Photo

We need a defensive coach/coordinator more than anything else...

defense

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,849 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:45 PM

Scott Skiles just became available

• 40,395 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 11:22 AM

yo.

#83 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2013 - 12:38 PM

At 3:45, they sit there and say that Dwight Howard misses Rashard Lewis on the defensive end, after saying how horrible of a defender Shard was. So, basically, they are saying that Lewis was actually a better defender than Kobe (who is the focal point of their conversation at that time).

So yeah, that's about where I turned it off, because it's ridiculous. Even throwing ALL numbers aside that support Kobe as the second-best defensive player on this roster AND one of the best defenders at the two in the NBA...I can't find a reason for ANYONE to say that Shard defended better than Bryant when he was in Orlando. None.

These guys are ridiculous. Again, pointing to Kobe, and then signaling that Dwight is not 100%, is the easiest way out of a conversation about defense.

They talk about how we rag on Gasol's defense...and yet, it's better than Jamison's. OF COURSE it is...barely. Both give up more points than any other player we have, along with Nash.

But, yeah...it all starts with Kobe, and the only reason they are saying it is because he's the guy. It's his team, his franchise, and it's an easy kick-off to a five-minute conversation that, for the first four minutes I watched, gave no solutions.

#84 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 09, 2013 - 01:15 PM

^^^ I cant stand these 2 brothers. always use the tired old cliche ESPN talking point = blame Kobe.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defense

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users