Photo

Ramona Shelburne: Lakers Plan To Huddle And Assess Options Over Next Couple Of Days

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:08 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=asuy7u9
We take walton back and take dion walters as a bad contract. Waltons contract expires this year so it doesn't hurt much. Walters lasts for 3 more years so its just something we would have to deal with. Now we get verjoe to fill the 4 spot with hill coming off the bench. Intant improvement to our starting line up. Bench would still suck but at least we wouldn't have a horrible 4 on our starting squad.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=clrh3ve
Supposedly the timberwolves offered this to us a while ago and we shut it down. Really stupid. Williams off the bench with peckovic and have hill start so peckovic and howard dont clog the paint. It may not be the best big man for our offense but it would help us none the less and William would be a huge improvement to our bench. We then take barea to be our back up pg. May not have good defense but he can play decent offense and get the bench going much better than blake, duhon, or morris.

It may not be the best trade and may not win us the championship with them but hell it would get us better and in the playoffs for a chance. Then next year we can add one or 2 players to get the team looking very good.

Were gonna have to deal with the scrubs. Only thing we can do it try to take as many decent bench players we can out of pau then waive the scrubs. If we can get our team to have 8 or 9 good player that actually should be playing its an improvement. The 7(and thats including pau) is not cutting it at all.

pau for AV and garbage lol
Posted Image

#42 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:09 PM

pau for AV and garbage lol

You wouldnt take that. In what way would that not help. Also walton isnt really garbage because he's 6 mill off the books after this season. We would take one bad contract for a much better player than pau.

#43 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:11 PM

Pau is better than AV and we would be taking bad contracts back even if walton came we would still have the most expensive roster after walton expired
Posted Image

#44 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:11 PM

We take walton back and take dion walters as a bad contract. Waltons contract expires this year so it doesn't hurt much. Walters lasts for 3 more years so its just something we would have to deal with. Now we get verjoe to fill the 4 spot with hill coming off the bench. Intant improvement to our starting line up. Bench would still suck but at least we wouldn't have a horrible 4 on our starting squad.

Supposedly the timberwolves offered this to us a while ago and we shut it down. Really stupid. Williams off the bench with peckovic and have hill start so peckovic and howard dont clog the paint. It may not be the best big man for our offense but it would help us none the less and William would be a huge improvement to our bench. We then take barea to be our back up pg. May not have good defense but he can play decent offense and get the bench going much better than blake, duhon, or morris.

It may not be the best trade and may not win us the championship with them but hell it would get us better and in the playoffs for a chance. Then next year we can add one or 2 players to get the team looking very good.

Were gonna have to deal with the scrubs. Only thing we can do it try to take as many decent bench players we can out of pau then waive the scrubs. If we can get our team to have 8 or 9 good player that actually should be playing its an improvement. The 7(and thats including pau) is not cutting it at all.

1. Varejao is hurt (Scott is concerned with his knee and thinks its more than just a "knee bruise") and why would the Cavs send us Waiters?

2. Pekovic doesn't fit here. Now I wouldn't mind that type of deal but Pekovic would have to be better sent elsewhere in a three team deal

#45 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:18 PM

1. Varejao is hurt (Scott is concerned with his knee and thinks its more than just a "knee bruise") and why would the Cavs send us Waiters?

2. Pekovic doesn't fit here. Now I wouldn't mind that type of deal but Pekovic would have to be better sent elsewhere in a three team deal

Well like I said Pekovic wouldnt be the best in the system and yes if we could get a 3 team trade going that woud work. Is just really an example though.

#46 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:22 PM

ilyasova and udrih for pau. make both units more potent. a stretch 4 whos athletic and who can rebound, and offense off the dribble for the 2nd unit. exactly what we need, and not a pipe-dream trade

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#47 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,471 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:23 PM

ilyasova and udrih for pau. make both units more potent. a stretch 4 whos athletic and who can rebound, and offense off the dribble for the 2nd unit. exactly what we need, and not a pipe-dream trade

no...No...No...NOOO!!!!

And I have the feeling since our forwards are hurt that we might be getting Derrick Williams as a piece in the deal that goes down. So it will probably be Derrick Williams and a few other pieces.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#48 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Not bad. I think Memphis does it if they get a PG since Bayless has been a bust for them so far

I wouldn't say he's a bust just because his FG percentage is low but he is still contributing in other ways and is way better than any back up PG we have

#49 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:26 PM

no...No...No...NOOO!!!!

And I have the feeling since our forwards are hurt that we might be getting Derrick Williams as a piece in the deal that goes down. So it will probably be Derrick Williams and a few other pieces.

This team would spiral down further if Derrick Williams is the centerpiece of any deal
Posted Image

#50 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:27 PM

no...No...No...NOOO!!!!

Derrick Williams will not be a centerpiece, he's a throw in.

#51 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:28 PM

This team would spiral down further if Derrick Williams is the centerpiece of any deal

He wouldn't be the centerpiece. But we could probably get Gay and him at the same time and maybe some other pieces.

Here let me throw together some "starting block" pieces and other things can be added.

Here's a small blueprint

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=ajs3vss

More can be added to that accordingly but as a basis, we could very well get Rudy Gay and Derrick Williams in a trade and I don't think Minnesota would hesitate to send Ak47 to Memphis to get that done.

This is just a blueprint and I didn't think too much but as a blueprint you can probably go from there.

I didn't think it out to the fullest extent to what all teams would get but, that is a small rough draft basically.

Derrick Williams will not be a centerpiece, he's a throw in.

That's what I'm saying. Gay(if we're getting him) would probably be the center piece.

Edited by Majesty, January 08, 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#52 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:30 PM

Pau is better than AV and we would be taking bad contracts back even if walton came we would still have the most expensive roster after walton expired

lol

#53 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:35 PM

A more likely scenario (IMO because of D'Antoni's offense) is:

Bucks receive: Pekovic

Wolves receive: Gasol/Ebanks

Lakers receive: Dunleavy/Williams/Barea

Dunleavy is able to stretch the floor so that's the big reason. I am just not sure if the Lakers want to trade Pau for a player that can be locked up for a few years or if they want someone like Dunleavy, who expires after this season and now they have a hole to fill with limited resources.

#54 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:38 PM

A more likely scenario (IMO because of D'Antoni's offense) is:

Bucks receive: Pekovic

Wolves receive: Gasol/Ebanks

Lakers receive: Dunleavy/Williams/Barea

Dunleavy is able to stretch the floor so that's the big reason. I am just not sure if the Lakers want to trade Pau for a player that can be locked up for a few years or if they want someone like Dunleavy, who expires after this season and now they have a hole to fill with limited resources.

dunleavy for pek, steal of the year,,,not happening. i can see these being the teams involved in a 3-way tho. but i think we'd snatch ilyaosva instead of dunleavy

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, January 08, 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#55 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:43 PM

dunleavy for pek, steal of the year,,,not happening. i can see these being the teams involved in a 3-way tho. but i think we'd snatch ilyaosva instead of dunleavy

Possibly, only thing is that Dunleavy is an expiring contract and Llyasova's contract is huge which im not sure fits into the Lakers plans. Bucks may go into full rebuilding mode this off season so you could see a firesale of some sort.

Unless they are getting a very good player, I don't see them taking on a bad contract which would put a dent in their free agency plan in another year.

#56 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,214 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 08, 2013 - 04:17 PM

I don't want anyone from minny not named Kevin love.

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,471 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 05:04 PM

I don't want anyone from minny not named Kevin love.

Then you'd need 08-10 Pau Gasol. And if you had him you wouldn't trade him for Love anyway.

Edited by Majesty, January 08, 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#58 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 05:06 PM

Then you'd need 08-10 Pau Gasol. And if you had him you wouldn't trade him for Love anyway.

You never know, maybe that concussion made him forget what year it was. :laughing:

#59 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 05:07 PM

You never know, maybe that concussion made him forget what year it was. :laughing:

Nuggets Post-Game he was talking about how the team all need to be aggressive, that doesn't sound at all like Gasol

#60 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,214 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 08, 2013 - 05:08 PM

I never said we CAN trade for Kevin love. I just said I don't want anyone from minny but Kevin love if we are trading Gasol. You're really good at putting words in other people's mouths aren't you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users