#61 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:16 PM

That's the key right there. Dwight may not be in the same level as Shaq, but there's nobody currently in the league that is on the same level as a healthy Dwight.

Exactly. The guy has already proven to be as good if not better at his current state. As the team gels (eventually) and he gets healthier he will be just as effective as his Magic days. This whole conversation will be forgotten sooner rather than later.

#62 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:12 PM

dwight is great defensively and really bad offensively.

He has to be fed the ball to be effective.

if this back injury permanently robs dwight of his athleticism and jumping ability we have a under developed low post scorer to base the future of the franchise on.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#63 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 10, 2013 - 06:47 AM

and comparing Drew to D12 will never stop. Say what you want but drew helped us win 2 chips. It seems that whatever drew did, or maybe didnt do, worked well in the system. D12 is the exact opposite of that. it seems nothing works. But that may change with more playing time. Obviously Drew had PJ drawing up the game plans and D12 has had Mr. Potato Head and Mr. Pringles doing it. So big disadvantage for D12. I cant knock that excuse as not being legitimate.....lol. Again, maybe we get BShaw, or Skiles or kerr or somebody with a brain who can coach and make the pieces fit. Maybe not. All speculation again.
And its true Drew got hurt bowling, but cause and effect, if he was never traded, he wouldnt have went bowling in Philly. He may have never been injured. He could be with us right now going for 20/10 and I believe our record would be 8-10 games better that it is now. Thats speculation of course. Maybe he would have been injured doing something else. Thats speculation to.

Bynum made gr8 plays for LAkers when he was in street clothes not playing. Thats when LA had their best success so Stop with this bullsheet above.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#64 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:11 AM

I said it before he was traded to the Lakers. Bynum is better overall player than him, I'd rather have an injury-prone Bynum than this overrated Superman who can't score and hit free throws. Defensively? Bynum was a better defensive anchor, he blocked less shots but he surely altered way more than Howard. Howard's IQ and talent is terrible, his only strength is his amazing, outstanding athleticism which will soon begin to decline.

Edited by Nak, January 10, 2013 - 07:14 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#65 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:17 AM

I said it before he was traded to the Lakers. Bynum is better overall player than him, I'd rather have an injury-prone Bynum than this overrated Superman who can't score and hit free throws. Defensively? Bynum was a better defensive anchor, he blocked less shots but he surely altered way more than Howard.

That is not true. People like you need to stop saying this bull[expletive]

Bitter LA fans are mad because DH isn't putting up MVP type numbers on a [expletive]ty team with a [expletive]ty coach. Bynum has one thing and one thing only over DH: better back to the basket offensive player.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#66 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,981 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:47 AM

There was a time when people thought the Lakers should trade Kobe. (Multiple times, really). Management wisely held on and reaped the rewards.

There will be plenty of discussion about trading Howard. I think Lakers management know more about his back and his expected recovery than anyone else. I think they realize they have been handed one of the top 5 talents in the game, and someone who could return to being one of the 2-3 most significant forces in the game over the next year.

They won't let him go unless they know the back issues are going to present a bigger issue than expected.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#67 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hi, to us you are just another idiot with a couple of posts that feels the need to vent his idiotic thoughts that nobody here agrees with except the other idiots gtfo.

#68 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 10, 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hi, to us you are just another idiot with a couple of posts that feels the need to vent his idiotic thoughts that nobody here agrees with except the other idiots gtfo.

the purpose of forum boards is too share ideas, from both perspectives, via open discussion concerning all topics.

If all you want is a "I wanna blow dwight howard circle jerk" then there really is no point of having a forum board.

Please ask one of the web admins to post a disclaimer on the front page stating that this site should only allow posts related to Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard circle jerk threads. That way other posters and site members will understand the integrity of this site.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#69 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 10, 2013 - 11:50 AM

I said it before he was traded to the Lakers. Bynum is better overall player than him, I'd rather have an injury-prone Bynum than this overrated Superman who can't score and hit free throws. Defensively? Bynum was a better defensive anchor, he blocked less shots but he surely altered way more than Howard. Howard's IQ and talent is terrible, his only strength is his amazing, outstanding athleticism which will soon begin to decline.

I guess idioticy is contagious. :facepalm:
htCCl0m.png

#70 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009

Posted January 10, 2013 - 11:55 AM

the purpose of forum boards is too share ideas, from both perspectives, via open discussion concerning all topics.

If all you want is a "I wanna blow dwight howard circle jerk" then there really is no point of having a forum board.

Please ask one of the web admins to post a disclaimer on the front page stating that this site should only allow posts related to Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard circle jerk threads. That way other posters and site members will understand the integrity of this site.

Like you said this is a forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so he is entitled to think that this guy is an idiot.

#71 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Was my comment directed at you? No.

I don't know anything about circle jerks or blowing men, but when you add my name and suggest I participate in such things you are asking to get your ass beat or chewed out.

[expletive] off.

#72 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,760 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2013 - 01:03 PM

I was one of the few who preferred Bynum over Howard. Neither is what I would call mature or emotionally intelligent but Howard's injury notwithstanding I don't get why this pretty one-dimensional center is crowned with glowing admiration. He can defend well and block shots. Great. He can score whenhe gets the ball underthe basket (most ofth time) but other than that this guy is chump change. He can't shoot free throws. He doesn't play well with the other kids. His passing is mediocre. His outside shot non-existent and his basketball IQ is average at best. While the blind supporters of franchise wrecker heap praise on the incompetent Jim Boy for landing Howard and a way over the hill Nash, methinks the Lakers would be in a lot better shape if we had Phil, Bynum, Odom, and Barnes on the court day in and day out, But no, Jim Boy, grandiose and ineffective, has set in motion the fall of the Laker empire. Jim NERO Buss is the culprit and fans better wake up and start chanting, NERO MUST GO! NERO MUST GO! Or else we're going to be out of the hunt for a ring for many BUSS-TED moons. Jimbo, pretty please, with sugar on it---step down, fool, step down.

LMAO and you think Andrew Bynum would help us better? first thing first what is the MAIN problem within the Lakers? Defense now you want D12 Out :laughing: VERY VERY SMART KID, furthermore where is Bynum now? DOES he PLAY? :laughing: Hell NO, and ANOTHER QUESTION, Do you think ANDREW BYNUM is still GOOD after his SURGERY? (QUESTIONABLE)

Right now D12 is not healthy and PEOPLE THINK Andrew Bynum is more healthier and better when his return :laughing: VERY VERY FUNNY, Everyone needs to get back in shape and everything takes time

GO back to your mom's womb maybe she needs to recreate your brain :laughing: seriously

33bkfif.jpg

#73 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted January 10, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Guy is putting up as good of numbers (Dwight is 17 and 12 this year) as Bynum last year (18 and 11) when we basically ran the offense thru Bynum. Oh and he's coming off major back surgery. Unless you were expecting Dwight to put up 30 and 15 a night with 3 other hall of fame caliber players, no.

#74 Rad

Rad

• 1,635 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Best not to argue with them man, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#75 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:24 AM

I understand where Dude is coming from. Dwight is probably the most dominant big in the league today but his lack of skill makes us very predictable in the post. This is one of the reasons we did so well against D12 and Orlando in the championship. If a Wizard came from the sky and said Drew would be healthy for the next five seasons (meaning 75 games per season) I may be inclined to take Drew. Not because he's more dominant, because his offense was more versitile. But I haven't seen a Wizard ever soooooo we made the right choice. A young KG / Pau Gasol type is what we need next to Dwight. The problem is one plays in Portland and the other is in Atlanta

#76 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,492 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:28 AM

But I haven't seen a Wizard ever

U never saw this dude?
Posted Image

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#77 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,092 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:33 AM

If you are going to accuse someone of having extremely stupid behavior you may wish to learn to spell first.

Debbie Downer

#78 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:40 AM

He's not as crazy as you think. A bit overboard but really read what he's saying. The injury prone Bynum better than overrated superman was dead wrong but from a big picture standpoint, Drew IS a more versitle talent. Think about this, Drew put up his numbers on a team with Kobe and Gasol dominating the ball, and shared rebounds with Pau. Dwight put up his numbers as the number one option in Orlando. Again Dominant VS Skills. IMO, it all depends on the system they play in (and Drews health) would determine which guy I would take. In this system Definately D12

#79 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:40 AM

U never saw this dude?
Posted Image

That was Cool as Hell :laughing:

#80 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 15, 2013 - 06:30 AM

He's not as crazy as you think. A bit overboard but really read what he's saying. The injury prone Bynum better than overrated superman was dead wrong but from a big picture standpoint, Drew IS a more versitle talent. Think about this, Drew put up his numbers on a team with Kobe and Gasol dominating the ball, and shared rebounds with Pau. Dwight put up his numbers as the number one option in Orlando. Again Dominant VS Skills. IMO, it all depends on the system they play in (and Drews health) would determine which guy I would take. In this system Definately D12

Pau didnt dominate the ball when Bynum had his best season last yr. Pau took a step back & was the #3 option. Pau was lazy & on dead legs last season. Bynum was healthy & LA had plenty of ups & downs with Bynum as #2 (he was never consistent on defense & Bynum missed countless layups & lob attempts) In any system you take D12! Bynum will be lucky to have a career outside of Lakers.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users