Photo

Ramona Shelburne: Lakers Plan To Huddle And Assess Options Over Next Couple Of Days

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:29 AM

Just do this, championship would be locked up...http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=b6l6dga

I don't even know where to begin

#22 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:31 AM

I don't even know where to begin

Incase you think I am actually delusional that trade scenario was a joke.

#23 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Loool who the hell is Ish Smith

He is one of the lowest PER rated players in the whole league...that's who he is lol!

#24 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Oh okay haha. Was wondering how you dreamed up that scenario

#25 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:20 PM

Oh okay haha. Was wondering how you dreamed up that scenario

lol glen davis and hedo....hell no!

#26 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:27 PM

Rudy G is definitely intriguing. The only thing holding that idea back is his contract. Sounds like the Suns are talking with the Grizz about a trade as well

Granger is out with injury for a few more weeks if not months so I dont think he's an option.

sure gay is a great player, but, what if Jordan Hill is out a while with that tear of his Labrum in his hip,,,we'd need a 4

#27 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:32 PM

sure gay is a great player, but, what if Jordan Hill is out a while with that tear of his Labrum in his hip,,,we'd need a 4

I'm sure Mitch is considering all scenarios. But the fact remains that Pau Gasol needs to get the [expletive] outta dodge ASAP.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:36 PM

We can play Gay or Metta at the four. This system isn't designed for bigs so it's not a huge problem like it would have been under Phil or Brown

#29 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:41 PM

We can play Gay or Metta at the four. This system isn't designed for bigs so it's not a huge problem like it would have been under Phil or Brown

the FO liked the Twin Towers idea so much for so long,,,i think at the very least they want some rebouding at the 4. especially since we're 6th in the league in giving up the most offensive rebounds.

#30 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:43 PM

So they are huddling together to figure out how to get rid of pau.

#31 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Just do this, championship would be locked up...http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=b6l6dga

Locked up for who? The Knicks?

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:44 PM

it's not like pau is a great rebounder...or even a good rebounder anymore

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:50 PM

the FO liked the Twin Towers idea so much for so long,,,i think at the very least they want some rebouding at the 4. especially since we're 6th in the league in giving up the most offensive rebounds.

They liked the twin towers idea but they abandoned that when they hired D'Antoni.

#34 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 536 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted January 08, 2013 - 02:31 PM

Is Rudy Gay a good defensive player?

And this can't come as much as a shock to us. We know Mitch takes his time and will get the best possible deal for the Lakers.

Edited by muncher, January 08, 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#35 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 02:33 PM

And this can't come as much as a shock to us. We know Mitch takes his time and will get the best possible deal for the Lakers.

I would say he's good. Not elite, but he's athletic enough to guard the best wings in the league and keep up with them.

#36 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 02:42 PM

hes better than metta. he can lockdown with his crazy length and athleticism, hes a good defender

#37 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 02:44 PM

How about mitch and friends do something right now. I mean they spent all this money on this season and were not even gonna make the playoffs with this team. They settled with horrible contracts and too many super scrubs. I mean duhon, morris,clark,DJO(even though waived now), sacre, blake, ebanks, jaminson. 8 scrub players that dont do anything to help this team.

We have 7 players on our team that actually should get legitimate time on almost any team. kobe,nash,metta,howard,pau(sadly I do have to add him),hill, and meeks.

Its amazing how they spent 100+ mill on this roster.

Edited by bigfetz, January 08, 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#38 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 02:46 PM

How about mitch and friends do something right now. I mean they spent all this money on this season and were not even gonna make the playoffs with this team. They settled with horrible contracts and too many super scrubs. I mean duhon, morris,clark,DJO(even though waived now), sacre, blake, ebanks, jaminson. 8 scrub players that dont do anything to help this team.

We have 7 players on our team that actually should get legitimate time on almost any team. kobe,nash,metta,howard,pau(sadly I do have to add him),hill, and meeks.

Its amazing how they spent 100+ mill on this roster.

What do you suggest they do with the scrubs?

#39 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:04 PM

What do you suggest they do with the scrubs?

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=asuy7u9
We take walton back and take dion walters as a bad contract. Waltons contract expires this year so it doesn't hurt much. Walters lasts for 3 more years so its just something we would have to deal with. Now we get verjoe to fill the 4 spot with hill coming off the bench. Intant improvement to our starting line up. Bench would still suck but at least we wouldn't have a horrible 4 on our starting squad.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=clrh3ve
Supposedly the timberwolves offered this to us a while ago and we shut it down. Really stupid. Williams off the bench with peckovic and have hill start so peckovic and howard dont clog the paint. It may not be the best big man for our offense but it would help us none the less and William would be a huge improvement to our bench. We then take barea to be our back up pg. May not have good defense but he can play decent offense and get the bench going much better than blake, duhon, or morris.

It may not be the best trade and may not win us the championship with them but hell it would get us better and in the playoffs for a chance. Then next year we can add one or 2 players to get the team looking very good.

Were gonna have to deal with the scrubs. Only thing we can do it try to take as many decent bench players we can out of pau then waive the scrubs. If we can get our team to have 8 or 9 good player that actually should be playing its an improvement. The 7(and thats including pau) is not cutting it at all.

Edited by bigfetz, January 08, 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#40 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,907 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Impossible is nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users