#61 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image

i would have ripped that mascot head off lol. thats [expletive]ed up.

Posted Image

#62 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:37 PM

i would have ripped that mascot head off lol. thats [expletive]ed up.

Be best to shove him as hard as you can down the stairs.

#63 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,213 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Posted Image

:laughing:

hR3rI.png

#64 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:44 PM

It's staged people. The Rockets would be facing a lawsuit if it wasn't.

#65 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:13 PM

came to this post looking for this
was not disappoint.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#66 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:14 PM

So found this interesting today on the radio when listening to Max and Marcellus.

They were talking about the Jim Buss interview and how he brought up the point that if they make the playoffs, that means they will have turned it around and will be playing very good basketball.

So check this out, let's say the Lakers turn it around and get in as the 8th seed awhile the Clippers finished as the #1 seed, setting up a first round matchup. Max brought up this point and Marcellus agreed with it, but if the Lakers are red hot entering the playoffs, it doesn't matter how much confidence the Clippers have, the Lakers would be the last team they would want to see in the first round.

The argument is that the Clippers may have too much pressure on them. After crowning themselves the kings of LA, they would now face the team that has ran this city since its arrival. Could you imagine their fan base if the Lakers were to take out the Clippers as the #8 seed? They would be in complete meltdown mode.

But yeah I thought it was interesting. If we can turn this around, the Lakers will enter into the playoffs playing pretty damn good basketball and I'll reiterate what I have said a few times on this board, if the Lakers get in, they will be the last team any top seed wants to face. Still gotta get in but its fun to think about nonetheless.

#67 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 08:29 PM

That's a good point WC.

Unfortunately that's still a pretty big if at this point. Would be a pretty crazy 1st round match up though.

#68 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 10, 2013 - 08:34 PM

As much as i would like to belive that its pretty hard considering the way the clippers are playing.
Posted Image

#69 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,972 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 10, 2013 - 08:39 PM

So found this interesting today on the radio when listening to Max and Marcellus.

They were talking about the Jim Buss interview and how he brought up the point that if they make the playoffs, that means they will have turned it around and will be playing very good basketball.

So check this out, let's say the Lakers turn it around and get in as the 8th seed awhile the Clippers finished as the #1 seed, setting up a first round matchup. Max brought up this point and Marcellus agreed with it, but if the Lakers are red hot entering the playoffs, it doesn't matter how much confidence the Clippers have, the Lakers would be the last team they would want to see in the first round.

The argument is that the Clippers may have too much pressure on them. After crowning themselves the kings of LA, they would now face the team that has ran this city since its arrival. Could you imagine their fan base if the Lakers were to take out the Clippers as the #8 seed? They would be in complete meltdown mode.

But yeah I thought it was interesting. If we can turn this around, the Lakers will enter into the playoffs playing pretty damn good basketball and I'll reiterate what I have said a few times on this board, if the Lakers get in, they will be the last team any top seed wants to face. Still gotta get in but its fun to think about nonetheless.

Yep. We've been talking about this for a couple of days.

Look at the team schedule. There is really no path for the Lakers to back into the play-offs. They are going to ave to beat some exit teams and/or win a significant number of road games. If they make the play-offs, they will have to really turn it around to get there.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#70 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 10, 2013 - 08:41 PM

I think the OKC game is key. If we can win that game without Dwight than that could give us the confidence to go on a long win streak and get ourselves in the playoffs. Once we get in if we do anything can happen. Anytime you have star power like we do you can beat anybody.

and you said earlier we were done.....stop flip flopping your mind.

#71 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 10, 2013 - 08:48 PM

If lakers lose 15 more games. They will miss the playoffs.
47 wins aint getting it done in this Western Conference.
Laker fan for life.

#72 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 10, 2013 - 08:55 PM

and you said earlier we were done.....stop flip flopping your mind.

That was before last night though.
htCCl0m.png

#73 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 08:59 PM

If lakers lose 15 more games. They will miss the playoffs.
47 wins aint getting it done in this Western Conference.

Mhm.

I'm projecting like 41-43 wins for this team. There is a chance in the schedule for us to get on a roll, but there are some really tough games we'd have to win in order to make the playoffs.

#74 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 963 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 11, 2013 - 08:39 AM

Nope.

#75 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,223 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 11, 2013 - 09:59 AM

The same could be said of any team. The lakers have shown nothing to indicate they will be making the playoffs.

#76 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 10:14 AM

The same could be said of any team. The lakers have shown nothing to indicate they will be making the playoffs.

No [expletive].

I posted this pertaining to the Lakers possibly taking on the Clippers and the scenario it would present if that occurred.

Of course any team can turn it around and be on a streak heading into the playoffs, but I'm not talking about those teams.

#77 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted January 11, 2013 - 10:59 AM

A couple of things:

-If Lakers play tonight as hard as they did against San Antonio and still lose, then I think we have some hope still

-Lakers can get 31 wins the rest of the season and still lose ALL their games to the elite teams. If they get on a roll they should be a able to get a few wins against elite teams. Either way, they need to get 48 or 49 wins to secure a playoff spot.

Look for tonight's game not for a win, but for consistent effort from the SA game.. This season is going to be a nail biter.

#78 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 688 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:08 AM

A couple of things:

-If Lakers play tonight as hard as they did against San Antonio and still lose, then I think we have some hope still.

A win would be nice, but we have no one inside anymore. However, if Earl Clark is the real deal (no pun intended to RD), then I think the best part would be finding another potential diamond in the rough a la Jordan Hill.

I don't think Clark will be nearly as consistent, but another big body to hustle on the boards and be active will do wonders for us. Added bonus if he can stroke the J like he did vs. SAS.

So I'd love a win tonight, and I do think they have a strong bid to make the playoffs, but it's gonna be difficult as hell for the squad moving forward.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#79 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:11 AM

ahahaha never

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users