Denver at LA Lakers

• Please log in to reply
865 replies to this topic

#21 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Monogatari

• 8,419 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 03:09 PM

Kenneth Faried will vomit all over Howard.

Literally, lol.

MMiRi9s.png

#22 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted January 06, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Denver will be all over the boards...the lakers are depending on pau gasol to outdo faried and mcgee? gtfo plzthx.

#23 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:36 PM

Odds makers have the Nuggets winning by 1. Predicted a 104-103 win for Denver.

I agree with em

#24 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:49 PM

Lakers lose by 3.

Odds makers have he Nuggets winning by 1. Predicted a 104-103 win for Denver.

I agree with em

Nope. Lakers win. I know this team has done nothing to improve your faith or anyone else's on this forum thus far this season, but they know it's crunch time now, they will respond.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#25 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:51 PM

Why suddenly is it crunch time now?

It was crunch time when the season started, that's how winners approach it. Don't know why suddenly things will change.

#26 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:58 PM

I foresee a dominant performance tonight.

#27 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:59 PM

I just can't see them not responding tonight from the last two losses simple as that. I'm not saying they're gonna go 4-0 in these next 4 games but I'd be shocked if they don't go 2-2. Each game they get further and further away from the 8 seed makes them more and more desperate. Portland and Houston had great weeks and I'm sure our guys know that and know we need to respond even more so now.

Edited by LakersChamps243, January 06, 2013 - 05:00 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#28 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hey whatever you want to believe.

Me I don't think this team has the wherewithal to step up to anything with any kind of motivation. Merely hovering around 500 should've been enough to kick em in the butt.

#29 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,530 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 06, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Every game that pau is still on the lakers makes me more depressed about this season.

#30 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Putting it all on Pau?

This team makes me depressed about the season. Win as a team, lose as a team. If you want a scapegoat look at the organization as a whole.

#31 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 06, 2013 - 05:55 PM

Glad Dwight is playing, I hope that shoulder doesn't nag him!!

But if Pau doesn't show up offensively or defensively and Meeks is still cold chalk this one up.

Putting it all on Pau?

This team makes me depressed about the season. Win as a team, lose as a team. If you want a scapegoat look at the organization as a whole.

If the Lakers brought in Michael Jordan in his prime after the Olympics and he showed up into camp out of shape and was putting up season lows all over the board, would you blame the organization for getting Jordan or blame Jordan for not playing up to par thus far?

Edited by Majesty, January 06, 2013 - 05:56 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#32 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:00 PM

Win and lose as a team.

That's how team sports work, like it or not. If one player does well they don't win a ring as the rest of the team sits there.

#33 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,530 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Kamenetzky Brothers @KamBrothers about 8 minutes ago

D'Antoni said Jamison will play tonight. Whether for more than the 3 minutes AJ got on Friday, he wasn't that specific. Stay tuned. AK

My guess he will go 0-1 with 1 rebound with 4 mins playing time and just stand behind the 3 point line.

#34 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 945 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:04 PM

Try and get a W here.

#35 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,367 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:08 PM

Win and lose as a team.

That's how team sports work, like it or not. If one player does well they don't win a ring as the rest of the team sits there.

It's pau's fault! haven't you heard?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#36 Trytobeunbias

Trytobeunbias

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Fan Since:Back in the day.
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Shaq

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Just win.

#37 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:22 PM

Win and lose as a team.

And whether you like it or not, if one player isn't putting forth effort, it can throw off an entire team. It doesn't have to be the "team" that sit's there.

If I don't show up, don't play with effort, nor show any effort on the offensive or the defensive end, I'm hurting my "team" no matter how hard they are playing.

One bad apple spoils the bunch, which is a term I'm sure you've heard. And if I'm playing terribly and not putting forth any effort and we lose because of it, then I'm the reason we lost because I put my TEAM MATES in a bad position from the get go.

It works THAT way too :)

If I would screw up my coach didn't give me "We lost as a team" he would tell me "You missed the screen" here. Or "You weren't hustling" here.

There's a certain thing called everyone being held accountable for their own actions and if YOUR actions are hurting the team as a whole then it isn't the team's "Fault" it's your own. And learning to own up to those things are what make you a better player AND a better team mate.

If you keep losing and thinking "well if I don't show up and we lose, it's cause we lost as a team" Then what's the point of bringing an individual effort at all? Since it's the cumulative individual effort of EVERYONE that makes a team successful.

This means that one of the main cogs NOT putting forth any effort hurts the team severely. And it isn't the team's fault if they are playing their heart out and their team mate isn't.

Edited by Majesty, January 06, 2013 - 06:25 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#38 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,367 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Never seen the lakers play this poorly.

#39 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,530 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:25 PM

I can guarantee you this. Exchange pau with just one decent bench player and have hill start and you will see dramatic improvement. Pau does not make this team better. He makes it worse. He bring only decent passing and thats no even close to enough to help this team. We dont need a 7 foot facilitator. We have nash to do that.

#40 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,367 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:28 PM

And whether you like it or not, if one player isn't putting forth effort, it can throw off an entire team. It doesn't have to be the "team" that sit's there.

If I don't show up, don't play with effort, nor show any effort on the offensive or the defensive end, I'm hurting my "team" no matter how hard they are playing.

One bad apple spoils the bunch, which is a term I'm sure you've heard. And if I'm playing terribly and not putting forth any effort and we lose because of it, then I'm the reason we lost because I put my TEAM MATES in a bad position from the get go.

It works THAT way too

If I would screw up my coach didn't give me "We lost as a team" he would tell me "You missed the screen" here. Or "You weren't hustling" here.

There's a certain thing called everyone being held accountable for their own actions and if YOUR actions are hurting the team as a whole then it isn't the team's "Fault" it's your own. And learning to own up to those things are what make you a better player AND a better team mate.

If you keep losing "well if I don't show up and we lose, it's cause we lost as a team" Then what's the point of bringing an individual effort at all? Since it's the cumulative individual effort of EVERYONE that makes a team successful.

This means that one of the main cogs NOT putting forth any effort hurts the team severely. And it isn't the team's fault if they are playing their heart out and their team mate isn't.

And PAU is that apple?

Do we judge effort in points? I don't.

Pau isn't playing well, but he's got company.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users