Photo

Bring Goudelock Back

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

• 40,385 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:22 PM

Any combination, all, or one of the following: K-Mart, D-West, CDR, or Goudelock could help us, but none will come. It's nice to talk about and read, but I just don't see Mitch bringing any sadly. Desperately wish I were wrong, but I doubt it.

yo.

#22 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:25 PM

I wish we have kept him. He is an excellent shooter, I don't know why they cut him, Morris should have been cut instead of Glock.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#23 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:25 PM

rather have him than pau

Pau Gasol is GONE

#24 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:28 PM

YOU ARE SO CORRECT MORRIS SHOULD HAVE GOT CUT INSTEAD OF GOUDELOCK... GOUDELOCK PUT STRETCH THE FLOOR TO NEW MEANING

#25 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,542 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:43 PM

He doesn't play defense. I think some of you have already forgotten that defense is a much bigger problem at the moment than offense. Jodie is a better defender than Glock. He's a better player than him period, that's why he has started 114 games in the NBA and Goudelock is in the D-League.

#26 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:47 PM

OUR PROBLEM IS DEFENSE
what sense would it make to bring back an undersized SG that got owned by Klay Thompson?!?! I don't get it

#27 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,343 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:53 PM

The more I think about it, dammit if Goudelock isn't the perfect player for Mike D's system.

veqdeg.jpg

#28 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 03:10 PM

yes shoot shoot and shoot more... we are not going to defense orieneted team...glock is a lights out shooter

#29 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 03:19 PM

yes shoot shoot and shoot more... we are not going to defense orieneted team...glock is a lights out shooter

is this MDI in disguise

#30 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 07, 2013 - 03:42 PM

Why? So we can post about how he "shoots too much" and "sucks" when he does not play how we envisioned?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#31 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 07, 2013 - 03:43 PM

We have a roster spot open finally..and you want to waste it on Goudelock????

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#32 DontH8myJumper

DontH8myJumper

Rookie

• 69 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 04:05 PM

it wouldnt be a waste... i have played organized ball at a high level... Goudelock is a good fit..

#33 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,721 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:30 PM

You guys are starting to sound like Kings fans. When the likes of Goudelock, Roberts, Sacre, KMart, Morris are looked at as the saviors of this once proud franchise, we have sunk to a very mediocre point indeed.

Here would be my plan for the rest of the season:
A. Get Dwight healthy. If that means shutting him down for the season, so be it. Let him renab the rest of the season and come back strong next year.
B. Play Kobe no more than 32 minutes/ game, no matter what. Save him for next year.
C. Trade Gasol asap for athletes and shooters. Play the the new guys heavily, getting them used to the system.
D. Amnesty MWP. He can hit a 3 now and then, but he is a shell of his former defensive self.
E. Try to trade meeks, Jamison, Duhon, Ebanks and Morris for anything useful, if not let them walk at year end.
F. Sign a coiuple of decent athletic FAs (who are not locker room headaches) for the rest of the year and audition them for next year, guys like Gaines, Terrence Williams.

Here would be my plan for the offseason:
A. Resign Howard.
B. Hire Brian Shaw as DanTan's "assistant" or get him a FO position just in case ....
C. Sign shooters, as many as possible.
D. Find a decent backup for Nash, maybe Gaines, maybe some one else.
E. Buy lots of Geritol of Kobe.
F. Send Kobe to Dale Carnegie school.
G. Fill the roster out like the Clippers/ Knicks/ Spurs do- cheap athletic types.

#34 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:39 PM

You guys are starting to sound like Kings fans. When the likes of Goudelock, Roberts, Sacre, KMart, Morris are looked at as the saviors of this once proud franchise, we have sunk to a very mediocre point indeed.

A. Get Dwight healthy. If that means shutting him down for the season, so be it. Let him renab the rest of the season and come back strong next year.
B. Play Kobe no more than 32 minutes/ game, no matter what. Save him for next year.
C. Trade Gasol asap for athletes and shooters. Play the the new guys heavily, getting them used to the system.
D. Amnesty MWP. He can hit a 3 now and then, but he is a shell of his former defensive self.
E. Try to trade meeks, Jamison, Duhon, Ebanks and Morris for anything useful, if not let them walk at year end.
F. Sign a coiuple of decent athletic FAs (who are not locker room headaches) for the rest of the year and audition them for next year, guys like Gaines, Terrence Williams.

A. Resign Howard.
B. Hire Brian Shaw as DanTan's "assistant" or get him a FO position just in case ....
G. Fill the roster out like the Clippers/ Knicks/ Spurs do- cheap athletic types.

Sundiata Ganes a good back up?!?! :laughing:

#35 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Um, its relative at this point. He's an upgrade over anything the Lakers have now. There's a reason he's an unsigned FA.

#36 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:48 PM

A. Resign Howard.

Easier said than done

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#37 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:55 PM

^With the new CBA its more do-able than in the past. There are alot of quality players available in the offseason for cheap once the first line FAs get signed. The Spurs have been doing it for years. The obvious key is re-signing Dwight.

#38 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:42 PM

^With the new CBA its more do-able than in the past. There are alot of quality players available in the offseason for cheap once the first line FAs get signed. The Spurs have been doing it for years. The obvious key is re-signing Dwight.

What are you talking about? The new CBA will hurt the Lakers out of all the teams in the league. First, we have have the new tax. Before, it was dollar-to-dollar for dipping into the luxury tax. Here are the new rules according to ESPN
  • $1.50-for-$1 for teams $0-$5 million into the tax
  • $1.75-for-$1 between $5-$10 million
  • $2.50-for-$1 at $10-$15 million
  • $3.25-for-$1 from $15-$20 million

The Lakers are going to be more carefully and cautious with the money they spend. I recall reading an article from Eric Pincus saying that if the new tax happened to kick in this season, the Lakers total payroll would be around $180 million (something like that). Secondly, there will be no more sign and trades. You know, that 'thing' that helped us land Steve Nash? Without sign and trades, we would of not have acquired Steve Nash.

A. Resign Howard.

Get Dwight healthy. If that means shutting him down for the season, so be it. Let him renab the rest of the season and come back strong next year.

We are in win now mode. No one is getting shut down unless if they have a dislocated ACL or some type of heart condition. Dwight has said continually that he is fine and is getting better as the season progress. He is not a 100% yet, but he is getting there. Secondly , what kind of message will we be sending by shutting him down? We have invested so much into this season. Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash are in their final stages of their careers. The Lakers are not going to shut down their best defensive player unless they get notice from a doctor saying that this injury can jeopardize his career. If we are going to shut down Dwight, do it at least with his permission. In my honest opinion, if you shut if down, you are basically saying "We do not trust you can help lead this team." Granted, an opposing view can also say, "We are protecting our franchise player." Let Dwight play out unless he or a doctor says so. We want him to get the feel that this is his team in 2-4 years. Plus, can you imagine our defense without Dwight :) .

Play Kobe no more than 32 minutes/ game, no matter what. Save him for next year.

Kobe has been playing major minutes. It is kind of funny. It seems the older Kobe gets, the better he becomes as a player. He has lost a step, but he is still producing at a high level. I am ok with Kobe getting less minutes, but who is going to pick up the slack? Nash and Kobe are our only facilitators. We do not need a super scoring bench. We just need players that can come in, give a couple minutes off for the starters, and keep the game close. Kobe is Kobe. He is a competitor. He will do whatever it takes to win. He is not going to throw in the towel, play less minutes, and lose. HE WANTS TO WIN.

Trade Gasol asap for athletes and shooters. Play the the new guys heavily, getting them used to the system.

I agree. The time has come for Pau to be gone. We do not know what type of offers are out there. I don't want another superstar in return for Pau (Unless it is Kevin Love :D ). A backup point guard, a shooter, and maybe a wing will be nice. They do not have to be stars. I want players who understand their role in this team and will execute and play at a high level.

Amnesty MWP. He can hit a 3 now and then, but he is a shell of his former defensive self.

Players can only be amnestied during the off-season. Metta can hit the 3-ball now and then, especially from the corner. I would like to see him offensively function in the low post for often then beyond the arc.

Try to trade meeks, Jamison, Duhon, Ebanks and Morris for anything useful, if not let them walk at year end.

Meeks and Duhon are under contract for next season. You cannot simply "let them walk." Well you can, but their salaries are still going to factored into the payroll. Duhon is a little bit harder to trade, considering his contract. It will be interesting to see how things will play out before the deadline. There may be some teams in need of a point guard. Regarding Ebanks and Morris, I think that one of them, especially Ebanks, may be involved in some Pau deal.

Sign a coiuple of decent athletic FAs (who are not locker room headaches) for the rest of the year and audition them for next year, guys like Gaines, Terrence Williams.

It is not a matter or just "signing" a player. First off, you have to make a roster spot open (we did that today by waiving DJO). Secondly, we need players that can come in and fit in with this team. The last thing we want are a couple of old guys getting beat off the dribble and failing to close out. Third, honestly, whose out their that is good that can contribute?

Resign Howard.

That decision is completely up to Howard. We do have his bird rights, and it seems the only competition out their is Dallas (and MAYBE Atlanta).

Hire Brian Shaw as DanTan's "assistant" or get him a FO position just in case ....

That is not happening. Brian Shaw has lost the respect of the Lakers organization. It wasn't that he didn't get the job, but it was how it was handled. The Lakers didn't even call him to notify him that he didn't get the job. Shaw found out by watching TV. Plus, to my understanding, it seems the Jimmy doesn't want any traces from Phil Jackson. Again, I am just assuming.

Sign shooters, as many as possible.

What good shooters are out their in free agency that we can sign now and fit our system? Let me know.

Find a decent backup for Nash, maybe Gaines, maybe some one else.

I concur. We do need a back-up point guard. More importantly, we need someone that can produce and create for others. We need someone to lead the bench.

Buy lots of Geritol of Kobe. / Send Kobe to Dale Carnegie school.

Um, ok?

Fill the roster out like the Clippers/ Knicks/ Spurs do- cheap athletic types.

Easier said than done, considering the cap situation we are in and that sign and trades will be no longer.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#39 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:58 PM

The more I think about it, dammit if Goudelock isn't the perfect player for Mike D's system.

So is Meeks. And Meeks is better than Goudelock on both ends.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,385 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 10:00 PM

^ To me Goudelock & Meeks from the outside is somewhat of a toss-up and overall offensively, I give the edge to Goudelock cause he can actually create his own shot at least with that extremely effective floater.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users