#1 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:03 AM

Lakers' Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard feuding in LA, Brooklyn Nets and Deron Willaims could benefit if team tries to trade big man

The Nets are in a position to put together an enticing package if they know Howard would sign long-term to play with Deron Williams. The Nets’ previous proposals to the Magic centered around Brook Lopez, who is having a breakthrough season coming off foot surgery.

By Stefan Bondy / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Posted Image
Mark J. Terrill/AP

Kobe Bryant (l.) and Dwight Howard are at odds, a feud that could finally land Superman in Brooklyn.

Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant just can’t get along, and there’s a team in Brooklyn that might be waiting to pick up the pieces.

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season.

Three days after the altercation, following a disheartening loss to the Clippers, Howard complained about the lack of chemistry on the Lakers. It was a comment seemingly directed at Bryant, who is averaging a league-high 22 shots despite playing with three potential Hall of Famers.
The Mike D’Antoni-coached Lakers fell to 15-18 after losing at home to the Denver Nuggets, 112-105, Sunday night despite Howard’s 26 rebounds. Bryant led L.A. with 29 points but took 26 shots.

“Look at the difference between our team and (the Clippers),” Howard said. “They just play together. They share the ball. Everybody’s excited when something happens.”

Howard again hinted at the disconnect on Saturday. There were always concerns over whether Bryant, a no-nonsense veteran, and Howard, a playful man-child, could co-exist.
Posted Image
Jason Szenes/EPA

Could Deron Williams (l.) and new Nets coach P.J. Carlesimo be welcoming in Dwight Howard?
“(Chemistry) is something we have to do to get better,” Howard told reporters in L.A. “We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don’t want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.”

Howard, a pending free agent, has not committed to Los Angeles beyond this season.

If the Lakers decide Howard won’t re-sign, they risk losing him for nothing and it becomes more likely they trade the six-time All-Star.

The Nets spent all of last year trying to acquire Howard, who admitted in October that Brooklyn was his preferred destination.
The Nets are in a position to put together an enticing package if they know Howard would sign long-term to play with Deron Williams. The Nets’ previous proposals to the Magic centered around Brook Lopez, who is having a breakthrough season coming off foot surgery.

Lopez can’t be traded until Jan. 15 because he signed a four-year, $61 million deal in the summer. He is averaging 18.9 points and 7.4 rebounds, while Howard – who is coming off back surgery – is on pace for his worst statistical campaign (17.4 points, 12.0 rebounds) since his second season.

Prior to the trade that sent Howard to Los Angeles, Bryant reportedly told Howard he’d be the third offensive option if traded to the Lakers. Following the New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, Bryant was ticked off at Howard and ticked off in front of the media.

“Cause we’re old as s---,” the 34-year-old told reporters, explaining the Lakers’ struggles. “What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don’t have that energy.”

Source: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1234685

Edited by lakerfan0307, January 07, 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:12 AM

Not going to lie, I laughed out loud at Kobe supposedly referencing Shaq's comments. Lol.

#3 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yeah, the New York Daily News would definitely get the inside scoop on a Howard/Bryant "feud" before any LA media. Especially when Howard was restrained from going at Kobe during a "heated exchange" on New Years Day. Makes perfect sense. It's not like the Lakers are a big deal or anything here in LA.

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, the New York Daily News would definitely get the inside scoop on a Howard/Bryant "feud" before any LA media. Especially when Howard was restrained from going at Kobe during a "heated exchange" on New Years Day. Makes perfect sense. It's not like the Lakers are a big deal or anything here in LA.

Was just going to post these exact sentiments.

Had this actually happened, the LA media would have been all over this.

#5 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:26 AM

Hmm

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#6 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,841 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:34 AM

The media want the attention.. Not going to happen.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,156 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:35 AM

The media want the attention.. Not going to happen.

They always do, if the team struggles. Obviously the main stars aren't getting along lol its journalism 101 these days.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#8 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,458 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:41 AM

Don't believe the hype. They may end up at each other's throats, but it hasn't happened yet.

Edited by magicbalala245, January 07, 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

#9 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,458 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:50 AM

Jarrod Rudolph just tweeted me saying it never happened

@Real_Ajay_Virk @kobebryant @DwightHoward: I was told emphatically that it didn't happen on Thursday. Others were told the same.

Edited by magicbalala245, January 07, 2013 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,042 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:54 AM

Just looking at the URL says it all, lol.

Come on, now.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#11 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 07, 2013 - 12:58 AM

Lol who cares
htCCl0m.png

#12 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,048 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 01:42 AM

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Jarrod Randolph said it wasn't more than a talk .. he has credibility when it comes to something related to dwight ..

#13 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,458 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:13 AM

Two Lakers sources have adamantly shot down the reported Dwight/Kobe incident. One said, "it's simply not true."

Edited by magicbalala245, January 07, 2013 - 02:13 AM.

Posted Image

#14 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 07, 2013 - 04:23 AM

Actually it wouldn't surprise me. You can look at this team and tell their is no Derek Fisher on it. They are wound so tight from losing that there is no flow to their game on either end. Dwght looks totally unskilled, tough and dominant but unskilled, Nash looks extra old, Pau looks unhappy and alone, the bench looks scared to make a mistake whenever they do get playing time and Kobe shoots more when he doesn't trust his teammates. This ISH is totally disfunctional and only the blind are trying to act like it isn't happening.

#15 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron

Posted January 07, 2013 - 04:52 AM

Team chemistry -1000%

#16 SportyIntellectual

SportyIntellectual

Rookie

• 161 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 07, 2013 - 06:52 AM

Sounds like 'NBA insider' Chris Broussard trying to generate a little gossip to keep himself, um, relevant.

#17 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,556 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:01 AM

The Lost Season.

Dwight don't like Kobe, from everything that comes out of his mouth it's becoming more apparent. Of course the Lakers source is going to deny it.

Edited by Chad, January 07, 2013 - 08:02 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#18 SportyIntellectual

SportyIntellectual

Rookie

• 161 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:29 AM

The Lost Season.

Dwight don't like Kobe, from everything that comes out of his mouth it's becoming more apparent. Of course the Lakers source is going to deny it.

And of course it must be true if the NY Daily News published it. :okay:

#19 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,556 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:42 AM

And of course it must be true if the NY Daily News published it. :okay:

Chemistry is) something we have to do to get better. We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.

Dwight said this, that's all I needed to hear. I'm just saying I don't think they like each other, that's all.

http://espn.go.com/l...play-each-other

Edited by Chad, January 07, 2013 - 08:44 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#20 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,699 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:46 AM

so is it now true or a false story?

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users