Photo

Webkit2process.exe stopped working (Safari problems)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,194 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:11 PM

Okay, some websites that i visit (youtube, EPSN Podcenter, new sites) are making my Safari Browser crash, and giving the message, webkit2process.exe stopped working

The browser crashes, and reopens, but crashes again if i try to load the page that caused the crash...

Sometimes, i can paritally load a page that causes my Safari to crash if i manually press the STOP button on the adress bar, to stop letting the page load everything, and just have the text there.

Worse, when googling how to fix it, the problem occurs on the sites google links me to in order to fix it...

So, if anyone is tech savoy....

http://www.google.co...ved=0CDEQvwUoAA

im pretty sure google has my answer right there, i just cannot access it...

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,596 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:21 PM

What computer are you using?

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,596 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:29 PM

Well that webkit supposedly is there to stop the program from crashing. I would stop using safari. It really isnt that great of a web browser. Its not as bad as IE but its not far from. Try chrome its much better.

Also my guess would be a compatibility fail. I know html 5 has been coming out and that webkit thing is meant to stop crashes of compatibility I think and my guess is it isnt proggramed to fix hmtl 5 problems yet. Though it may be something complelty different.

Only reason I think html 5 is because I know youtube is converting to it and I know safari has a horrible html compatibility rating.

#4 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,194 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well that webkit supposedly is there to stop the program from crashing. I would stop using safari. It really isnt that great of a web browser. Its not as bad as IE but its not far from. Try chrome its much better.

Also my guess would be a compatibility fail. I know html 5 has been coming out and that webkit thing is meant to stop crashes of compatibility I think and my guess is it isnt proggramed to fix hmtl 5 problems yet. Though it may be something complelty different.

Only reason I think html 5 is because I know youtube is converting to it and I know safari has a horrible html compatibility rating.

IE works

i am using an Dell XPS from like 6 years ago...

its alright...

IE is just slow

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,596 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:32 PM

IE works

i am using an Dell XPS from like 6 years ago...

its alright...

IE is just slow

Ahh theres your problem. Safari tend to have problems on non mac computers. I have no idea why but from what I have seen on tech forums it causes allot of problems on anything else but macs. Again I would suggest to switch to chrome. Its by far the best browser out there with best compatibility.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users