jamison/Sacre/Duhon/etc.

Let Pau back up Dwight and play in the post, where he is most useful. He's out of shape. Slow-footed. Doesn't defend/get back on defense, and he misses open jumpers.

The Lakers are 2-0 when Kobe/Nash/Dwight are in the starting line-up and Pau doesn't play. That is our best combination as I see it.

It's probably more useful just to trade him.

#199 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 16, 2013 - 06:20 AM

dont lakers usually get rid of their bright young players?
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#200 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted January 16, 2013 - 06:21 AM

I agree fully. I couldn't care less how much Pau gets paid. If he can't be traded, then I rather him come off the bench at this point in time. Clark is not a better player than Pau, but he does everything that Pau doesn't do. Defends on the perimiter, contests shots consistently, hustles, and grabs boards with his athleticism. He plays with a motor that Pau just doesn't have. Kobe (being dialed in on defense), Artest, Clark, and Dwight is the team's best defensive line up and it can cause problems for opposing teams.

The offense can still run fluidly with Nash in the line up also. Pau isn't even needed in the starting line up for the offense to be smooth.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users