Dwight Howard: Most Over-Hyped Player In The NBA

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,492 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 09, 2013 - 05:49 PM

and comparing Drew to D12 will never stop. Say what you want but drew helped us win 2 chips. It seems that whatever drew did, or maybe didnt do, worked well in the system. D12 is the exact opposite of that. it seems nothing works. But that may change with more playing time. Obviously Drew had PJ drawing up the game plans and D12 has had Mr. Potato Head and Mr. Pringles doing it. So big disadvantage for D12. I cant knock that excuse as not being legitimate.....lol. Again, maybe we get BShaw, or Skiles or kerr or somebody with a brain who can coach and make the pieces fit. Maybe not. All speculation again.
And its true Drew got hurt bowling, but cause and effect, if he was never traded, he wouldnt have went bowling in Philly. He may have never been injured. He could be with us right now going for 20/10 and I believe our record would be 8-10 games better that it is now. Thats speculation of course. Maybe he would have been injured doing something else. Thats speculation to.

Edited by LakersGAFan, January 09, 2013 - 05:52 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#42 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 09, 2013 - 06:18 PM

I was one of the few who preferred Bynum over Howard. Neither is what I would call mature or emotionally intelligent but Howard's injury notwithstanding I don't get why this pretty one-dimensional center is crowned with glowing admiration. He can defend well and block shots. Great. He can score whenhe gets the ball underthe basket (most ofth time) but other than that this guy is chump change. He can't shoot free throws. He doesn't play well with the other kids. His passing is mediocre. His outside shot non-existent and his basketball IQ is average at best. While the blind supporters of franchise wrecker heap praise on the incompetent Jim Boy for landing Howard and a way over the hill Nash, methinks the Lakers would be in a lot better shape if we had Phil, Bynum, Odom, and Barnes on the court day in and day out, But no, Jim Boy, grandiose and ineffective, has set in motion the fall of the Laker empire. Jim NERO Buss is the culprit and fans better wake up and start chanting, NERO MUST GO! NERO MUST GO! Or else we're going to be out of the hunt for a ring for many BUSS-TED moons. Jimbo, pretty please, with sugar on it---step down, fool, step down.

I want to join this discussion, but [expletive] it's a wall of words. Paragraphs are your friend.

#43 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 09, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Last year Cowboys&LakersFan was going on about how he thinks Bynum is the best center in the NBA.

/thread

Says the idiot who got banned.

And came back.
htCCl0m.png

#44 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 06:30 PM

And came back.

Put the phone down and watch the game man.

#45 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 09, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Lots of people asking to be banned in this thread.

Please continue everyone

#46 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,219 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 07:09 PM

and comparing Drew to D12 will never stop. Say what you want but drew helped us win 2 chips. It seems that whatever drew did, or maybe didnt do, worked well in the system. D12 is the exact opposite of that. it seems nothing works. But that may change with more playing time. Obviously Drew had PJ drawing up the game plans and D12 has had Mr. Potato Head and Mr. Pringles doing it. So big disadvantage for D12. I cant knock that excuse as not being legitimate.....lol. Again, maybe we get BShaw, or Skiles or kerr or somebody with a brain who can coach and make the pieces fit. Maybe not. All speculation again.
And its true Drew got hurt bowling, but cause and effect, if he was never traded, he wouldnt have went bowling in Philly. He may have never been injured. He could be with us right now going for 20/10 and I believe our record would be 8-10 games better that it is now. Thats speculation of course. Maybe he would have been injured doing something else. Thats speculation to.

He didn't get hurt bowling. He just aggravated the issue
Posted Image

#47 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,219 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 07:11 PM

actually I agree with the op. Its not that hes a bad player. But he isnt or hasnt been the dominant force people make him out to be. I damn near died when people were comparing him to Shaq in his prime. Dwight will NEVER, EVER be 1/4 the impact player on the court Shaq was. It doesnt matter how hard he works and what he does to make his game better. He cant. Now he may end up with more Chips someday because he ends up going to Miami with Bron and Bosh or something....but hes not close to the presence Shaq was on the court. But hes a good player and I expect more from him going forward. Not numbers wise. 17/12 is about what hes good for. I expect more in regards to the plays he makes having a impact on game outcomes.

There is a ton of false statements in this post
Posted Image

#48 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,492 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 09, 2013 - 07:24 PM

There is a ton of false statements in this post

Such as:
Is Shaq not way more of a force than D12 could ever be?
But isnt it a disadvantage D12 doesnt have PJ designing the game plans?
Isnt it possible he joins forces with a Bron type player in the future to get easy chips? He just joined KB and Nash do try.
Is he not a usual 17/12 guy. Ok maybe hes a 19/13 guys. Whatever.
Do you not expect more from him going forward than what hes already shown?
Those were ALL my major points. just summarized in a question form. Whats so false in my statements?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#49 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,219 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 07:44 PM

Such as:
Is Shaq not way more of a force than D12 could ever be?
But isnt it a disadvantage D12 doesnt have PJ designing the game plans?
Isnt it possible he joins forces with a Bron type player in the future to get easy chips? He just joined KB and Nash do try.
Is he not a usual 17/12 guy. Ok maybe hes a 19/13 guys. Whatever.
Do you not expect more from him going forward than what hes already shown?
Those were ALL my major points. just summarized in a question form. Whats so false in my statements?

Offensively it's not close. Shaq is way ahead of Dwight. But defensively Dwight is way ahead of him when healthy. Shaq is much more impactful just because he scored so easily

But the other stuff just isn't true. Dwight at healthy averages 20 and 10 without trying. Now he's not right now and he's suffering but a healthy dwigt is about as impactful a player as there is in the game today. 20 and 10 while essentially dominating defensively for 40 minutes

He's not joining Lebron anywhere. Hed have to sign a 1 year deal somewhere just to make that possible. Not gonna happen.

Also saying 1/4th is a little bit of a stretch. Shaq was dominant like no other. But Dwight at full health carried teams deep into the playoffs sometimes on the back of his defense alone. That's plenty of impact

The stuff about shaq is true. Truth is no center will be shaq. Too big and athletic. He was rare.

Posted Image

#50 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 09, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Please continue everyone

:laughing: :laughing:

#51 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Please continue everyone

Why don't you ban the person that was already banned previously?
htCCl0m.png

#52 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,695 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 09, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Why don't you ban the person that was already banned previously?

you were banned too, stfu.

#53 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:03 PM

And came back.

Nice bruh talking about something completely different. I win. Again. :coffee:
Posted Image

#54 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,722 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:03 PM

I was one of the few who preferred Bynum over Howard. Neither is what I would call mature or emotionally intelligent but Howard's injury notwithstanding I don't get why this pretty one-dimensional center is crowned with glowing admiration. He can defend well and block shots. Great. He can score whenhe gets the ball underthe basket (most ofth time) but other than that this guy is chump change. He can't shoot free throws. He doesn't play well with the other kids. His passing is mediocre. His outside shot non-existent and his basketball IQ is average at best. While the blind supporters of franchise wrecker heap praise on the incompetent Jim Boy for landing Howard and a way over the hill Nash, methinks the Lakers would be in a lot better shape if we had Phil, Bynum, Odom, and Barnes on the court day in and day out, But no, Jim Boy, grandiose and ineffective, has set in motion the fall of the Laker empire. Jim NERO Buss is the culprit and fans better wake up and start chanting, NERO MUST GO! NERO MUST GO! Or else we're going to be out of the hunt for a ring for many BUSS-TED moons. Jimbo, pretty please, with sugar on it---step down, fool, step down.

Listen here kid, Dwight isn't the same as the Magic Howard because of his back injury. Hes still putting up 18, 12, 3 with 80% healthy. Hes overhyped because us Lakers want to win right now and cant wait and that's why we pressure everyone on this team to excel then ever.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#55 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,981 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:23 PM

Dwight is not highly skilled around the rim and these limitations are exacerbated by his back injury. This should be a lesson to him to refine his post skills in anticipation of declining athleticism later in his career.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#56 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:34 PM

you were banned too, stfu.

I was suspended one time. Not perma banned like the Lil Wayne infatuated clown.
htCCl0m.png

#57 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:57 PM

I was suspended one time. Not perma banned like the Lil Wayne infatuated clown.

Why are you so mad, you probably gonna get suspended since WC already warned you Mannnn sheesh

All I said it last year you were saying Bynum is the best goodnesssss :(

Back on topic please guys

Edited by LakeShow5, January 09, 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Posted Image

#58 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,722 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:57 PM

you guys fight like lil girls. grow up. its the internet.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#59 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:02 PM

:laughing:

I ain't even mad bro.

I'm about to eat some good ass food. I'm good.
htCCl0m.png

#60 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Offensively it's not close. Shaq is way ahead of Dwight. But defensively Dwight is way ahead of him when healthy. Shaq is much more impactful just because he scored so easily

But the other stuff just isn't true. Dwight at healthy averages 20 and 10 without trying. Now he's not right now and he's suffering but a healthy dwigt is about as impactful a player as there is in the game today. 20 and 10 while essentially dominating defensively for 40 minutes

He's not joining Lebron anywhere. Hed have to sign a 1 year deal somewhere just to make that possible. Not gonna happen.

Also saying 1/4th is a little bit of a stretch. Shaq was dominant like no other. But Dwight at full health carried teams deep into the playoffs sometimes on the back of his defense alone. That's plenty of impact

The stuff about shaq is true. Truth is no center will be shaq. Too big and athletic. He was rare.

That's the key right there. Dwight may not be in the same level as Shaq, but there's nobody currently in the league that is on the same level as a healthy Dwight.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users