Photo

There is still hope in Lakers land. And hope is all we have.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted January 07, 2013 - 07:12 AM

If the Lakers of 2003 end up going all the way to the semi finals in the playoffs having a start of 13 - 20, we aren't that bad compared to them. Yes we are not a great team like our record shows. Almost every game no matter what team we play it is up in the air if we end up losing or winning. But lets have hope. Patients is riding thin for everybody. Making the playoffs is our first goal right now. I know this is not the NFL and any team can win it all making the playoffs but as long as we make it even with the 8 seed we might do some damaged. This could be the worst so called "super team" in history? Maybe it is or maybe its not. I still got hope.

And for the people who call me a bandwagon just because of a thread I made because of my fustration with this team, it shows the brain cells some of you guys are missing. You act like you guys know me personally. Attacking me calling me a bandwagon when you dont even know the history with me and the lakers? I never called you guys out personally and I never even attack you guys personally. It shows the kind of person you guys are. If I was a bandwagon, I wouldnt bend over backwards just to prove you guys I am not. But guess what? I dont need to prove to any of you guys anything. Your life suck so bad you probably need this just to make your sorry life better.

Sorry for the attacks but I just had enough with some of you members here.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:33 AM

They could've lost all the games by now and I still would have hope.
Irrational? Stupid? Don't care...

Let's go Lakers!!

#3 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,698 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:38 AM

On this day in 2003, the Shaq/Kobe/Phil Lakers were 15-20. They finished the season with 50 wins. The sky hasn't fallen… yet.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,285 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:38 AM

:facepalm:

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:39 AM

yea, they're making progress and trying things. I can see glimpses of what they want to be. Its gonna take lots of work and sacrifice but I believe they can get there. the win/loss differential doesn't tell the entire story here and everyone know that. if the Lakers continue to build chemistry and can get hot going into round 1, it doesn't matter what seed we are the West knows were a serious threat in a 7 game series.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:47 AM

A Kobe, Shaq and Phil Jackson team started 13-20 that year because Shaq missed the first 13-15 games of that season and was still playing injured for another 10-15. With Kobe or Shaq out of the lineup, those teams would always struggle...and it would take one of those two to go off just to win games.

But...that's Kobe, Shaq and Phil. They had three rings together.

Kobe/Shaq/Phil >>>>>>>>> Kobe/Dwight/D'Antoni

Dwight may not be 100% yet, but he's still out there giving us averages of 17/12. A game of 20+ points and 20+ rebounds wouldn't mean much from him right now. Nash is on the floor, Dwight is out there, Gasol is out there, and Kobe is having one of his best seasons ever...so it's not even close to the 2003 season, sadly.

Change our offense, and adjust the way we defend the perimeter and lead players into Dwight. Then, we'll see a comeback that will land us a bottom four seed. Will D'Antoni and Nash go with that? Probably not.

#7 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:11 AM

In 2002/3, it always felt like the Lakers were going to win the next game.

Right now, while there is reason to believe they can figure some things out, it's hard to really point to any big games and expect them to win.

Therein lies the challenge. They just barfed away home games with Philly & Denver. They had to know better, but still let it happen.

Now, they start a 3 game stretch that, given recent performance, looks like an 0-3 stretch. So, what does a veteran ("old") team do? Do they take their lumps in Texas and come home and "hope" to beat OKC on a wing and a prayer?

Or, do they start "managing the season" and go all out and make sure they beat Houston tomorrow, get through ("rest") SA on Wednesday, then come backk and try and beat OKC on Friday?

I know, from a big picture perspective, the coaches and some players still are trying to round this thing into shape and turn it into what they expected it to be when the season started, or when Brown was fired, or when D'Antoni was hired, or when Nash returned, or . . . you get the point. The thought being that if they are really clicking going into April, then they might be able to make noise even as a 7 or 8 seed.

But, I'm not convinced they will get there soon enough to be able to absorb the continued growing pains/losses.

They are looking at 15-21 before another "easy" win appears on the schedule. This is not good.

It may be time to go full throttle on "must win" games and figure out how to get the 45+ it's going to take to make the play-offs, even if that means aborting mission on some of the grander schemes and just figure out how to scrape together wins.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#8 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:17 AM

That team had shaq in his prime. This team has Nash in decline. Next.

#9 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,548 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:18 AM

Blind Optimism

That team would crush this one. Shaq is a galaxy wide better than Dwight.

Edited by Chad, January 07, 2013 - 09:19 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#10 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,217 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:37 AM

This team as it is currently constructed is not making the Playoffs. This coming from the guy that has seen at least ten days worth of NBA Dvds. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#11 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:51 AM

This team as it is currently constructed is not making the Playoffs. This coming from the guy that has seen at least ten days worth of NBA Dvds. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it

They aren't. And they are multiple moves away from contending.

#12 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Fan Since:im just a fan of kobe since he always wows me
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 07, 2013 - 10:02 AM

As long as mike d is coach, there is no hope.

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2013 - 10:09 AM

Just gotta hope they make a trade soon and go from there.

I'd usually say lets hope they go on a run but they are not playing any type of defense that would warrant a long enough win streak.

We are only 5 1/2 games out of the 6th spot, so it's completely lost yet. But they need to shake things up and have a new look because it's not working

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,489 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 07, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Before the season started, I thought, 25 games of Kobe-Dwight -Nash and the team will have a fraction of the chemistry that the really good teams have.

Nash's injury really put us behind the 8-ball.

This isn't Shaq and Kobe's Lakers but, it's not too far off from a pure talent situation. Our depth wasn't great then and it's not great now.

But no matter HOW you slice it, this team is better than their record. I don't care what anyone here or anywhere says.

We just play like the pressure is getting to us.

We have two bad offensive starts in the two previous games(LAC,PHI) and this game is seems we focus purely on offense. Its frustrating, but until these guys get 20 games together, I have to reserve judgement.

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Before the season started, I thought, 25 games of Kobe-Dwight -Nash and the team will have a fraction of the chemistry that the really good teams have.

Nash's injury really put us behind the 8-ball.

This isn't Shaq and Kobe's Lakers but, it's not too far off from a pure talent situation. Our depth wasn't great then and it's not great now.

But no matter HOW you slice it, this team is better than their record. I don't care what anyone here or anywhere says.

We just play like the pressure is getting to us.

We have two bad offensive starts in the two previous games(LAC,PHI) and this game is seems we focus purely on offense. Its frustrating, but until these guys get 20 games together, I have to reserve judgement.

Agreed 110%.

Are struggles are so bad that not even the biggest Lakers hater could envision this type of season for them. I talked to a few friends who absolutely hate the Lakers and they are shocked (while happy) that this is happening.

#16 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 07, 2013 - 10:33 AM

These players are better than the record. This team is not.

#17 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,217 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:58 PM

Pau & D12 are out ...
http://youtu.be/HCCyvAwbbso

Edited by Mr Terrific, January 07, 2013 - 05:06 PM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#18 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 07, 2013 - 01:00 PM

No hope.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users