65 replies to this topic

#41 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 02:38 AM

To me Goudelock is better all around shooter the meeks. If you look at some of glocks old game footage you can see he can hit a shot with a defender on him. He has shown he can score agianst good defense and his floater has farthest range i have ever seen with that style shot... He is very unpredictable when given the greenlight.. He is a undersized 2 gaurd but so is russel westbrook(he doesnt really pass & you know it).. He didnt get decent playing time due to mike brown, I believe that he could be a all star cailaber iplayer with the right training..(Not Change His Game But Add To It, ect EXPLOSIVENESS / PLYO TRAINING)...
I think we could possibly land him back in LA due to the fact he fits MD offence, and he a good bond with Kobe

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,599 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2013 - 04:04 AM

To me Goudelock is better all around shooter the meeks. If you look at some of glocks old game footage you can see he can hit a shot with a defender on him. He has shown he can score agianst good defense and his floater has farthest range i have ever seen with that style shot... He is very unpredictable when given the greenlight.. He is a undersized 2 gaurd but so is russel westbrook(he doesnt really pass & you know it).. He didnt get decent playing time due to mike brown, I believe that he could be a all star cailaber iplayer with the right training..(Not Change His Game But Add To It, ect EXPLOSIVENESS / PLYO TRAINING)...
I think we could possibly land him back in LA due to the fact he fits MD offence, and he a good bond with Kobe

Meeks is a 3 year player that has started in this league and scored against starting lineups and shut down and scotched Ray Allen.

Those are things Goudelock will NEVER do in his 2nd year, he isn't even in the NBA in his 2nd year. To try to insinuate he's a better scorer than Meeks is, is an insult to Meeks.

Goudelock had a stretch of 5 good games and suddenly he's a better shooter than Meeks?

Meeks has done this for seasons, at a higher effective level while being a better defender than Goudelock.

Goudelock isn't a better all around shooter than Meeks. Even when we were talking about getting Meeks and I said there was no point because where Meeks is, Goudelock was gonna be within 2 years.

Goudelock is still years behind Meeks in terms of development and dependability.

5 good games from Goudelock in his rookie season doesn't trump anything Meeks has done. Meeks had 5 good games this year, he averaged 17 points coming off the bench.

Goudelock isn't going to do that right now in his career. Not anytime soon and definitely not in the NBA.

Watch Goudelock in the pre-season, what did he do? he hit a three...

But he's worse at taking it to the basket than Meeks, all he has is his floater and he wasn't even knocking that down with regularity, missing 75% of the ones he took in the Summer League and in the pre-season.

He also is a worse dribbler than Meeks which is saying something.

One thing I will say about Goudelock is that he MAY, he MAY one day be a more accurate three point shooter one day. It's not today, but one day. But the other aspects of his game is so weak, that he'll never be an upgrade to Meeks until years from now and that's only if Meeks remained as he is now and if Goudelock became extremely better.

Meeks is a capable starter in this league. Goudelock has yet to become a capable dependable 3rd player off the bench.

That's the difference.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,143 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 04:28 AM

rather have him than pau

:laughing:

man I miss his floater.

#44 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,092 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 09, 2013 - 07:59 AM

Gotrings, you still think the Lakers should be "win now" mode? 34 games is a reasonable period to assess a roster, and this is NOT a championship caliber team. It may not even be a playoff team.

There has to be a plan to fix this mess. I laid out a strategy above. I give you credit for a couple of minor corrections (cannot amnesty MWP unitl the offseason, which wont be long now, and Duhon is under contract for next year). Bottom line, this mess meeds to be fixed, and I would not be worrying about being over the luxury tax next year when signing some FAs at the league minimum.

There are 3 incredible talents here, two have father time to worry about and the other is not healthy.

Howard is at best only 70% of what he was in Orlando. The defense is bad with him as is and sucks without him. I want the healthy Dwight, not this iteration. Its incredible that he is even playing after major surgery just a few months ago.

So, if you want to stay in "win now" mode, we can look forward to more losses to the likes of low level playoff teams like Houston. I think the better option is to kiss the season goodbye, cut the deadwood lose asap and surround the three stars with as much talent as cheaply as possible next year.

Debbie Downer

#45 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Goudelock better than Meeks?

They are both streaky shooters neither can create off the dribble and to be honest they both are comically inept when it comes to dribbling the ball. (Metta is worse) Jodi is a scrappier defender than Goudelock and also tries a lot harder. How exactly is Goudelock better than Meeks again?

#46 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,092 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:50 AM

^This. But think about it, debating Gouldilocks vs Meeks? We sound like the Bobcats. Reminds me of the Chucky Atkins debates back in 2004.

Debbie Downer

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:51 AM

Goudelock better than Meeks?

neither can create off the dribble

So untrue. Goudelock AT LEAST can put the ball on the floor and rely on that so effective and deadly floater that he has nailed down from almost anywhere on the court seemingly. Wish I could say the same for Meeks. Instead in comparison, he (Meeks) just seemingly puts his head down and attacks the basket out of control or gets blocked or misses. Doesn't have that same effective & useful weapon in his arsenal as Goudelock. It might not sound like much, but it does make a difference.

yo.

#48 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:55 AM

He def can create his own shot

#49 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:55 AM

And look how effective he was agianst denver

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:59 AM

Either some of you guys haven't been watching the Lakers long enough, or just didn't really bother truly paying attention to Goudelock when he was here, particularly during his once consistent playing time and scoring success off the bench, or you just somehow fail to see it, but there's no denying it. Yes, obviously on paper, you would think, Jodie Meeks sounds like a sexier name than that of a Andrew Goudelock, but don't let that fool you.

yo.

#51 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Yes people forget we had MOKE BROWN ROTATIONS kmao.... Goudelock has more room for growth the meeks and a better skill set.... JHim and Kobe were feeding of eachother in a few games... Nash Goudelock and Kobe would be one scoring trio

#52 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 11:13 AM

and he was all time scoring leader in charleston and Forth Leading Scorer in NCAA Division 1 he senior year

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 11:14 AM

^ Well to be fair, I wouldn't say that's that great of a point to your argument. I mean college isn't that relevant. Heck, Jodie Meeks dropped 54 once in Kentucky. I only really care about what you've done or can do in this league.

yo.

#54 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 11:18 AM

I understand the differnce in play , it shows just a bit of relevence in that he can creat his own shot for awhile...and here the BIG ONE ( HE CAN HIT A OPEN JUMPER) < Thats Doesnt Change

#55 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 11:25 AM

#56 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Either some of you guys haven't been watching the Lakers long enough, or just didn't really bother truly paying attention to Goudelock when he was here, particularly during his once consistent playing time and scoring success off the bench, or you just somehow fail to see it, but there's no denying it. Yes, obviously on paper, you would think, Jodie Meeks sounds like a sexier name than that of a Andrew Goudelock, but don't let that fool you.

See this is where things get a bit fuzzy, He was brought here to shoot the 3 ball at a high % yet .... the guy who others like to bash and shall remain nameless shot a better % than him last year in limited time and has also done so again this year given more time. I really do not get the infatuation with this guy sorry, he is an undersized 2 that cannot dribble or defend. Watching him in the D league he seems to be working on his handles which is a good thing but they still are not there I have never seen him drive without first looking down. Also the best thing about that highlight video was the music.

Edited by viktorkain, January 09, 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#57 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 12:08 PM

Jan 31 CHA W 106-73 0 25:12 4 9 44.4 2 4 50.0
Jan 29 @ MIN W 106-101 0 14:50 3 7 42.9 1 2 50.0
Jan 28 @ MIL L 89-100 0 22:53 5 10 50.0 3 5 60.0
Jan 25 LAC W 96-91 0 20:24 5 8 62.5 2 3 66.7
Jan 22 IND L 96-98 0 0 0 0 N/A 0 0 N/A 0 0 N/A

There a few off these good stretches were he was allowed to shoot the ball some... He was shooting a good %

#58 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Apr 26 @ SAC L 96-113 0 24:58 4 12 33.3 3 5 60.0

Very good 3 ball

#59 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Overall 37%

A few stretches says nothing Jodi shot what 70% then 66% one game this season then went 0/6 Morris shot 70% on one occasion then had a few games of 100% .... in the big picture your average is all that matters and Goudelocks average is 37%.

Edited by viktorkain, January 09, 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#60 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 12:47 PM

I not talking about all around shooting. I am referring to 3point %... You could be the best in the world but with little to know playing time ( How would you fair?)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users