49 replies to this topic

#41 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,311 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:07 AM

^Last I checked Kobe is still leading the league in scoring and has as good or better a make % than in any other year of his career.

His physical abilities and production have never been the question/ issue for me. His lack of leadership, immaturity, narcicistic approach are what hold "his" teams back. Good leaders inspre others to perform at their peak. He truly has the heart of a champion, but because he is such a lousy leader, his teams will always suffer.

Debbie Downer

#42 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 742 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'm in favor of a MAJOR overhaul of this roster. That was what needed to be done back when we lost to Dallas, but the FO just tried putting a band aid on it. That's not going to fly anymore, this team is too old and filled with holes at nearly every position.

Keep Kobe, Nash, Dwight, Hill, and Metta, everyone else can GTFO. They show no desire to be a part of what this organization stands for. Not only winning, but playing with pride and a passion for the game.

#43 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:40 AM

^Last I checked Kobe is still leading the league in scoring and has as good or better a make % than in any other year of his career.

His physical abilities and production have never been the question/ issue for me. His lack of leadership, immaturity, narcicistic approach are what hold "his" teams back. Good leaders inspre others to perform at their peak. He truly has the heart of a champion, but because he is such a lousy leader, his teams will always suffer.

how does it hold guys back with 5 titles & 7 nba title appearances = just foolish to say so.

Gr8 leaders like NAsh who was surrounded by 4 allstars at a point = 0 title appearances let alone Rings. This argument is baseless.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#44 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,311 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:00 AM

^Your argument appears to be that success= great leadership. Which of Kobe's teammates have described him that way? In fact, we know Kobe has clashed with multiple teammates that he considers to be of inferior talent and worth. We have heard rumors that FAs dont want to sign and play with him. That's not a leader. Kobe has won with incredible personal talent, surrounded by great talent, DESPITE his poor leadership and immaturity. He has played for what, 17 years in the league, often surrounded by some of the best talent. He would have even more rings but for his own weaknesses.

Debbie Downer

#45 zmarchbank

zmarchbank

Rookie

• 132 posts
  • Name:Zach
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Fisher

Posted January 09, 2013 - 12:17 PM

^Your argument appears to be that success= great leadership. Which of Kobe's teammates have described him that way? In fact, we know Kobe has clashed with multiple teammates that he considers to be of inferior talent and worth. We have heard rumors that FAs dont want to sign and play with him. That's not a leader. Kobe has won with incredible personal talent, surrounded by great talent, DESPITE his poor leadership and immaturity. He has played for what, 17 years in the league, often surrounded by some of the best talent. He would have even more rings but for his own weaknesses.

The problem is that in reality, most people are of inferior talent to kobe. And he knows that. I think the problem comes in their worth. I don't think kobe has accepted that just because kobe is more naturally talented and accomplished than any player you could put on the floor with him, many players could be worth just as much to the team as him. One player can only have so much impact. You have to have other players. Gasol was worth close to as much as kobe in the championship years, even though kobe is a better individual player.

A good leader's job is to understand your talents and utilize them while making other members of your team understand their worth and get the most out of them. I don't think anyone can say this is Kobe's strength.

Edited by zmarchbank, January 09, 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#46 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,311 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 01:37 PM

^Well put.

Debbie Downer

#47 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 03:40 PM

Success = Championships in Professional sports
I am saying it doesnt take a leader like Nash to lead a roster to a Title. MJ just like Kobe was point blank & upfront when he confronted his teammates. do u question his leadership or no cuz he was media darling? Gr8 Talent who was gr8 besides Kobe in last 2 Rings? (Ill give you he played with plenty of gr8 role players in 3peat but only other gr8 player besides him has been Shaq! You use that term to losely. He would have had more rings if Shaq matched Kobe's gr8ness & improved his physique & skills every new season they were together. You dont get the enigma of Kobe after 17yrs now? Wow catch up.

#48 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 03:42 PM

The problem is that in reality, most people are of inferior talent to kobe. And he knows that. I think the problem comes in their worth. I don't think kobe has accepted that just because kobe is more naturally talented and accomplished than any player you could put on the floor with him, many players could be worth just as much to the team as him. One player can only have so much impact. You have to have other players. Gasol was worth close to as much as kobe in the championship years, even though kobe is a better individual player.

A good leader's job is to understand your talents and utilize them while making other members of your team understand their worth and get the most out of them. I don't think anyone can say this is Kobe's strength.

I dont see how you can say this cuz every other team that has won a ring since Kobe has been in NBA has had better overall teams than Lakers. Multiple players at every position that contributed. Kobe has not had that luxury since 3 peat days.

#49 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,311 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 03:55 PM

^Oh I "get" the emigma that is Kobe. I am not sure that Kobe "gets" the enigma that he is. Dont confuse intensity with leadership.

Debbie Downer

#50 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Might be able to take Clark off this list.

We'll see if he can keep it up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users