#621 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,575 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:34 PM

So this is how the Clippers fans have felt all these years?

This is rough.
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#622 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:35 PM

lol fido raging.

Maybe it's just not meant to be this year...jesus chirst you guys sound like you're on the verge on killing yourselves. God forbid we have ONE bad season.

Edited by Poppy Bros. Jr., January 08, 2013 - 07:35 PM.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#623 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,509 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

So it's on Jamison tonight?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#624 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Did not watch most of the game, but according to the notes, most of Houston's run came off of Kobe's misses and/or turnovers. Was Kobe doing his dumb isolation [expletive] again? If so, the guy deserves A LOT of blame. There was good team basketball in the first half.

#625 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,699 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:36 PM

Gonna want to see more Clark less Jamison next game.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#626 rollyellow

rollyellow

Rookie

• 14 posts
  • Name:wei
  • Fan Since:187
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

The teams issues were addressed in the off-season with the things people felt we needed.

We needed another scorer for our bench so that Blake wouldn't be considered the main guy on it.

We got Meeks And we got Jamison and we resigned Jordan Hill

We got Dwight Howard too

We needed a point guard that was actually a good PnR point guard

We got Steve Nash

The only thing the office didn't count on was Ebanks being useless for another season and Jamison completely going crops up and Gasol after looking spectacular in the olympics to come into camp out of shape and playing the worst basketball of his career.

They also didn't count on Nash getting injured early and Blake going down with an injury all in the same week.

And quite honestly neither did anyone else.

Our front office did everything they could.

The only thing the front office could do now is trade Gasol for other pieces.

But there's bigger issues that you CAN'T predict when you're in the front office.

From their standpoint they did pretty much everything they could do to make this team. The stuff that's happened NO ONE can predict, the only thing they could do is trade Gasol now. But that's all the "front office" should HAVE to do.

The rest is up to the players and always has been

Jamison and Meeks were terrible signings. A lot of people knew this. Meeks was on THREE teams in ONE season! Jamison got even worse when MDA became coach because he's not a shooter. The Lakers should have signed some young guys who can slash and defend.

It was clear that Ebanks is not a NBA player. He can't shoot and his foot speed isn't that great. He also doesn't have the strength. He's like a WAY worse Trevor Ariza. He might have gotten better this year, but then the Lakers hired D'antoni who has a short 7-8 man rotation, so Ebanks will never get playing time.

The fact is that the front office could have predicted some of this and really screwed the pooch by signing some players and a coach who are having a really negative impact. Jamison and Meeks are supposed to be rotation players, but are playing so terribly that they seriously be a major cause of why the Lakers are losing. Their negative play is starting to cause Kobe to take every shot and putting up bricks.

These are the things that the average person just does not see or understand. Everything affects everything in so many ways and the front office should see these things. This is why they really messed up this year and why Jim Buss really is NOT the man for the job. They hired a coach who loves to jack up 3s which does NOT make the defense work. When defense works they have less energy on offense. The coaches aren't teaching off the ball defense either. All these things are included in chemistry.

#627 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,509 posts

Where was Hollywood tonight? missed him.

#628 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:37 PM

:juggle:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#629 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,767 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

This team is only going to get worse. The coach sucks, his rotations are garbage, and 24 games have not shown this team getting better...anywhere. Seriously, MDA quit last year in NY. He got chased out of PHX and I wish that the FO would jettison this refuse tomorrow. If the Lakers are going to suck this bad, might as well throw out MDA and Eddie Jordan and start working on next year. As they aren't building through the draft until 2099 maybe it is time to start looking at trading for mid level guys that will better complement their expensive starting rotations. Seriously, after watching this bench in action it is as if the Lakers bought a Ferrari with a Fiero engine. TRASH TRASH TRASH.

#630 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

I have a question, fido, who is the right coach for this team then?

Bernie Bickerstaff ......

#631 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

lol fido raging.

Maybe it's just not meant to be this year...jesus chirst you guys sound like you're on the verge on killing yourselves. God forbid we have ONE bad season.

You're not supposed to have a bad season when you have Howard, Kobe, Nash, and Gasol.

Posted Image

#632 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Majesty seriously, the fact that you just flail around blaming different players every night, ignore the big issues of the team or the situation they're in while turning a blind eye to the team not web caring about what's going on from the top to the bottom tells me a lot.

Also you're saying you are happy with Nike D'Antoni or Mike Brown? If you are, then once again that says more than I could ever say. Somehow you seem to be putting me down for favoring proven veteran coaches that command respect, coach defense and don't out up with mediocre to terrible play on all fronts as a bad thing. Not to mention that somehow backing the best coach of al time as my pick is a bad thing. You keep saying I'm pissed about the coaching pick while you sit back, make excuses and languish in the crap that this organization seems to be happily embracing.

Call me nuts but I want the best for this team while you seem to be pretty content with mediocrity. If that's so, then enjoy it because there's a full decade of it coming your way if things continue down the path you seem to be so happy with.

If this is somehow your idea of a bizarre put down there's no talking sense to you.

#633 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,509 posts

Did not watch most of the game, but according to the notes, most of Houston's run came off of Kobe's misses and/or turnovers. Was Kobe doing his dumb isolation [expletive] again? If so, the guy deserves A LOT of blame. There was good team basketball in the first half.

not on Kobe. Not tonight.

#634 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,069 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Kobe isn't the problem. That's why.

Everyone tonight as far as I'm concerned stepped up their play except him. He gave us the same bull he gave us for 4 straight games before D'antoni finally sat him.

Everyone else under the situation tonight played their heart out and with intensity. Jamison showed none what so ever.

Like I said, I look for effort and determination win lose or draw. Jamison wasn't even jumping after rebounds, he wasn't being vocal defensively, he didn't look to post up in mismatches, he wasn't an active cutter, he made one defensive play in the first quarter and never looked to do it again.

We know pretty much what to expect with each player on this team. Kobe gives me what I expect from him. So he isn't a let down.

I expected Jamison to actually come out and play with a fire, play with the fire of a guy that doesn't get many minutes and feels he DESERVES to be out there.

I watched Earl Clark do that tonight

I watched Robert Sacre do that tonight

I watched everyone go out there and play with a fire and play their hearts out except jamison.

So Jamison is going to be the one I call out. Because he to me is the guy that played BELOW all of his standards tonight. It was despicable and disappointing to watch.

He'll say Sloan or Phil Jackson and is still pissed the Lakers didn't get either.

I don't think Sloan was available. Besides, with this roster he would have nightmares coaching this team especially Pau Gasol. As for PJ, he will only do so much for this team. At this point, the Lakers need player changes. It starts with Pau Gasol!

#635 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Bernie Bickerstaff ......

Shut up. He didn't do anything.

Posted Image

#636 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:38 PM

Jamison didnt play great, but we cant blame him for our loss, this team flat out has problems defending.

The North Remembers

#637 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Our front office did everything they could.

FALSE

Pau Gasol is GONE

#638 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,848 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Also I never said Kobe was the problem, so don't be throwing that into my mouth like you love to do.

I said you've so far blamed everyone but him that's all. And I'm sure that's soon to come.

Windu: thank you!

#639 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:40 PM

You're not supposed to have a bad season when you have Howard, Kobe, Nash, and Gasol.

By that token Miami should auto-win every game. Just because they have LeBron.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#640 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Regardless, Lakers still managed to score 112 points. More than enough to win games. Lakers just failed miserably on the defensive end again.

Count on the Lakers to score well over 100 points and still manage to get blown out.

Edited by ____, January 08, 2013 - 07:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users