Photo

Lakers are 4th in 3-pointers attempted, but 17th in 3-point %. D'Antoni's offense is killing the Lakers.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted January 08, 2013 - 10:52 PM

Lol the other team score us in fastbreak even after we made a basket.

Our transition defense really sucks.

Yeah that play tonight was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,683 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:04 PM

Only gave up 6 transition points tonight and beat the Rockets on second chance points.

Where they got us was with their 11 three pointers and too many easy layups.

Coincidentally a majority of this happened with Jamison on the floor and it was his man doing it...

But at least Jamison scored 8...

Sad thing is if he'd even have given us 17 points then the game is tied but it looks like counting on Jamison to score 17 even with the likes of Delfino and Parsons guarding him, while they scorch him for 19 and 20 respectively.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,851 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:05 PM

I think we saw almost how we need to play defensively today, expect lets make Dwight's backup be Sacre.

Without Pau, I think we can be more effective in transition Defense. If Dwight were in the game, we would not have had some of the easy lay-ups we saw from Parsons and Lin and some of those 3 point plays would have been blocked shots.

Defensively I think you can look okay with Dwight and Hill in transition( when he eventually returns). I think Jamison doesn't put much effort into defense, so if he is out there, you better have Metta, Kobe and Dwight out there with him.

I think Nash is a much better defender than given credit for. I prefer him to Sessions very much so, with transition being the one area Sessions could potentially help us more defensively.

That being said, we have been a pretty good half-court Defense all season, I think in order to get us more in sync in transition, we have to have speed out there.

Dwight and Pau are good in spurts together, but hurt us in transition a great deal.

and Metta at the four is okay for about 3 minutes stretches, so if not Hill at the 4, then I would say I don't mind Earl Clark getting those minutes.

The bottom line is this team has to have more collective WILL. I mean Houston and GS are talented teams but we should be better.

Injuries have really messed everything up.

Let's see if when the squad is 100, will the unified desperation be in place.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,683 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:14 PM

I think we saw almost how we need to play defensively today, expect lets make Dwight's backup be Sacre.

Without Pau, I think we can be more effective in transition Defense. If Dwight were in the game, we would not have had some of the easy lay-ups we saw from Parsons and Lin and some of those 3 point plays would have been blocked shots.

Defensively I think you can look okay with Dwight and Hill in transition( when he eventually returns). I think Jamison doesn't put much effort into defense, so if he is out there, you better have Metta, Kobe and Dwight out there with him.

I think Nash is a much better defender than given credit for. I prefer him to Sessions very much so, with transition being the one area Sessions could potentially help us more defensively.

That being said, we have been a pretty good half-court Defense all season, I think in order to get us more in sync in transition, we have to have speed out there.

Dwight and Pau are good in spurts together, but hurt us in transition a great deal.

and Metta at the four is okay for about 3 minutes stretches, so if not Hill at the 4, then I would say I don't mind Earl Clark getting those minutes.

The bottom line is this team has to have more collective WILL. I mean Houston and GS are talented teams but we should be better.

Injuries have really messed everything up.

Let's see if when the squad is 100, will the unified desperation be in place.

yeah the weakness at the power forwards defensive and running the floor capability really shows how it hurts us.

Tonight both Clark and Sacre hustled their butts off on the transition end and we only gave up 6 points on that end.

These things matter and also show how Pau's "knees" and inability to run the floor or have the foot speed to switch off pick and rolls correctly hurt us on the defensive end. Clark was active on the inside and made some nice swipes at the ball knocking it away on a lot of drives and rotating good for blocks. And Sacre was showing great energy till his legs gave out(he'd just played a game yesterday and had one tonight) he got tired so his energy dropped and he has ANOTHER game against San Antonio tomorrow so I'll expect more of the same, a LOT of energy to start but legs will go later.

I think having Clark or Hill pick and rolling with Nash with Dwight running the floor and getting ready on the defensive end we could be very productive.

I really liked how our bigs were "moving" tonight offensively and defensively and it unfortunately shows the degree that the game slows when Dwight and Gasol are on the floor at the same time or in general. Once Dwight starts moving more on the offensive end things will flow better there, but unfortunately I don't think Gasol will ever emulate the defense of Clark or the hustle of Sacre who probably jumps lower from the ground than he does and we can forget about him capturing their hustle on transition.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,395 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:44 PM

I´m really surprised that the Lakers organization has let it go this far, and it seems it ain´t getting any better, also. I mean, we are the frickin Los Angeles LAKERS, the Lakers, for godsake, and we aren´t even in the playoff picture, and far from it.

I am too to be honest.

yo.

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,851 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:52 PM

I´m really surprised that the Lakers organization has let it go this far, and it seems it ain´t getting any better, also. I mean, we are the frickin Los Angeles LAKERS, the Lakers, for godsake, and we aren´t even in the playoff picture, and far from it.

They made moves and not they have to make counter moves. They wanted Nash and they wanted Dwight. They may want to get rid of Pau, but he isn't making that easy on them.

But beyond making moves, they have. They fired a coach already, and they aren't doing the same before D'Antoni has a training camp, even if we don't win another game this entire season. He may resign if it gets too bad, but sometimes you have to admit that things are messed up.

Pau has been hurt this entire year as far as I am concerned. Kobe missed some pre-season. Nash got a broke leg.

Have Nash Kobe Dwight and Pau played 20 games together yet? Or even 15, the amount it took the Miami Heat to get it together without a coaching change, therefore having the benefit of training camp.

These injuries do more than take guys and their talent off the floor, they take away valuable time for people to be meshing and getting timing down as a whole.

#27 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,756 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:21 AM

So, you are the owner and GM looking a new coach after firing Brown. Let's evaluate the roster and available coaches at that time.

Older, very talented starting 5, weak bench. No backup PG, center recovering from major surgery, questionable long range shooters. Losing games because of porous defense. Bunch of egos to manage.

Amongst others, you can hire: a) a coach who already lives locally, is dating one of the owners, has a few rings, knows how to manage egos, has the respect of the team, can manage minutes for aging legs and sugically backs and plays enough defense to be adequate or b) a run and gun style coach who plays no defense, runs aging legs, has no proven record of success.

Popovich, Brooks etc have to be sitting back just laughing at all this. It would have been such a beautiful fit, and instead got so screwed up in one stroke. If I am an opposing coach of an elite team, I really fear this team in the playoffs with Jackson as coach, no matter what their record. With DanTan, even if they can make the playoffs, they will be a playtoy for the elite teams and coaches.

#28 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Just not playing to our strengths - Simple as that. If 'Antoni is such an offensive genius, then why not figure out a way to maximize our actual strengths, and for our bigs to dominate?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users